// Regarding Duas: Will Allah answer my prayers?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy. - Jalaluddin al-Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding Duas: Will Allah answer my prayers?  (Read 825 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 27, 2012 04:44 PM »

Assalamalaikum,

I have a feeling that Allah won't answer my prayers as I have done many sins.I knew I was committing the sin,yet I did not stop.Will Allah forgive me and protect me of the consequences of my sins and answer my prayers?
Will he provide me with best of the world and the hereafter in-spite of me being a sinner?

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2012 09:37 PM »

salam

Allah is pardoner, he loves to forgive and we should ask for forgiveness wholeheartedly.

Doubting Allahs mercy is shaitaan trying to keep us from getting close to Allah's mercy.

Don't ever stop asking for Allahs forgiveness, Allah is most merciful.

Whenever I make dua to Allah I always pray that Allah judge me according to his mercy & not my merit.

Don't ever stop praying & making istighfar & stop doing what you shouldn't be.

Allah is Mercy manifest & some days that is the only thing that keeps me going.

Lots of Duas.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2012 06:25 AM »

Walaikum salam,

We all have alot of sins.  Sad We've all made mistakes and done something wrong. The major difference between the believer and someone else though, is the believer always feels remorse and repents for their sins and has hope in Allah's forgiveness.

Sins do have an ugly multiplying effect in one's life. I don't know if we can continue committing sins and then expect that Allah will protect us from the consequence of those sins and answer our prayers. We definitely should not expect that, and instead fear the consequences of our sins in this life and the next.

Why should Allah provide someone with the best of the world and the hereafter if they're a sinner (currently and have not repented)? That's the whole point of sins and non-sins, good deeds vs. bad deeds, being a good muslim versus a bad one, is it not??

Islam is certainly not like Christianity in that all you have to do is believe in something and you are "saved". You and only you are responsible for your actions. Belief is important, but so is action, otherwise nothing anyone did would matter.

So in short, stop the sins, repent, have hope in Allahs forgiveness and start again inshaAllah. Remember how happy Allah is to have someone return to Him. I'm sure you would be in his protection and love if you did that.

Verily, Allāh is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than a person who has his camel in a waterless desert carrying his provision of food and drink and it is lost. He, having lost all hopes (to get that back), lies down in shade and is disappointed about his camel; when all of a sudden he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of its reins and then out of boundless joy blurts out: 'O Allāh, You are my slave and I am Your Rubb'. He commits this mistake out of extreme joy.”
[Hadith Muslim]

=========
Tafseer of this Hadith:

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen said in his explanation of this ḥadīth:

The author (Al-Nawawi) raḥimahullāh says, 'the servant of the Messenger of Allāh ' in reference to Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu), whose mother brought him to the Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) upon arriving in Madinah and said, 'here is Anas ibn Malik to serve you'. The Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) accepted him, and Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu) became the servant of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam).

Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu) related that the Messenger (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “Verily, Allāh is more delighted with the repentance of His slave” more than the happiness of a man who finds his camel after losing it, and he mentioned the story: that a man was in a desert alone, with no water, food, or people…and he lost his camel. He searched, but failed to find it. So he went to sleep under a tree, awaiting death! He lost hope in finding his camel and lost hope in life, for his food and drink were on the lost camel.

Then suddenly, in this state of hopelessness, he finds his camel right in front of him, its reins attached to the same tree he slept beneath.

What is comparable to such happiness? No one can truly relate to such joy except one who was in the same situation.  Indeed, it is great joy; joy of life after death. For this reason he took hold of its reins and cried, “'O Allāh, You are my slave and I am Your Rabb!
'”  He wanted to praise Allāh saying: 'O Allāh, You are my Lord and I am Your Slave',  but due to his extreme joy, he made a mistakenly switched it around.

From the Benefits of this ḥadīth:
is evidence of Allāh's – azza wa jal – happiness with the repentance of His slave to Him, and that He – subḥānahu wa ta'āla – loves this deed greatly. But this is not due to His need for our deeds and repentance, for Allāh is Free of needs from us, rather this is due to Allāh's love for Generosity, for He, subhanahu wata'ala, loves to Pardon and Forgive. This is more beloved to Him than taking retribution and imposing blame. For this reason, Allāh loves the repentance of the slave. So in this ḥadīth, there is encouragement towards repentance, due to Allāh's love for it and the benefit it holds for the slave.

From the lessons of this ḥadīth is affirmation (of the attribute) of 'happiness' to Allāh 'azza wa jal. For He, subḥānahu wa ta'āla, becomes Pleased, Angry, Hates and Loves. But these attributes are unlike our own, because Allāh says,

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ ۖ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ

“There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.” (Sūrat'l-Shūra 42:11).

So, this 'happiness' is befitting to His Might and Majesty and does not resemble the joy of the creation.

In this ḥadīth, there is also evidence that if a person's tongue slips and they say a certain statement mistakenly, even if it is in essence (a statement of)  kufr (disbelief), then they are not held accountable for it. In the case of this man (in the hadith), his statement was one of disbelief. This is because, a person saying to his Lord, 'You are my slave and I am you Lord'; this is undoubtedly a statement of disbelief. But when it was uttered mistakenly – under circumstances of extreme joy – then he was not held accountable for it. So if a person makes a mistake regarding a word or statement of disbelief, then he is not accounted for it. Similar is the case for other words or statement, such as if he unintentionally cursed someone or mistakenly freed his slave. All of this does not make him accountable for anything, because he did not intend it. It becomes similar, in such a case, to the unintentional oath (al-laghw fil yameen). Allāh ta'āla said:
لَّا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا كَسَبَتْ قُلُوبُكُم

“Allāh does not impose blame upon you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He imposes blame upon you for what your hearts have earned.” (Sūrat'l-Baqarah 2:225).

This is different from the case of the mocker, who becomes a disbeliever if he says a statement of disbelief, even if he was mocking. This is due to what Allāh says,
وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُمْ لَيَقُولُنَّ إِنَّمَا كُنَّا نَخُوضُ وَنَلْعَبُ ۚ قُلْ أَبِاللَّهِ وَآيَاتِهِ وَرَسُولِهِ كُنتُمْ تَسْتَهْزِئُونَ
لَا تَعْتَذِرُوا قَدْ كَفَرْتُم بَعْدَ إِيمَانِكُمْ

“And if you ask them, they will surely say, “We were only conversing and playing.” Say, “Is it Allāh and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?”
Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief.” ( Sūrat'l-Tawbah 9:65, 66).

This is because the scoffer meant what he said, and meant it's meaning, but said it in the form of mockery and ridicule. For this reason, he became a disbeliever. This is contrary to the case of one who did not intend it, thus making his statement not considered as anything.

This is from the Mercy of Allāh –'azza wa jal ¬– and Allāh is the source of success.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: