// Holding on...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: To admonish your brother in private is to advise him and improve him. But to admonish him publicly is to disgrace and shame him. - Imam Shafi (rahimullah)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding on...  (Read 685 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Jun 07, 2012 06:36 PM »

Assalamu alaikum,

Last Ramadan was my best month ever. I was focused on my life, improving my familial relationships and friendships, working hard at school, and feeling extremely spiritually connected to God and Islam for the first time. This good situation mostly continued throughout the year, but months before my exams approached I really neglected the admittedly over-enthusiastic Quran schedule I had set up and ended up barely reading Quran at all. I had a nasty breakdown before an exam I wasn't totally prepared for, and unfortunately the resulting dip in confidence affected me throughout my exams (although inshallah I think that my grades will be alright).

Now that I finished my exams I am really shaken to find myself back at square one, feeling at a loss. I feel like I've lost my firm Islamic practice, I feel like I want to go over my belief and revise it as well as all the reasons behind it. Like a renewal, perhaps. But I really have no idea how to go about this all over again as it took me ages to instill any kushu' in my heart the first time.

This is really worrying me as I will soon be moving away to the States as I won a scholarship to a school there. My family have decided to follow me there. The school is a really challenging, multiculurally based one and I want to have my faith firm before I go, as I know that I will be challenged there regarding my beliefs (as well as having to deal with living away from my family). I also want to do well in my studies and find out my career path at the school...so yeah, a lot of work is required and I don't want to disappoint myself and my family through being indecisive over anything.

I know that I didn't say this quite articulately enough but I would really, really like advice concerning how I can go about re-connecting to Islam. Do you guys know anyone going through similar circumstances? Can you recommend ideas or helpful websites (anything like Suhaibwebb?)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2012 02:51 AM »

walaikum salam,

I think everyone has those type of feelings about Ramadan. Ramadan just brings us so many blessings and spiritual closeness to Allah and then over the course of year it dissipates Sad But I'd just say take advantage of this Ramadan inshaAllah and do your best to benefit from it inshaAllah and this will help you when you start your new year after that!
the_truth
Bro

Reputation Power: 19
the_truth has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2012 02:20 AM »

Assalamu alaikum,

Last Ramadan was my best month ever. I was focused on my life, improving my familial relationships and friendships, working hard at school, and feeling extremely spiritually connected to God and Islam for the first time. This good situation mostly continued throughout the year, but months before my exams approached I really neglected the admittedly over-enthusiastic Quran schedule I had set up and ended up barely reading Quran at all. I had a nasty breakdown before an exam I wasn't totally prepared for, and unfortunately the resulting dip in confidence affected me throughout my exams (although inshallah I think that my grades will be alright).

Now that I finished my exams I am really shaken to find myself back at square one, feeling at a loss. I feel like I've lost my firm Islamic practice, I feel like I want to go over my belief and revise it as well as all the reasons behind it. Like a renewal, perhaps. But I really have no idea how to go about this all over again as it took me ages to instill any kushu' in my heart the first time.

This is really worrying me as I will soon be moving away to the States as I won a scholarship to a school there. My family have decided to follow me there. The school is a really challenging, multiculurally based one and I want to have my faith firm before I go, as I know that I will be challenged there regarding my beliefs (as well as having to deal with living away from my family). I also want to do well in my studies and find out my career path at the school...so yeah, a lot of work is required and I don't want to disappoint myself and my family through being indecisive over anything.

I know that I didn't say this quite articulately enough but I would really, really like advice concerning how I can go about re-connecting to Islam. Do you guys know anyone going through similar circumstances? Can you recommend ideas or helpful websites (anything like Suhaibwebb?)

Asalaamu Alaikum, Hope the following helps:

How to avoid feeling Utter Regret in the Hereafter

In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful

Regretting the past

None of us are perfect as we are constantly committing errors, mistakes and falling into sin whether minor or major. But what we must do is to try our best to learn from our mistakes and be in a constant state of asking Allah for forgiveness and making sincere repentance with utter remorse and with the intention not to fall into such a sin again. Even if we do happen to fall into the same sin again then as long as our repentance is sincere then we will find Allah to be most forgiving and merciful to us as he looks for every excuse possible to be generous to his slaves and to forgive us. But we cannot deceive Allah in thinking that we can commit the same sin and ask for forgiveness and we will be forgiven as Allah knows us better than we know ourselves and he sees deeper into us than we can imagine.

Failure and making mistakes is the best way to learn lessons in life ut it is even better to learn from other people’s mistakes, but the worst of all is to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. The purpose of this life is for us to be tested. We are tested in different situations and circumstances and are tested by trials, hardships and adversities. Therefore we have plenty of opportunities to learn lessons in life and to train ourselves to become better people day by day and how to handle certain situation more effectively etc.

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.).(Qur’an 2:155)

So the best thing we can do is not let the past stop us from making the best of the present. We should try to learn from the past and take lessons from it and not to worry too much about the future as the future is uncertain as we are unsure whether we have a tomorrow or not. So we should put everything into the present for what matters most is now, this very moment.

So letting the past or future affect our present is the worst thing we can do. We must live for now, and make the best of each second that is going by now as we cannot do anything about what happened yesterday or earlier on and we do not know about the future as we are unsure of how long we are here for, but what is certain is this very moment and it is this very moment each of us should make the best of in terms of doing everything to please Allah, investing into the hereafter, repenting sincerely with utter remorse with the intention to better ourselves and training ourselves to become better people.

Time passing quickly

Those of us who waste year after year, month after month, week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second, will surely regret the precious time that has been los which can NEVER be regained again. No price can regain what has been lost. So we must act NOW in order NOT to lose anymore of what has already been lost.

Do we desire this world or the hereafter?

Are we of those who desire this world or the Hereafter:

Among you are some that desire this world and some that desire the Hereafter. (Qur’an 3:152)

If we are of those who desire the hereafter then are we doing enough to prepare for it or do we just wish to do more? Then surely we do not have a single moment to lose. We all know how quick time is flying by. How often do we think to ourselves "How quick is time going? The year feels like it just started not long ago but it is nearly finished. How quickly have the years flown by?”

So with every moment passing, we draw even closer to death. We will never really know when death will confront us. Its date, hour and minute can never be known. We all will certainly die one day and will give an account of our deeds in the Presence of Allah. How many of us know of accounts of people succumbing to death in every situation? It is for this reason that we must always bear in mind that we may die at any second.

Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing). (Qur’an 3:185)

Time is short

We must also bear in mind that our time is short and that the good we invest into the hereafter will stop as soon as our short time in this life ends. Then why are we not investing into the hereafter as we should do? Why are we concerned with investing so much into this temporary life when we will not take any of the investments of this world into the hereafter? It will NOT come with us into our graves but ONLY the good we invested into the hereafter will come with us after our death. So surely we must get our priorities right.

And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).(Qur’an 93:4)

And this life of the world is only amusement and play! Verily, the home of the Hereafter is the real life if they but knew [Quran 29:64]

The deception of shaythan

The biggest deception of shaythan is to make us realise tomorrow. or the day after tomorrow, or after this event or after that event. He does not want us to act now, because he knows if he makes us put it off then we may forget. That is why we must shun this big deception of shaythan about taking steps tomorrow and take the necessary steps NOW before it is too late to do anything about it. Once death takes us and our souls pass our throats then it will be too late to act.

So we have until our souls pass our throats to ask for forgiveness and to go towards Allah. If not then we will be in utter regret and ask for another opportunity to live this life again but by then it will be too late. There is no other chance except for this life which is full of countless chances. So we can never say we weren’t given any chances as we were given more than we can comprehend.

Those are they who have bought the life of this world at the price of the Hereafter. Their torment shall not be lightened nor shall they be helped. (Qur’an 2:86)

The true reality of the Hereafter

So we should live each day constantly reminding ourselves of reality. The reality is that death is near and our time is short. Anyone who does not like such a reality is not alone but the fact is that we must live our daily lives with these reminders otherwise we will constantly get caught up in this world which is a curtain over reality. This life blinds our eyes from seeing what we really should be seeing. It conceals the reality of what is to come. If we knew the true reality what is to come then we would not even laugh but weep much:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:"By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."[Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, #627]

Conclusion

Therefore we must act now and never forget that at any second any one of us might be caught by death and, though being full of regret, might not every again have the opportunity to correct the wrongs we committed in the worldly life. For this reason, we should lose no time in asking for repentance from Allah and living by His commands, doing everything to please him and refraining from anything that angers or displeases him and living our daily lives by the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

May Allah enable us to do everything to please him and to refrain from anything that angers or displeases him and may he enable us to make the best of each second and to live this life for the hereafter. Ameen

The following threads will help you to increase your imaan:

10 Steps to increasng Iman (faith)

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=6719.0

The Virtues of praying Tahajjud - The Night Vigil Prayer

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=6720.0

The following threads that will help you to prepare for Ramadan and maximise it:

10 Ways to Prepare for Ramadan

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=6718.0

12 Ways to Maximize Everyday in Ramadan

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=5622.0

9 things a Women on Menses can do in Ramadan

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=5662.0

The following short videos will help you to increase your iman:

The Goodly Life - Amazing short speech:

"The Goodly Life" - Sheikh Muhammad Mukhtar Ash-Shinqitee [HD 720p]

Oh that I regret... - Must see

http://youtu.be/nYQxv4M9KsI

Repent before its too late: