Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I was thinking.......  (Read 614 times)
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« on: Jun 08, 2012 02:46 PM »

so I was looking at the mirror and that started me thinking [not a good habit --- all it gives you is a headache and host of other problems] ......if God is so merciful ---then why does he make ugly people like me .......
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2012 03:43 PM »

Salam bro,

You really shouldn't think like that. (although I know we all do!) (even top models do and probably even worse cuz they're rejected on a daily basis bc of looks stuff!)

Se7en and some others are starting a really nice series on beauty. They've already posted one article that you *must* read. Here are the links:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/relationships/withthedivine/divine-beauty/

Intro to series: http://www.suhaibwebb.com/ummah/women/introducing-a-new-series-reconstructing-beauty/

Basically you just have to change your thinking on beauty. Look at pictures of beautiful men and women when they were younger and older! How temporary "looks" are. Hate to bring up Aish... but even the most beautiful woman in the world is being criticized after her weight gain. It's just such a temporary thing. Real beauty is beauty of character and Imaan. That makes a person sooooo attractive! You know something to think about is why we will be 33 years old in Jannah. In modern standards this is really old and no one is at the "peak of their beauty".

As for girls, cuz ur at this young age, you might be thinking that all girls think about is looks. and yes at an immature age they're all about finding someone 'good looking' etc but believe me not all are like that, and most realize very quickly that is not important at all in the scheme of things.

Also looking in the mirror we should say this dua:

الحمد لله الهم كما حسنت خلقي فحسن خلقي

Alhumdu lillahi Allahumma kama hasanta khalqi fahassin khuluqi

“Oh Allah! As you have beautified my outward/physical appearance, then beautify my inward appearance (character)”

And Allah has beautified our outward appearance and created human beings in the best of apperance. Believe me you must travel to India or other countries to see how horribly disfigured or tragic some things are. Just view some of the Muslim men and women poor victims of acid attacks. And view some very old shaikhs and shaikhas in the old world who have never missed a single Salah in the Masjid. They are old and wrinkled and stooped and yet they are the awliyah of Allah, the most beautiful of his creation.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2012 08:01 PM »

In all my life I've never come across a truly ugly looking person.

I would quit looking into mirrors if all you see is something to be critical about.

A gentle tongue and sweet temper and strong faith shine thro on ones face.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2012 09:23 PM »

You know working out usually helps me feel better about myself. Also de-stresses, also can sleep better and feel less guilty about eating stuff Wink So maybe worth a try!!

Any bros can help the brother out here w/ advice or support??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: