Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: 'Work for your terrestrial life in proportion to your location in it, and work for your afterlife in proportion to your eternity in it. - abu Hamid al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we pray on the moon?  (Read 934 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 24, 2012 04:30 PM »

I know you always wanted to know ppl lol  Cheesy

============

Determining the qiblah on the Moon

Question
If a person goes to the Moon, in which direction must he or she pray, since the Ka`bah is on Earth. I know that I m not there and do not need the answer fro practical purposes, but I would still be interested in the answer for my general knowledge.

Answered by

the Scientific Research Committee - IslamToday.net

This is a simple matter. The same rulings in Islamic Law regarding the determination of the qiblah on the Earth are employed for the Moon.

The general rule of Islamic Law is that a person must pray in the general direction of the Ka`bah, not the specific point of the Ka`bah. Since the Moon is so far away from the Earth, the Earth itself would be the general direction of the Ka`bah. Since the Moon is tidally locked to the Earth (it always shows the same face to the Earth), the direction of the Earth never changes relative to any place on the Moon.

Since the Moon, like the Earth, is basically spherical, the qiblah would be determined by reference to the point on the surface on the Moon nearest to the direction of the Earth. The qiblah direction for any location on the Moon would be determined by the shortest straight-line trajectory over the surface of the moon to that point. This is the same way it is determined on Earth. On Earth, the shortest straight-line trajectory to Mecca over the Earth’s surface from any other location in the world is the Qiblah direction for that location.

And Allah knows best.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2012 12:31 PM »

I know that I m not there and do not need the answer for practical purposes, but I would still be interested in the answer for my general knowledge.

I suppose nobody here will be interestdd too. But as you said...

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2012 04:33 PM »

I suppose nobody here will be interestdd too. But as you said...

Bro u never wanted to be an astronaut when you were a kid?? When I was 12 I read a story about a Muslim girl who lived on a colony on the moon and ever since then want to live there Wink Good to know how to pray then eh Cheesy
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2012 07:25 PM »

Bro u never wanted to be an astronaut when you were a kid??

Smiley  I too wanted to become an astronaut,always was and am fascinated by those twinkling stars,the moon and the thought of  planets and galaxies....aaahh!...Allah's creations!! So many we don't even know of!!! Smiley
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2012 10:20 PM »

When I was 12 I read a story about a Muslim girl who lived on a colony on the moon

Can  you remember what book that was?  Love to read it!  Grin

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2012 09:15 AM »

It was only my thought but now I know many cherish to be... :-) But for me it's neither my line nor in my dreams... Lol

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: