// The Hunger Games
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: A man who makes $10,000 a year and saves $1000 is richer than a man who makes $1,000,000 a year and spends $1,000,000
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hunger Games  (Read 1306 times)
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« on: Mar 22, 2012 12:48 PM »

Anyone watched/read The Hunger Games? My sister and I went to watch it today on premiere night. I really really really enjoyed it!!

What is everyone else's thoughts?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2012 04:49 PM »

Salam,

I've seen the book/movie stuff everywhere, but thought it was something for tweens a la Twilight?? What's it about??
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2012 05:06 PM »

I've read the books and really enjoyed them.  Yeah, they are listed as "youth literature", but still enjoyable.

It's about a dystopian future where everyone is barely getting enough to eat.  The country is divided into different sections and every year (every couple of years, can't remember) each section picks a young boy and girl to fight to the death in the "Hunger Games".  Whichever kid wins, his/her section gets extra food.

Sounds pretty grim, but it's a really good read.

I'll probably go see the movie after the crowds thin out.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2012 04:57 PM »

Everyone seems to be raving about the books and the movie, even those who haven't read the book. But I find it odd the movie got a rating of pg13. I'm sure so they could attract the tween crowd but can anyone who has seen the movie tell us about the level of violence??
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2012 11:04 PM »

Yea Im not too sure about the rating of PG13, its probably so the younger kids can go watch it as well. Its not a violent film in terms of graphics, the ideals behind the fighting is pretty dark. Watching kids harden up and plot what best ways to kill each other/survive is pretty disturbing. It kinda shows that when everything is brought down to the basest levels, survival of the fittest means people are capable of things they would normally never consider.

Its also really really strange that the whole "country" watches these games with enjoyment -- at least the upper class does. For the participants, its more of a struggle to stay alive and provide food for their section.

Im starting to read all 3 books in the trilogy now, along with my brother.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2012 11:02 AM »

salam

OMG I've just been told this movie is three and half hours long. <faints>

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2012 09:40 PM »

hahaha no, its barely 2 1/2 hours!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: