Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 33 is the happiest age, study says  (Read 899 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 03, 2012 05:41 AM »

True or False? Wink

============================

Here's a wildly simple, profoundly interesting question: At what age are you happiest? According to a recent survey, the answer is 33.

Friends Reunited, a U.K. website, found that 70 percent of respondents over the age of 40 said they did not find true happiness until they were 33 years old.

"[That age] is enough time to have shaken off childhood naivety and the wild scheming of teen-aged years without losing the energy and enthusiasm of youth," Donna Dawson, a psychologist, told Fox's Washington, D.C., affiliate. "Innocence has been lost, but our sense of reality is mixed with a strong sense of hope, a 'can do' spirit, and a healthy belief in our own talents and abilities."
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2012 09:06 AM »

A.A.

Sis J, you just gave your age away ; )

According to this survey, I'm gonna be happiest in 3 months time iA! If anything, I would try to convince myself that this is the happiest time in my life, 'cause a survey says so =)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2012 02:31 PM »

salam

Great first I miss the year I'm at my most beautiful & now I find I've missed the happiest year of my life too.

I'm left singly unimpressed.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2012 03:31 PM »

Very funny hard2hit! Alhamdulillah doubt if anyone knows my true age!!  Even my parents get confused sometimes lol Cheesy

I posted bc of the Hadith that says we'll be 33 in jannah ia! That on top of our old discussion on when a woman is most attractive (31) in that other study. I might merge the topics just traveling right now.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2012 12:04 AM »

Even my parents get confused sometimes lol Cheesy

Happens in case of adopted kids, a survey says... :p

I've this cousin who is seriously disappointed with his parents, cause they told him 3 different dates of his birth at different times. His birth certificate was misplaced when he was just a toddler I think.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2012 06:23 PM »

Hmmm, Are you implying I'm adopted?? Cuz fortunately or unfortunately thats doubtful as I look like all my family members and was born at 'home' in those days!!!

Here's the hadith:

Ahmad and at-Tirmidhi report from Mu'aadh ibn Jabal that the Messenger of Allaah (saw) said, "The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless, looking as if their eyes are ringed with kohl, aged thirty three." [Saheeh al-Jaami' 6/337, no. 7928]
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2012 08:51 AM »

Here's the hadith:

Ahmad and at-Tirmidhi report from Mu'aadh ibn Jabal that the Messenger of Allaah (saw) said, "The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless, looking as if their eyes are ringed with kohl, aged thirty three." [Saheeh al-Jaami' 6/337, no. 7928]

Hairless??? Why hairless?

If 33 is the happiest then i still have a few years to go... but I really really hope that by 33

- I will be married with 2 or 3 kids (1 boy 2 girls)
- I will have specialized into a pediatric dentist
- I will finallyyyyy learn how to park properly
- I will have memorized a lot more quran
- I will spend a lot more time thanking Allah for what I have instead of making a wish list of what I want !!

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2012 08:53 AM »

Salam alaikum

I dont think they should put an age on happiness.  I would much prefer a survey which concluded that after 30 people just get happier and happier with each passing year  Wink hehe

The hadith Jannah quoted: hairless?  I watched Avatar and thought that in Jannah we will look different, much better, but still have something of our old earthly selves, just like the humans had when they were in their new avatar bodies in the movie...

may Allah swt make us increasingly happy, may He swt be happy with us, and unite us with those we and He swt loves in Jannah.  31, 33, dont matter, what matters is al-firdaws.

Salam
S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: