// Do we eat too much meat?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity - Ibn al-Qayyim
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we eat too much meat?  (Read 595 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 22, 2012 07:43 AM »

salam,

I was going to title this thread "Would you marry..... a vegetarian?" but I think we have enough of those threads... lol

Imam Zaid sent this out a few days ago:

Agreed, we Muslims must begin limiting our consumption of meat and fish. Our Prophet, peace upon him, discouraged excessive consumtion of meat. Unfortunately, many Muslims eat several varieties of meat during a single meal. My wife and myself are committed to eating both meat and fish only once a month. The meat industrial complex is contributing to the destruction of our environment, and our fish stocks are on the verge of depletion. We invite you to join us in this stand for the environment.

Yep ONCE a month!!

Really could not do that in my household where if there's no meat everyone considers it 'not a real meal'!! But definitely think we should change our mindset but... is scary non??
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2012 09:46 AM »

We can do vegetarian once or twice a week.  But I think that is about as far as my family can go...
Nafs
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2012 06:30 PM »

Walaikum ASalaam!

I definitely know what you guys mean about our families thinking it's not a real meal without meat! Not only is our enviornment affected but so are our bodies! Apparently the horomones in chicken are no good :/ and we mostly eat chicken!

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2012 08:14 PM »

I was going to title this thread "Would you marry..... a vegetarian?" but I think we have enough of those threads... lol
LOL  Cheesy

Yeh.I think we have  got accustomed to eating meat almost every day.A day or two without meat is ok,but then we immediately  hit back to eating non-vegetarian  food  as if we haven't had proper food at all.

My family has taken to eating less meat recently,in a step to switch to a healthy diet.So there are days when the  wholesome meals of just meat are  avoided. Yet we use some amount of non-vegetarian food to atleast cook the vegetables in the ' non-veg stock'.So the taste of non-veg is  retained in the vegetarian dishes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: