// 12 outdated tech terms
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 outdated tech terms  (Read 1678 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Aug 27, 2009 12:59 PM »

Don't get caught using these phrases unless you want to sound hopelessly out of touch. Avoid 'Web surfing'

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1120875

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2009 03:31 AM »

Salaams,

Dont let this article stop you to use some of those kewl words...

12. World Wide Web

All the browsers still use it, so how come thats old skool ?!

11. Long-Distance Call

Well they still suck at times, have latency issues and are a bit noisy. So thats how we can odd them out.

10. Rboc

There was something called Rboc?!... See... you never know!

9. Thin Client

Come on!! There can be thin clients even in web2.0

8. Weblog

The aristocrat bloggers would still prefer using it at times, to show our supremacy and to tell the younguns that we used to blog when you used to wet your diapers..

7. Internet Telephony

People still use that word !!! Doh...

1. Intranet

Interesting how the writer had to define it first and is still advocating that people stop using the term ; )

AFAIK, Intranets and VPNs are different concepts and should be treated as such.

Salaams,
-Hard2Hit Geek.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2012 07:34 AM »

Salam,

I just have to add that my niece picked up my old phone (a hot pink Motorola Razr flip) today and kept trying to press the screen saying "it's not working!" lol

She then told me to download Angrybirds on my iphone Shocked

And a year ago I put a tape in the VCR (yes we still have one!) and then I said I have to "rewind" it. She was like "What does rewind mean??!"
mespeakin
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
mespeakin has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2012 11:27 PM »

some of the new terms that our kids know more than us specially with the advance of the new mobile technology whether it's tablets or smart phones
are:
Tap, Pinch/Zoom, Rotate, Swipe (five,four,three,two,one) fingers,  Pan, Long Press

ثم يوضع له القبول في الأرض
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: