Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How difficult is it to meet join up with a hajj group in Madina?  (Read 816 times)
S-money
Bro

Reps: 1

« on: Apr 23, 2012 06:37 PM »

Salams again,

I've been making some progress on planning for hajj insha Allah.  For reasons discussed earlier, we will need to join our hajj group (from the US) en route since we're stopping in UAE.  One of the tour groups is going to Madina first, then to Makkah for hajj, then leaving out of Jeddah.  They told me it wouldn't be difficult for me to meet the group in Madinah. 

My question is, in others' experience, is this going to be feasible without a large amount of hassle?  I wouldn't want to meet up with a group in Jeddah due to the sheer chaos, but would meeting in Madina be indeed pretty straightforward?

jazakumallahu khair for any advice,
S$

Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2012 07:30 PM »

Walaikum Aslaaam Brother,

Sounds great InshaAllah.

Going through Medinah is going to be much easier because the airport in general is an easier process. In Jeddah going through the Hajj terminal is chaotic and also whoever is there to assist you in Jeddah won't have access to the Hajj terminal. I haven't been there myself but from the people I've spoken to (a lot) it is easier to go through Medinah.

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2012 06:19 AM »

ws,

We took a flight from Makkah to Madinah in the middle of our Hajj and Madinah of course is so calm and peaceful compared to Jeddah or Makkah! I do think I seem to remember that a few ppl first joined our group there so I don't think it should be too much of a problem. Will you have to switch planes in Jeddah tho? There's a special Hajj terminal I think versus a domestic terminal so that might be a bit of a hassle if u have to go from one to the other?

BTW I clearly remember them losing a suitcase or two of ours for a few days from Jeddah to Makkah so make sure to pack all essentials in handbag luggage that never leaves ur side!

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2012 05:52 AM »

Salam,

I talked to br Riaz tonight (a hajj/umrah frequenter) and he also agreed that going to Madina would be fine and a good choice iA!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: