// what is the last movie you seen?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. - Jon Stewart
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the last movie you seen?  (Read 3426 times)
imaazh
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 17
imaazh has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Mar 10, 2013 08:52 AM »

Just watched an episode of Mind Your language.  It was very funny.  Thank you for mentioning it Br. akhan.

Yes, the daughter in English Vinglish was quite a brat, but I think the movie makers wanted to really drum in the snobbery surrounding language through her character.  They may have done it a little more than necessary though. 

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #26 on: Mar 10, 2013 04:43 PM »

Ok so I watched an episode of "Mind your language' and it was quite funny.Good watch for a light comedy.(but it does have those common jokes)
Thank you for mentioning it Br.akhan.

As far as English Vinglish-yeh watched it in bits and pieces sometime ago.Good, as they showed how easily few men take their wives for granted.And how easily the wife can get the attention and appreciation from outside if she does not get it at home.If not for a culturally and morally sound woman, which the protagonist is,it was an easy chance for her to go astray.And yeh,the girl was irritating(but exaggerating) in her behaviour.I wonder why the mother did not give her  two tight slaps in the movie lol.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Mar 10, 2013 05:24 PM »

I wonder why the mother did not give her  two tight slaps in the movie lol.

lol this made me laugh  Cheesy
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2013 05:55 PM »

I wonder why the mother did not give her  two tight slaps in the movie lol.

lol this made me laugh  Cheesy

har shararat ko sudharo...do thappad se lol
Mubaraka
Sis

Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2013 06:20 PM »

lol yes,that is what our teacher at the school used to say.. Tongue-2 tight slaps!! Grin
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2013 07:47 PM »

oh my gosh, I loved Mind Your Language!!!, though I know it's offense with all the steorotypes. A Brit sis some of you may know (I know Sis J does, as it's a fellow blog queen lol), shared on her blog once some years ago and I watched tons of episodes online on YouTube before they were taken down. The teacher though, has a sad ending in real life...

Last movie I saw was Perks of Being a Wallflower.

If you already haven't as far as Bollywood films are concerned - Barfi is excellent.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #31 on: Mar 12, 2013 05:45 PM »

yes watched Barfi long ago,indeed excellent.I really liked it.But too good to be true.Good if watched as a fairy tale.

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #32 on: Nov 08, 2013 02:35 PM »

Salams,

Barfi was so annoying as a movie, couldn't watch it for more than 15-20 minutes. Chennai Express was a funny movie though, liked it.

I watched a Pakistani movie named "Waar" last week, which was very good.

Would prolly watch Gravity this weekend with my spouse.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: