// what is the last movie you seen?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.- Jim Rohn
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the last movie you seen?  (Read 3404 times)
Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« on: Mar 04, 2012 11:20 AM »

The lord of the ring
Only saw the last part although I've watched
the whole film a couple of times before.

It has made of fight all over it but the
plot is quite good and it's original (as far
as I know).  Is watching TV is hurmful to the
Muslims?
w

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2012 07:51 AM »

"Rockstar"... loved the music. Its so deep...

Minus the lovie dovie stuff, the movie touches upon interesting aspects of life. Some may call it outright shirk, but kun faya kun song is full of tassawwuf IMO.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2012 02:45 PM »

Last night I just watched Jean Cocteau's "La Belle et La Bete" (Beauty and the Beast).  (Rented from Netfix.)  It had some pretty interesting special effects for 1946!

Is TV harmful for Muslims?  You'd have to ask a knowledgeable sheikh (a lot of whom are on TV!, YouTube, etc...!) 
Frankly I think too much TV for ANYBODY is no good...

I loved Lord of the Rings!  My husband hates me watching it because the creatures are so ugly!  Cheesy  If you feel uncomfortable watching the movie, the books are really good (and actually have more of a anti-war theme to them).
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2012 06:34 PM »

watched Mere Brother Ki Dulhan while I was sick...

-first half was like blah, second half was comedy caper hilarioussssssss
-katrina feels like every cali valley girl
-hard to see the leads as a real couple
Akram
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2012 09:36 AM »

Mere brother ki dulhanme Ali Jaforko kesa lagtahe?

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2012 01:13 PM »

Ali Jafor ... aik dum dhincheck lagayla tha boss Cheesy

No seriously, the dude has got the groove...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2012 06:44 AM »

Ali Zafar u mean?? The older brother?? He was ok...the whole movie was just rather silly. I wouldn't go out and watch it tho but if ur sick at home or something...

Before that the last movie I saw a few months ago was 'In Time' which while not very exciting, was an interesting look at a sci-fi concept where time has become currency and a future dystopia where everyone looks like they're 25 and when they run out of currency their heart just stops. It was an interesting watch!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012 05:07 AM »

Kate & Leopold

now playing on hulu, 19th century guy gets time portaled to 2000. It's actually quite silly and funny, reminds me of 80s movies esp cuz meg ryan is in it!! reminds me a lot of Lost in Austen too!

Akram
Bro

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012 05:55 AM »

Seeing the movie serial The Message

The life of the holy Prophet

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012 10:49 PM »

the last movie I saw was the Avengers!
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012 06:35 AM »

I have such a huuuuge list of movies that I want to watch after my exams...I never watched movies when I was younger so now the list is just piling up!

The last one was "The Pursuit of Happiness" back in December. That was amazing...
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012 09:58 AM »

I haven't seen s whole movie in a while... I just watch the news with my cup of tea in the morning and tv when my older kids are asleep and I'm trying to keep my 6 week old awake so that he'll crash with me at midnight. Last night Mrs. Doubtfire was on. Perfect brainless activity for the occasion.
Akram
Bro

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012 06:21 AM »

.Did you written them on your memory?Share the list of yours

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012 02:22 PM »

Marigold Hotel....... anyone seen it? Kinda for older people, but looks fabulous with that cast!

British retirees travel to India to take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel. Less luxurious than its advertisements, the Marigold Hotel nevertheless slowly begins to charm in unexpected ways.
Akram
Bro

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012 06:04 AM »

thobebro Buddah.

I am a young person thobebro sultan.Why are you calling me to see the old Movies. Cheesy

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012 07:10 AM »

lol that was pretty funny Akram. All this time I wasn't sure if you were a real human!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012 05:36 PM »

Ooh! My khala was talking about the Marigold film! Does sound interesting for sure.

A few weeks ago, Amma and I saw Corialanus - it was in Shakespearan English but set in modern day, in a place called "Rome" with a "senate" but not actually Rome lol.

Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it:

Coriolanus - Official UK Trailer

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Akram
Bro

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012 05:33 AM »

The last one seen by me that was "The jissus movie" based on the life of Mosi.
It looks and shows the views are relating with the views of Muslims in many terms.
Enjoyed little more seeing that movie

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2012 03:45 AM »

Revenge of the Bridesmaids

this was seriously the funniest thing i've seen in like years. i really want to watch this with all the girls. it's like one of those 80s crazy silly capers. hilarious!! nothing bad in it either. i'd totally hang out with raven symone anytime, my kind of girl lol.

ps its on hulu! and watch it after a bad day is even better!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2013 07:58 AM »

English Vinglish-  About a housewife learning English. really cute n reminds everyone of our moms who went thru the same thing. Still ambivalent about the ending and meaning of the movie, if anyone wants to discuss, but mostly a positive watch.
imaazh
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 17
imaazh has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2013 12:39 AM »

English Vinglish-  About a housewife learning English. really cute n reminds everyone of our moms who went thru the same thing. Still ambivalent about the ending and meaning of the movie, if anyone wants to discuss, but mostly a positive watch.

Just watched this one last weekend with some friends and yes, I agree, the ending was a bit  Undecided .   Someone made the comment  - "Now what is the message to all the Aunties/women out there? - 'Go learn English so that you husband will love and respect you?'". 

Other than that though, it was a pleasant movie.  A friend who is totally anti-bollywood stayed and watched the whole thing through, so that must say something good. 

I loved the characters in the class though, they reminded me of my TESOL teaching days with a class full of students from different countries who were bursting to talk to each other but who struggled to find the words. 
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2013 05:14 AM »

Did anyone watch the TV series "Mind your language"? I haven't watched English Vinglish yet but I presume it's something similar. Mind your language is on youtube and I recommend it.
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2013 05:50 AM »

I watched my your lingo(as I call it). Its so funny Ali Nadim was my favourite in the class and of Mr Brown. I normally don't watch a movie or a series more than once but this one I've watched more than I can count. Looking forward to this English Vinglish
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2013 10:25 AM »

I watched an episode of 'Mind Your Language', it was really cute... but soooo old... what is it a 70s sitcom or something right? English Vinglish has a similar premise but focuses only on one person in movie format.

Imaazh I totally wanted to slap her daughter!! What a brat! As for the husband, yeah he was just mean alot putting down his wife, probably his way to feel good about himself Sad
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #24 on: Mar 09, 2013 01:29 PM »

I watched an episode of 'Mind Your Language', it was really cute... but soooo old... what is it a 70s sitcom or something right?
yep
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: