Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 16, 2014 05:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you marry...? part 2  (Read 3208 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 17, 2012 01:05 AM »

Salam,

Allrightey here's a question for the sisters. I read somewhere that most people meet the people they're going to marry by the time they're 25, whether they know it or not.

Thoughts?

True or False??
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2012 01:11 AM »

I am over analyzing.. most likely.

I really just can't wrap my head around this one.

*erase* *write *erase *write *erase

ahhhh Smiley
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2012 02:00 AM »

*erase* *write *erase *write *erase

haha! I do that with most of my posts here and end up posting nothing. Smiley

In reply to the original statement, I guess I disagree with that. I know many couples who came to know each other much later than the age of 25(where mostly one of them was older than 25).
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2012 02:02 AM »

Oh !!! Ive just turned 25 2 months ago!!

I dunno how true this statement is though, lots of people marry later in life without ever having met their partner before.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2012 02:20 AM »

Meaning... ppl tend to meet a lot of people during high school/college etc family friends. Then they tend to stay in the same social circles. So you'd at least be acquainted with/know of someone who later on you'd be interested in/set up for marriage.

I'm thinking this is like 90% of ppl who marry.... after 25 like who are you going to meet new? unless you go on a matrimonial or something??
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2012 03:40 AM »

Is this question specific to the west? coz in India, you don't meet who you're going to marry, ever! You won't even know who he/she is and that you're getting married until your parents tell you and maybe slam a photoshopped picture in your face Tongue
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2012 04:40 AM »

maybe slam a photoshopped picture in your face

LOL Cheesy
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2012 06:55 AM »

Of course this analysis cant be general. More than 50% of our sisters in Nigeria marry before the age of 20 and among the rest only a handful cross 25 without getting married.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2012 02:09 PM »

LOL Cheesy
baat sahi hai nai hai?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2012 03:38 PM »

Of course this analysis cant be general. More than 50% of our sisters in Nigeria marry before the age of 20 and among the rest only a handful cross 25 without getting married.

Thats a good point... a loooot of ppl get married/engaged by 25 back home. Maybe not so much over here....
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2012 10:11 PM »

True, in my case... I got married at 26, and it was arranged.

We met once when I was 4 and once when I was 18....
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2012 02:20 PM »

LOL
baat sahi hai nai hai?
LOL.There is certainly an  adventure and fun of it's kind associated with the match finding process!!I recently had an opportunity to see a couple of  photoshopped pics of men.LOL!!

May all find their desired partners.Ameen
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2012 03:03 PM »

LOL.There is certainly an  adventure and fun of it's kind associated with the match finding process!!I recently had an opportunity to see a couple of  photoshopped pics of men.LOL!!
There's no adventure, there's only ridiculousness, at least in our part of the world.

btw, photoshop should be banned Tongue A few weeks ago, I went to get my pp picture taken for some forms and the studio guy photoshopped even those. He made me look like a caucasian lol
sadah
Brother
Bro

sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2012 10:06 PM »

btw, photoshop should be banned Tongue A few weeks ago, I went to get my pp picture taken for some forms and the studio guy photoshopped even those. He made me look like a caucasian lol

hehe... The pictures must have depicted a helpless single Akhan in search of a spouse... Lol

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
akhan
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2012 03:20 AM »

hehe... The pictures must have depicted a helpless single Akhan in search of a spouse... Lol
I even told him not to but he brushed it off saying I'll look good - Imagine my relief! Tongue
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2012 06:00 AM »

Thank God we have nothing like photoshop here. But I agree with you, those people should be banned.

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Sep 14, 2012 12:52 AM »

False...26...lol

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #17 on: Sep 14, 2012 02:31 PM »

I think on average according to my own observations, most married couples met at university so between the ages of 19-22 after that it gets more difficult I reckon, as social lives are then limited to friends you've made (typically at university), at work most people are married or in relationships.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: