// Who is Allah?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Knowledge is taken from breath, not lives in a book - Sahykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Allah?  (Read 3177 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Mar 27, 2009 07:33 PM »

If a person asked you, "Who is Allah?"

What would you say?

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009 08:14 PM »

Allah is my God and your God. the creator all the seen and unseen. There is none but him, the Eternal One. To me he is everything, I may not have much but with him I have everything I need in this life and the next.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Abu-Fauzi
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abu-Fauzi has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009 10:32 PM »

Dear Ubab,
     If i were asked who is Allah? I would take a cue from Sheik Ibn Arabi and say that Allah is the Lord and creator of all and the only ONE worthy of being worshiped. And in surat Shura,verse 11, Allah says of Himself...NOTHING IS LIKE HIM, Laisa ka mislihu shay'un. Allah Most High is free from all resemblance to anything, visible or invisible in the creation. He is free from all defect. Any thought, any word, any quality or attribute not corresponding to this principle of Laisa Ka Mislihu Shay'un is a falsehood, unworthy of the Divine. This is what all Messengers Of Allah brought from Him, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.
                                                      Abu Fauzi
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2009 12:05 AM »

I'd say "Allah is the Arabic word for God".

seekingtawbah
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2010 04:15 AM »

the arabic word for god is ilah. but we say Allah because it means The God. because gods can be femine or masculine and plural form. Also when Isa alayi salam spoke he didnt say god, The Aramaic word for God was Ilah same as Arabic, so if  a Christian asks why do u say Allah,  ask them why dont they call him by what Jesus alayi salaam called him, and thats Allah
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2010 12:35 PM »

A very well made video addressing this topic-

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2010 07:51 PM »

Interesting about the La sound being soothing, thinking of Lala the teletubby, she's definitely the one most kids like the best  Cheesy
Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2012 06:55 AM »

Allah has made us with the power to understand the Intellect ,reason,rationality.So he
wants to who is using this power in the right way and who not.He has given us the power to understand
inference that where is some smoke there is must some fire.Though we can't see the fire from distance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: