// Reflecting
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Life is short, time is precious, death near, and the distance to travel great, while the moment of standing before God to account for everything, however insignificant, is daunting and hard," - Imam al-Haddad
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reflecting  (Read 1547 times)
Nafs
« on: Mar 08, 2012 02:12 AM »

Asalaam alaikum,

We all have ups and downs ..times of distress, anger... and of course  happiness and joy etc.

Anyway lately I've just always been in a bad mood and getting frustrated and angry. There are a few areas of improvements that I really want to look into and apply to myself but I am not sure how or where to start, I generally get very overwhelmed and never move to the next step of taking action.

The following are areas that I want to work on:

-Learning from my past mistakes (I know this is very broad)
-Being more patient/ not being so impatient
-and lastly but MOST importantly, having hope in Allah tala and turning to Allah first. (Instead of turning to people or placing my hope in people)

What have you guys done to help with these situations? or what are you guys doing now to work on them/ improve in these areas?

Any ideas would be great InshaAllah Smiley

(Oh and if I posted in the wrong thread, can you please move it Sr. Jannah...thanks  Embarrassed)

Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2012 05:41 AM »

No one :/ ?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2012 07:23 AM »

These are really good goals, but how do you implement them!! Very hard...
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2012 08:09 PM »

What I firmly believe is that  it is never too  late to change for the better.

Every day that follows each is a chance given to us by Allah to improve and get closer to Him.
Our life can be easily taken away any moment.An accident,an earthquake,a hurricane,a tsunami or a life threatening disease can easily bring us to death.
The Almighty has a  hold over everything.Alhamdulillah,we have been given opportunities in the form of a new day......
Every day.Every hour.Every moment.

And the best part is when we are aware of our mistakes,realise them and accept them.It is a sign that Allah loves us and wants us to improve.

So when we know we are doing something wrong......Just stop doing it.
For the sake of Allah.....It may be difficult,for example,to control your anger.Yet, just remember that Allah loves people who control their anger.And you abandon your urge to fight and retaliate during an annoying situation.That is just for Allah.You have not cared for duniya then.

And sometimes when we acknowledge our mistake we may be punished.Either directly or indirectly.At such times we must not feel wrong to admit our fault.We must do our bit to turn over a new leaf and leave the rest to Allah.

In the begining,we may fail in  the pursuit of improving ourself.But we must keep trying.Just for the sake of pleasing Allah. Smiley...
This is how I try.
May Allah always guide us to the right path and may Allah be pleased with all of us.Ameen

Hope I was not too philosophical. Smiley
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2012 07:30 PM »

^ JazakAllah khairan,

A very positive reply mashaAllah! and I agree, I believe it is never too late to change, but it is hard word! Like one of the work out videos I follow here and there, the lady says, if you want change, you have to work for it, it won't just happen! (which I think most of the time is probably how my thought process automatically works Tongue)

I guess the more you repeat something, the easier it is to remember ..for example remembering Allah..and that we do things to please Allah... NOT others. I think this all also goes back to if you have the intentions to improve yourself for Allah and of course your own self and NOT others ..it might help keep the improvement in tack? instead of like improving for a month to please a certain someone and after that you kinda lose it ...yes I am kind of rambling here :/

Just  keep going..

anyway sr. very wise words that I sincerely appreciate and hope that by rereading them I can start to work on InshaAllah.
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2012 09:51 PM »

What I do, or try to do lol, is write down a list of 2-3 goals i have. I then type it up really pretty and stick it in places i look at regularly, like my dressing mirror, my phone, my diary, in my closet, as the desktop wallpaper ( yes i spent a lot of time in my room !!)...

then when stressful times come up, i just take a min, detach myself, take a few deep breaths, read these little notes ive written for myself, and do a little dua to Allah to help me achieve my goal. Sometimes im successful, sometimes im not... but the attempt is what counts, and I am getting better and better at it.

dont know if it would work for anyone else, but it does help me.

keep faith in Allah no matter what, always remember good intentions are rewarded as much as the act itself... so take heart in that sis Smiley

inshallah I will pray that we are able to achieve whatever goals we set ourselves. Aameen
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2012 10:41 AM »

salam

I went to a Jummah khutbah aaaaaaages ago it was about istighfar, I was going to write a post on it actually then my life went crazy and I forgot.

Anyways, the Khutbah was about istighfar and doing it regularly and doing it when you have a dua you really want to be answered etc.

I have a very close friend and she and I set goals to compete with one another to improve our iman, lately we've agreed to do copious istighfar and whichever of the two of us reaches our goal first will have done the most istighfar.

I think I've mentioned before that I keep a tasbeeh in my pocket (I have pockets sewn into my abayas), and when I'm out and about taking my girls to school or on my way to work I use my tasbeeh to keep track of the istighfar I do, I think it's time well spent to be honest as otherwise I wouldnt be doing anything else anyway.

Maybe try that?

It's simple and easy and one can do it no matter where or how one is.

Hope you feel better in yourself soon inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
LukeS
Madina Seeker

Reputation Power: 0
LukeS has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2012 06:22 PM »

I would say there are 3 ways of reflecting: religious, scientifc and artistic. In each the soul reflects reality with varying degrees of homomorphism. Striking the right balance is the key. Some would say 1,0,0.
LukeS
Madina Seeker

Reputation Power: 0
LukeS has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2012 06:42 PM »

And the mathematical. I think that the religious might encompass the scientific in a deep sense, but in this world we need to know science for medical purposes. But that is not to say in another world - or perhaps a branch of this one - God may heal more directly.

Also I do not want to seem an extremeist, but in Koran it says poetry was not meet (fitting ) for ther Propher (saw), so maybe that is an indication that representation might be a bad thing at least compared with pure religion.

As the next life will mirrotr this in some way I would argue keep the heart on God and do good deeds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: