// Forgiveness!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "O Allah, there is no life but the life of the Next World." - Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgiveness!  (Read 1186 times)
Anonymous
« on: Apr 25, 2012 05:07 AM »

Salaams,

I know the importance of forgiving one who has done bad towards you, in Islam. However, there is a person whos done so much wrong to me, that everytime i say to myself that im gonna forget all the wrong she has done, forgive her and recall the good things she has done, few days will pass and I would recall the bad she has done (towards me)  then my anger and hatred towards her will come back to me.

I just want to be able to forgive and forget... but im finding it very hard. Brothers and Sisters, do you have any suggestions, are there any duas which I may recite to free me from hatred.

Thank You.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2012 04:17 PM »

Salam I think theres a difference between forgetting n forgiving. You can forgive someone but u don't have to forget ESP if that person did something to hurt you. So forgive bc there's so many Hadith n Quran abOut it. And Allah will forgive us if we do.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2012 04:46 AM »

I agree! Forgive, but do not forget.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2012 01:41 AM »

But the thing is that its not so easy to forgive but not forget. I have a similar situation to Anon1. Some people in the family did something bad to me couple years ago and although I have forgiven them many times(I know it sounds funny) and not forgotten, I remember it every now and then and the hatred returns and it ruins a happy day of mine.

I recently listened in a Halaqa that even if someone does something bad to us, that too is by the will of Allah (SWT) and happened for a reason, maybe to teach us something or maybe it was a test of how we would react. So what can be done is to make dua for those who did bad to you and it will end the hatred in the heart. Have firm faith in your heart that whatever good or bad happens is from Allah (SWT).
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012 03:07 PM »

This article pretty much answers all the questions.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/forgiveness-the-glue-for-a-broken-heart/
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012 10:31 AM »

Masha Allah. Thank you for the Article.

I had tears in my eyes while reading this. Although forgiving is hard, this article has broaden my understanding and importance of Forgiving.
Now I know that I need not only forgive for myself... but also for the sake of Allah.
Inshallah Allah will see our struggle in forgiving and will make it easy for us to be able to do so. Ameen

Thank You
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: