Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help teach an 8 y/o  (Read 513 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Mar 20, 2012 12:40 AM »

Assalaam Allaiukm

My granddaughter is 8 1/2 and home taught and is now learning about Islam, The Prophet, Meca, Medina all part of her history studies. I was wondering if some of you might help with telling her something about Medina, Meca, The prophet, Islam, Islamic history. Please keep in mind she is only 8, so put in a way a child can understand and keep in mind she is
not in a Muslim family (Mentioning this so you can put it in terms a non Muslim understands)
If anyone has any pictures of Medina or Meca they would be willing to post that would be great. Thank you. BG purplehijabisis
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2012 02:32 AM »

wsalaam,

There are a lot of cute video cartoon type things on youtube for kids. You might show her one of those. I like this one about the 5 pillars:

The 5 Pillars of islam 1st episode animated IN ENGLISH.

5 Pillars of Islam (2 of 2)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2012 08:40 PM »

Thank you, my granddaughter watched this, thank you for posting it.
Anyone else?  Any picture of Medina or Meca? We can always Google but figured it would have a more personal touch if someone who had been there posted a picture and said a little about their experience there.

In her history lesson last month she studied the Roman Empire and now this month they are calling it the Islamic Empire/History. She is home taught but goes by a public school curriculum and supervision.
The materials covered Islam, Meca, The Prophet, directions Muslims pray toward, I was kind of impressed how must information was given. Inshallh she will learn much. Thank you
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2012 04:13 AM »

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=5071.0

Hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: