Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Would you marry....? Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 2014 09:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a day of judgement.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Would you marry....?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you marry....?  (Read 4569 times)
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #50 on: Apr 17, 2012 02:08 PM »

In terms of a pre-nup: No, I would not sign one, and I would be shocked that anyone would ask me to sign one. It shows lack of trust, and it shows the persons true thoughts of my personality.
Why not? Suppose he just wants the shariah to be followed in case of a divorce, instead of state law, you still won't do it? Doesn't that reflect his inclination towards the deen?
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #51 on: Apr 18, 2012 10:41 AM »

I was referring to a pre-nup where the husband wanted to keep his money after the event of a divorce.

If he wanted a clause to say 'follow shariah law in the case of a divorce' then of course thats acceptable --

sorry for the confusion, in my mind a "pre-nup" as such is put to protect one of their monetary assets

*btw i watched that movie on youtube, was pretty funny*
akhan
Bro

« Reply #52 on: Apr 18, 2012 10:59 AM »

*btw i watched that movie on youtube, was pretty funny*
what do you think of that "best scene"? Grin

btw, according to the shariah, the husband doesn't have any monetary obligations towards the wife in case of a divorce, he only has to pay for the iddah period, and the kids of course. Is that okay with you?
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #53 on: Apr 18, 2012 12:08 PM »

the best scene was funny.... but a guys funny lol

and yes, I know the ex husband doesnt have any monetary obligations to the wife -- in my mind, i actually prefer that.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #54 on: Apr 18, 2012 12:23 PM »

the best scene was funny.... but a guys funny lol
but it's true right? Grin
islamicsocks

Reps: 108

[Banned]

« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2013 06:06 PM »

Answering the original question.

How many of you girls would respect a Husband who earns less or is less educated than you?

Someone did use the words marry beneath them, to describe girls that marry men with less education then themselves.
If any lady views her husband as beneath her, I can't see any chance of such a marriage can ever last.

If a man said, "I married beneath me" if he had a higher degree than his wife what would you all say?

So I would say if I was convinced that the girl didn't see me as beneath her, than yes. Otherwise I would assume my life would be a living hell as soon as we get back from the honeymoon.

You know what men find really attractive about women(in relation to marriage)? Being seen as a good catch by them. I mean if some guy had a rubbish job and a rubbish education. And some girl thought his job was great, what he earned was great and his education was great and he was a great guy in every way possible. That guy would see her as a great catch.
So guys are scared that women with higher educations might not see them like that. That they will get no respect after marriage.
That is why there are so many single educated women. Not just Muslims. I think this is even worse among Black educated women in America.

You know if a really educated guy who earns loads married someone with no education at all. But she was really pretty, or a really great cook. Or really nice to him. He would see himself as really lucky. Some might even say he married someone way above his league.
No one would say he married beneath him.

I think that is the key issue.
Question to the ladies again:
Would you marry a guy much younger and better looking than you.
I mean noticeably much better looking. Someone who would make you look ugly. So much so people you know might comment on it and ask you how you feel being married to someone much better looking?

Your feelings towards that will explain how males may feel towards ladies that earn more or are better educated.
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2013 07:27 PM »

I've never come across a man who is so beautiful his wife looks ugly.

It's like comparing oranges and bananas.  They're two different fruit, you can't compare.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2013 07:35 PM »

Austmuslimah, I just saw your questions.

In the UK there is nothing to enforce shariah law. At point of divorce, if the nikah has not been registered by law, then the conditions of divorce are dependant on how god conscious the husband (usually being the person who has financial control within the rleationship) is.

For example, I've yet to meet a single divorced man who has paid maintenance for his wife during the iddat period, which is an islamic condition. I have heard of two people who have tried to ensure their childrens lives are not financially compromised due to divorce. But that is two men mashallah may Allah reward them for upholding their childrens rights, amongst many many many who do not pay a penny for their children.

A pre-nup the way I am suggesting it, would be codifying and legalizing the nikah contract, so it's terms are bound by the law of the land.

I'd sign a pre-nup written by a brother, sure. But what would he put in it, I have no rights over his income? I will not get anything on point of divorce? That right there would be a direct contravention to Islamic law.
I wouldn't sign that.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

Reps: 108

[Banned]

« Reply #58 on: Jan 27, 2013 09:13 PM »

Ugly girls get married too.

But just as some uneducated men with very little money might not want to marry a woman with loads of education and money.
Some ugly women might not like the idea of marrying a much better looking man.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2013 09:44 PM »

oh hello moderatesufi Roll Eyes

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 388

Dont be sad...

« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2013 10:00 PM »

Thats exactly what came to my mind when I was replying this brother's post on another thread. Moderatesufi in camouflage?  Undecided

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reps: 253

« Reply #61 on: Jan 28, 2013 04:09 PM »

Bro this is bad. You come back home with a changed name and everyone knows its you. Better luck next time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Would you marry....?

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines