// When trying to recall something.....
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Morality: The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-TirmidhĂ®)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When trying to recall something.....  (Read 706 times)
Noonoo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Noonoo has no influence :(

« on: Mar 16, 2012 10:46 PM »

Salam,

I had been searching a while ago on a duaa to help me remember something from a long time ago (details about something). I finally found a specific duaa, but does anyone have any other information about this?
How does it work, because I read this duaa below & re-analyze things and I am not coming up with what I am missing.

Memory
If one fails to remember an event or written text or spoken words, should put the right hand on the forehead and recite:

"Innee as'aluka yaa mud'akkiral khayri wa faa-i'lahoo wal aamira bihee an tusalliya alaa Muh'ammadin wa aali Muh'ammadin wa tud'akkiranee maa ansaaneehish shayt'aan."

(I beseech You, O He who remolds about doing good, does good and commands to do good, send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad, and let me remember what Shaytan has wiped out from my memory.)
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2012 08:21 PM »

Salam
I have not heard of the du'a before but I know ulama do recommend person who wants to remember anything to perform a Nafil salah. He shall continue praying in twos trying to be in maximum khushoo, inshaallah he'll remember what he's forgotten.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: