// Muslims denounce Dutch "film" "Fitna" on Islam
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Do not speak much without mentioning Allah because you will harden your hearts. A hard heart is far from Allah, but you do not know. Do not look at the wrong actions of people as if you were lords. Look to your wrong actions as if you were slaves. Some people are afflicted by wrong action and some people are protected from it. Be merciful to the people of affliction and praise Allah for His protection." - Jesus (Peace be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslims denounce Dutch "film" "Fitna" on Islam  (Read 2202 times)
nuh
« on: Mar 28, 2008 09:52 PM »

By TOBY STERLING,
Associated Press Writer

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Hundreds of angry Muslims marched Friday in Pakistan and denounced a Dutch legislator's film that portrays Islam as a ticking time bomb aimed at the West. Dutch Muslims were more restrained, saying they had expected worse.

The 15-minute film — titled "Fitna," or "Strife" in Arabic — was made by anti-immigrant lawmaker Geert Wilders and was posted on a Web site Thursday.

Employing elements and symbols calculated to offend Muslims, it draws on recycled footage of terrorist attacks and anti-Western, anti-Jewish rhetoric meant to alarm the native Dutch.

(more)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080328/ap_on_re_eu/netherlands_quran_film
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2008 10:55 PM »

salam,

I'm really amused to find they're calling it a "film"!!! and a "film on islam"Huh?! I don't think we should publicize the link. It just adds to the publicity and turns it into a big Salman Rushdie thing again. One or two people should get together and write a response to those "verses" taken out of context. In fact, that would be an amazing project. I'd love to do it but blech why is my life so busy all the time and yet I seem to be doing nothing? Maybe in the summer. 

Anyway I read something about it this morning on a blog. mighty funny and fitting if you ask me:

Geert Wilders, the Dutch MP who has made an anti-Islam film, argues that he has the right, under Freedom of Speech, to say what he wants. And what exactly is he saying? He wants the Quran to be banned because it is a "hate speech". So here is a man using Freedom of Speech to argue that another speech - the Quran - should be banned. His much talked about film, Fitna, is equally circular in logic.

As soon as I read that Geert Wilders' controversial Fitna was released on Liveleak, I immediately went over there to have a look. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. After all, this is a movie that has the Dutch government in a fix and Muslims all over the world in a rage (um, so what's new).

I was expecting a motion picture masterpiece. Well, if not that, at least a thought provoking movie that made you pause, and reflect. After all, like it or not, Rushdie's Satanic Verses or Irshad Manji's Trouble With Islam were well written and thought provoking literary pieces. This was nothing.

It was as if a high school neocon googled "10 controversial verses of the Quran" and made a flash presentation of the verses, interspersed with images and news footage of 9/11, van Gogh murder and so on. Honestly, a high school student could have produced a better Islam-critical animation. That the verses and their "controversial" meanings (when taken out of context) has been explained numerous times is immaterial. The "movie" is amateurish.

In fact, the only good thing about Fitna is the recitation of the said verses of the Quran. The qari who recited those verses had a melodious voice.

Geert Wilders must have hoped Muslims would see his movie and renounce the Quran. In fact it made me laugh at his childish movie and then search Youtube for more melodious Quran recitations.

- a bengali in TO
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2008 06:02 PM »

ws,
oooooooooooooooooooooh it's like someone heard me!! yayy  Kiss

On March 28th, 2008 Geert Wilders - a Dutch politician - will release a long-awaited controversial movie that promises to inflame defensive (and he hopes, offensive) reaction from the Muslim world. This film is titled, "Fitna".

The objective of this fifteen minute film will be to persuade the world that the Qur'an is a "fascist book" that promotes and encourages Muslims to kill.

Our beloved sibling in Allah, we ask you to be patient and proactive. Because we are aware of the launch date, this has given us ample time to contact our scholars who will prepare a full response on behalf of all Muslim. This response will be globally launched on March 30, 2008 at Unsilenced

We ask you by Allah, to maintain your patience, and to defend back with the most effective shield of this day and age; knowledge. Although we have every right to be enraged and offended, we will have to be strategic in the way we utilize our emotions. Let us follow the example of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and let us deprive those who attack the religion of Allah from the feeling that they have succeeded at igniting our fury.

May Allah bless you for sending this to every Muslim you know.

With our warm regards and tireless prayers,

Un-Silenced.com Team
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2008 09:43 PM »

so sad people are doing this...neway i posted an article from newsweek, and it mentions the movie
Anyways i dont think it would be right for ne of us muslms to watch this movie as it well only help the movie makers, but only the scholars so they can write a response.. and we can explain to nonmuslims by their response

Asalmualikum
ps by the way the commentary from the bangali guy was good.. you have to admit no matter how foolish irshad manjis reasoning is , she does know how to write
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2008 10:19 PM »

salam

Anyone who calls rushdies satanic verses a 'well written and thought provoking literary piece' clearly has not read the book, rushdies books are unreadable they're that awful, I mean quite frankly anyone who writes passages in a book about doing the queen, is clearly an idiot.

I'm not the only one who thinks this btw, my old manager an american lady, thought his writing vile too, and she weren't muslim nor remotely arab.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2008 11:26 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

I see that LiveLeak took the video down, but somehow another site still has the video.  Disgusting isn't a strong enough word.

This is nothing more than yet further attempts to prompt/promote a religious war to justify the actions that are already unjustly being taken against the worldwide Muslim community.

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
nuh
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2008 12:35 AM »

As salaam alaikum.

The latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/03/28/fitna.reaction/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
nuh
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2008 12:38 AM »

+ a Fatwa

http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/bnm/20080401/tts-fitna-fatwa-bm-993ba14.html

n
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008 04:46 PM »

A Saudi blogger, Raed AlSaeed, has come up with a response to Geert Wilder's hate film, Fitna. Visually, Schism is divided into three parts: numerous American soldiers beating up a couple of Iraqi men (to the growing excitement of a warped American GI who was filming the scene from above), various clips from the movie Jesus Camp, and CNN coverage of Baghdad being bombed by the US Air Force at the start of the Iraq War in 2003. Interspersed are various quotations taken from the Bible (primarily the Old Testament) that, without context, make Judaism and Christianity seem particularly bloodthirsty.

However, Raed's purpose for making Schism is not to attack either Judaism or Christianity, but to show how and why a film like Fitna makes an intellectually dishonest argument. At the end of the movie, Raed wrote:

It is easy to take parts of any Holy book that are out of content [sic; he means "context"] and make it sound like the most inhuman book ever written. This is what Geert Wilders did to gather more supporters to his hateful ideology. To create schism.

(The actual film is very disturbing especially with the soldier laughing and mocking the men? looked like kids to me as they were being beaten and saying "oh please". But the whole point of it is made is vivid and clear. -- J.)

http://www.raeds.com/falsafat/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: