// Mac, Pc or Linux?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Like us many have spoken over this spring, but they were gone in the twinkling of an eye. We conquered the world with bravery and might, but we did not take it with us to the grave. - Zahiruddin Muhammad (Babur)
Poll
Question: Mac, Pc or Linux?
Mac - 1 (100%)
Pc - 0 (0%)
Linux - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac, Pc or Linux?  (Read 574 times)
mespeakin
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
mespeakin has no influence :(

« on: Mar 20, 2012 06:22 PM »

Hello brothers  and sisters
so....

a Mc a Pc or Linux do you use daily?

ثم يوضع له القبول في الأرض
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2012 12:42 AM »

dude,

i soooooo hate windows.  the viruses drive me crazy and the incessant notifications and "5 software patches downloaded" craziness every other day made me give up on windows.

so...i would like to use linux/x-windows/etc..  but, having been forced to use them for school for so long when they weren't mature...i hate them too. 

so the compromise is i guess evil apple.  apple is a "steal your money" company, but its stuff works; few viruses and you get the functionality of windows.  i also really like the mail handler (i so HATE windows live!!) and installing software and routine stuff like just ejecting a flashdrive is soooo much simpler.

assalamualaikum
mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2012 06:03 PM »

Via: slashdot

"Recently I found myself struggling with a question I should easily have been able to answer: Why would anyone want to use Linux as their everyday desktop (or laptop) operating system? It's a fair question, and asked often of Linux, but I'm finding it to be a question I can no longer answer with the conviction necessary to 'sell' the platform. In fact, I kind of feel like a car salesman who realizes he no longer believes in the product he's been pitching. It's not that I don't find Linux worthy; I simply don't understand how it's ever going to succeed on the desktop with voluntary marketing efforts. What do Linux users need to do to replicate the marketing efforts of Apple and Microsoft and other corporate operating system vendors? To me, it seems you don't sell Linux at all because there isn't supposed to be one dominant distribution that stands out from the rest. Without a specific product to put on the shelf to sell, what in the world do you focus your efforts on selling? An idea?"

mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2012 06:05 PM »

also slashdot :icedamericano:

Microsoft has reportedly moved to prohibit employees in its Sales, Marketing, Services, IT, and Operations Group (SMSG) from using company funds to purchase any products produced by Apple. The company had already barred staffers from using expense allocations for competing smartphone platforms, however the new guidelines explicitly note that Macs and iPads have been added to the list. 'Within SMSG we are putting in place a new policy that says that Apple products (Mac & iPad) should not be purchased with company funds,' an alleged letter distributed to staff reads."

mespeakin
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2012 06:07 PM »

no comment on both article

lol@ M$ (don't use mac)

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2012 11:27 AM »

Salaams,

I use Android (its foundation is X-nix) the most. And Android now works on laptops too.

I flashed Android on a usb and made an installer out of it, and then used it to boot my (mini) asus netbook.

Pics...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: