// Rediscovering Islam?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you - Hasan al-Basri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rediscovering Islam?  (Read 1114 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Mar 27, 2012 12:08 AM »

Assalamualaikum,

I'll get straight to the point. I've always been a practicing teen Muslim and have managed to hold onto my faith, recently really managing to finally catch the spiritual side of Islam and achieve a little more taqwa.

Unfortunately recently I'm really feeling dissatisfied with deen. Authubillah but I really feel that Shaitan is getting to me and that I'm in danger of totally losing it.

What should I do? Any tips? Any articles etc I should read, any help?

Please, any advice is appreciated.

Jazakumallahukhairan.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Luqmaan
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Luqmaan has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2012 04:40 AM »

Assalyamu Aleykum Wa RahmatuLlah
All I can do, that would be of any benefit, is to make du'a. In reality what you described is probably condition of many people in this Ummah unfortunately, including me. May Allaah keep us save on a straight path. Because one can be doing deeds of people of Paradise all life and at the end right before death start doing the deeds of people of Hell and die upon it and hence enter the Fire. May Allaah protect us. Usually there are reasons behind this feeling of dissatisfaction, you just need to determine it In sha Allah. I think and Allaah knows best it is the result of influence of non muslim environment, non muslim concepts which can really affect one's imaan. But most of those things which appear to be better or superior nothing else but a test and delusion and Allaah is true Possessor of all things. Even Prophet SallayLlahu Aleyhi Wa Salyam used to supplicate to Allaah to keep his heart firm in this deen. What about us..
May Allaah keep you firm in His Deen
Wa Ssalyam
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2012 06:51 AM »

Wsalam,

The above from br Luqman is very good advice mashaAllah. Ameen on his duas.

To add to that, some soul searching is really needed in this as mentioned. Is it your environment that is the problem? Is it that you have questions about Islam? Is it because you want to do the things non-Muslims do? Thinking about what the issue is can help you diagnose the problem and find some cures.

A long time ago a shaykh here once taught that a daily diet of ilm is essential in keeping one's iman. And I've found that extremely true. Iman, as we know is not a steady state. It goes up and down, and if there's nothing helping it go up, it is going down! It's important to be doing something every day to keep your motivation strong. Such things as reading Quran, listening to Islamic lectures, reading a Hadith book at night, going to a Masjid halaqah regularly, doing dhikr, learning something new.

It keeps you on an incline kind of going up. That has been my experience. I know when I don't have that it really affects my spiritual/motivational state. So think about what you are "eating" every day. Are they things that are benefiting you or are they things that are detrimental?

and Allah knows best.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2012 04:12 PM »

Would love to hear some feedback from the original poster and more ideas from other ppl???
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2012 09:05 AM »

Salam,

I can't tell you how much your words have helped me! Thank you sooo much and sorry for my late reply!

I think the particular reason that my faith was 'down' was because of some websites I had been reading. Quite a while ago I stopped reading a lot of either very conservative or very liberal Muslim blogs because I found that the effects of the many arguments etc really left me in a state of confusion and misery. But recently I did read a couple again in an attempt to find some new blogs to read, and so the cycle restarted!

Unfortunately I am also really busy with studying for upcoming examinations at the moment and am pretty much unable to attend halaqas or listen to long lectures. I do find that SuhaibWebb is pretty much my saving read! My mom has put on Quran in my bedroom at night and that helps as well.

Do you guys have any other Islamic websites which are good to read?

Thanks very much, I will make dua for you all inshallah!

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2012 06:44 AM »

I have one.Search " Islam&Dajjal".
I think only they will walk in the straight path of Islam only they will reform Islam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: