// At the edge of the world...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Employment: The Prophet said: 'Pay the laborer his due before his sweat dries.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At the edge of the world...  (Read 3900 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Apr 02, 2008 03:07 PM »

peace be upon you

Excuse the attire, not my pictures... Embarrassed

In Zimbabwe (southern Africa), you will find the magnificent Victoria Falls , at  a height of  128m.
The location is known as the "Devil's Swimming Pool". During the months of September and December, people can swim as close as possible to the edge of the falls without falling over.

These falls are becoming well known amongst the "radical tourist" industry, when more and more people search for the ultimate experience.

Sub7anAllah...I wish I had the nerve...i think it is wayyy to radical for me.
nuh
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2008 03:17 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

That is crazy!!! I just don't understand why people do stuff like this.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2008 10:40 AM »

*Resists*

: (

Allah-o-Akbar...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2008 11:41 AM »

I have been to Victoria Falls in 2003.   The town also goes by the same name because of the Falls.

For me, what marvelled me most was Allah's creation!  Subhanalla!  I was speechless.  We (colleagues and I) walked the whole length of the falls as there is a footpath to you take through the different sights of the falls. 

It is more beautiful than the Niagara Falls (I have seen this twice in 1999 & 2006).  Niagara Falls is beautiful from the Canadian side.

But I wouldn't dare do the dare devil actions these tourists do.  There was a point where you go down a stiff incline to get near to one of the pouring points of the falls.  A half way through, I backed out.  I was afraid more of not being able to make it back upwards.  And I didn't have any problems with weight then. 

There also flying choppers or planes to enable you see the view from above. 

Whatever they are doign requires real guts but its foolhardy too.  Not for the faint hearted, surely.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2008 07:37 PM »

Ohhh I would SO love to do that one day inshAllah! Just imagine the view from up there!

And I would enjoy it all the more, because I would obviously be in a safety harness Smiley if that is possible. If it isn't, I'll settle for the helicopter ride.

H2H: Bhai, I'm disappointed in you...   Smiley

Wassalam

ps: One more thing, why are there kids there? I mean, put yourself in danger if you want but your KIDS  Roll Eyes
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2008 01:25 PM »

Slm

this a beautiful place Masha Allah.

Mosi-oa-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders) is the name given (by the locals) to the place and it was later named Victoria Falls when the country was colonised.

I think it is sad that it has been re-named and wonder what it will take to have the name "Victoria Falls" removed from the map and replaced with the beautiful local version instead.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2008 01:58 PM »

H2H: Bhai, I'm disappointed in you...   Smiley

Actually I resisted to comment on those photos with semi naked men and women, and hence the sad face.

I am all for adventure, and have broken few bones in the past due to my antics  oldshaykh

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: