// So much hate out there :-(
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: One who thinks and reflects develops his foresight and Vision.-’Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So much hate out there :-(  (Read 1320 times)
Anonymous
« on: May 19, 2012 05:29 AM »

Assalam o Alaikum,

I'm so disappointed and saddened by hatred of Islam and Muslims in media & on the net generally.
I see it around me, see it in the way Muslims are treated by others,
see the duplicity of it all...
It gets me depressed beyond reason at what lies in wait for our children in years to come.
How do you guys deal with all the haters out there?

A depressed Muslimah Sad
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012 08:05 PM »

walaikum salaam,

Such a good topic for us to discuss in this day and age!! It does get overwhelming reading about all the Islamophobia incidents, and even when our own family members go through them Sad All the  things that are happening in the Muslim world, all the injustices. It's seriously depressing at times the absolute hate and venom ppl have for Islam and Muslims.

I really think when we get overwhelmed and depressed we should limit the amount of news and things we are looking at. Not that we don't care, but we need time to recharge our hearts/batteries/deen. So turn off your facebook! Stop reading news obsessively. And the #1 thing that helps... go to the Mosque... just go there and spend time there with your paper Quran (go old school Wink), other Muslims and just contemplate about Allah. This really helps me.

Maybe we can have more suggestions from other people on what they do??
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012 12:57 PM »

Get involved in your community!
Have the Muslims get involved in volunteer work around your town.
People in town will see that you are part of the community and not see you as "other" or "stranger".
Don't just sit in your house and be afraid of everyone.
Go out among the people and "shine your light".

Of course there will always be haters.  When you walk down the street, smile at everyone.  When you walk into a store, say hello to the clerks and sales people.  If people still glare at you and say something nasty, just let it roll off of you.  They are not hurting you.  They are not hurting Islam.  They are not hurting Allah.  They only hurt their own souls.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2012 12:55 PM »

Yeah, be socially active, be vocal and be tough as a nail.

Media is nothing but biased. Stop watching news.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2012 08:31 PM »

Just ignore all the hatred. Might sound strange but seriously, if you start paying attention to islamophobic stuff, you'll worsen your mental condition every day. Concentrate on what's good in your life. Pray, make dua and invest more time in remembering Allah than you do remembering islamophobes. You'll start realizing how much Allah has blessed you with and you'll forget about the hatred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: