Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoE Official says "No More Mosques in the UK"  (Read 1751 times)
nuh
« on: Apr 03, 2008 08:39 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

Blogging today, I came across this and nearing fell over...

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2008/4/2/as-if-it-couldnt-get-any-better-bnp-deputy-leader-backs-ruof.html
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2008 10:42 PM »

salam

The BNP are not affiliated to the CofE, well some of them might be CofE religion but the CofE does not align iteself to them.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2008 10:58 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

Okay, right now I only have one comment....

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!  What is wrong with people?!

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
nuh
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2008 11:51 PM »

The BNP are not affiliated to the CofE, well some of them might be CofE religion but the CofE does not align iteself to them.

Sorry, I should have included the quote from the link so people would know what I was talking about:

"a member of the Church of England General Synod, Alison Ruoff, breaks ranks and demands that no more mosques are built in this country.

"Speaking on a Christian radio station she pulled no punches when stating: 'You build a mosque and then what happens? You have Muslim people moving into that area, all the shops will then become Islamic, all the housing will then become Islamic and as the Bishop of Rochester has so wisely pointed out, that will be a no-go area for anyone else. They will bring in Islamic law. We cannot allow that to happen.'"

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
Princess1983
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Princess1983 has no influence :(

Make duaa for those less fortunate than us.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2008 11:56 PM »

I've read about this before. Its a case of 'one rotten apple spoils a whole bunch'. The more our Muslims in the UK do things in a none media friendly manner (e.g. preach that we must kill all none-believers and take over England and bring in Sharia asap) the more parties like the bnp will get in and get more votes.

And yes, I have had someone stop me and say this to me. We've even got certain 'wings' of certain Mosques coming into the area and doing 'public speeches' to young boys (about 12 years old) that if these boys were to become shaheed they will recieve "70 honeys" (that's a quote) in heaven. All they have to do is wait until they are 18 and blow themselves up.

The MCB need to speak up more-we need more people talking about the positives of Islam!

I know a few headteachers of CofE schools who feel more Mosques in certain areas of the UK will bring a more community feel so I think its safe to say that not all CofE have lost the plot-yet!

Saying that though, if they ever did put a ban on Mosques its not like the UK is a Muslim country is it?

W/salam

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't just sent to guide us Muslims, he is a unique, true example to EVERYONE.
This life is only a test-passing will equal Jannah, Inshallah!
Oh Muslim brothers and sisters-consider sponsoring an Orphan if Allah has blessed you with the finances to do so-Ameen.
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2008 11:36 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

Now that I'm over my "arrrgghhh" moment I can have a better response (I think).  It is bigotry, grounded in fear  and limited understanding/knowledge at its best again when people in positions of authority (or not) make such stupid comments and insist that something be or not be done.

First of all, I guess they assume that mosques have certain configurations, failing to realize that something as simple as someone's home can serve as a location for making prayer as a group and for conducting Islamic studies.  So, unless suddenly they want to control what goes on inside of an individual's home, there is no way to prevent anything.

It goes deeper than the premise of "one bad apple, ruining it for everyone else" because there are plenty of rotten apples, pears, pineapples and whatnot that exist in every religion but I don't hear of there being a moretorium on building churches or synoguges nor public opposition when such structures are planned, it's only mosques that seem to bring out the opposition and imaginary problems.  If anything, groups are also afraid because their numbers of devout members are shrinking as the older members pass on from this plane of existence and the younger people reject religion altogether; as such churches end up closing their doors.

As it stands, none of this would even be an issue nor concern if it weren't for the continued unjustified presence of troops in Muslim lands.  The media portrays this as a good thing that we must "liberate the people, particularly the women" "must bring democracy (the western brand)" "must preserve a way of life" blah, blah, blah.  When the reality is vastly different and is rooted in greed, arrogance and fear.

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2008 07:03 PM »

salam

I dont think the CofE would really want to ban new mosques.... a lot of mosques that I have come across are disused churches which have been bought for the purpose, the buying price tends ot run into millions.

The church would be a little silly to demand this law to be passed as it would be putting a bar on their own coffers.
A lot of churches have a very small (if at all) congregation and huge maintenance bills. 

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: