Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Snacks Dilemma !!  (Read 1386 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Apr 22, 2012 01:11 AM »

A.A. Madinites,

What snacks/ packed and ready to eat items are safe to eat for a Muslim in US.

* What Chips, Pringles ?
* What Biscuits ?
* What Chocolates ?

I'm hungry, so reply fast plz!!

Wasalam,
-me

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2012 01:19 AM »

ws,

Read all ingredients.

Don't buy stuff with: gelatin, lecithin, chicken stock, beef stock, pork, bacon, animal shortening, ham, rennit, alcohol, beer, beer batter, cochineal, lard, rum, wine, vanilla extract.

Something helpful.. look for a K (kosher) symbol on the snack or a U (universal anyone can eat it) symbol.

P.S. - Welcome to the U S of A!!
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2012 04:28 PM »

A.A.

Thanks sis J ! I've noted down all of these. And now i'd freak people out by pulling out this list where ever i go to eat.

Like the way 2 sandwich artist ladies got almost freaked out at subway when I started asking them of the content of each thingy. And then  told them that im finding my way around things, so if I do something thats not a norm, then kindly excuse me. I topped it off with a good tip Smiley

More later... i'm having a blast. Friends here have been sooo very accommodating mA

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2012 04:59 PM »

Ws,

U know what, just tell ppl ur vegan and they'll make sure u don't get anything weird!
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2012 07:31 PM »

^ Lol that's what I do ...It's so much easier for me haha.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2012 09:57 PM »

A.A.

I'm going to follow all your advice to the dot !

Had my first lunch outside with office colleagues (2 chinese and 2 desis), at a chinese islamic restaurant. They had 'la elaha ilaAllah...' written in arabic all over their walls. And most of their customers were chinese or white, which was somewhat surprising for me.

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2012 05:07 PM »

How about Nestle coffee creamer with 'french vannila' ?

And the attached menu, whats halal in that menu?

Nafs
« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2012 06:47 PM »

I'd kill for a waffle right now Sad and OJ!!
Luqmaan
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Luqmaan has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2012 01:50 PM »

Assalyamu Aleykum. I've a question. So what should i do with "snacks" i've already bought and only afterwards found out that some of the ingredients are inappropriate. I just hate to waste food, but cannot consume it either.  Huh?
May Allah keep us safe.
JazzakumuLlahu Khairan
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2012 04:32 PM »

Walaikum salam,

I think if it's non-zabihah chicken/beef you can give it to someone who isn't zabihah ie they eat chicken/beef from the store (which is fine because it is an opinion of some scholars). OR I would try really hard to return the products, sometimes grocery stores will let you exchange if you tell them 'I can't eat this ingredient and didn't notice'. If you do have some non-Muslim friends why not give it to them? Perhaps better than just throwing it away? Although there might be an opinion that it's better to throw it away. Will try to look into it iA.
Nafs
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2012 06:47 PM »

This thread makes me hungry :/

and yeah I usually just give it out lol.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:53 PM »

A.A.

This thread makes me hungry :/

I had Belgian Waffle this morning, for breakfast =)

Nafs
« Reply #12 on: Apr 26, 2012 11:41 PM »

^ that's exactly what I would have killed for :O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: