// Okay, I am confused... [aka is this a sufi site?]
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: On this show, your voice will be heard - in the form of my voice. - Steven Colbert
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, I am confused... [aka is this a sufi site?]  (Read 487 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Aug 13, 2012 05:31 PM »

Questions

After seeing some posts I was convinced this was a Muslim community but now I'm not so sure after reading a lot of sufism topics, and lots and lots of its poetry.

I do not think labels such as 'salafi' or 'sufi' or 'shia, etc, are right. After all the Prophet (saw) was a Muslim and this is what I call myself actually as I try to follow quran and sunnah.

I don't wish to offend any person of any such faith or labels, I just want to know if this website comes under these such labels? I am not of them so I want to know whether I could delete my account somewhere?
Like I said, I hope this wasn't offensive but I just want write stuff for people who are similar to my own beliefs really. After all though, Allahualam, right?

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2012 05:39 PM »

Assalaam Alaikum,

This is a Muslim site. You can read about our rules in the Constitution that is linked to above to get a better idea of our philosophy.

Basically we're not affiliated with any group or organization or shaikh or whatever. We're just Muslims.  flowersis sudanibro arabbeardbro smileysis

People can usually post what they like as long as it's not too out there, and usually others will post if the article is questionable Islamically. As you mentioned we do not like to label articles as "sufi" or "salafi" or whatever as well. We like to evaluate them based on Quran and Sunnah and what our scholars say.

As for the poetry, I'd suggest anyone who is not familiar with poetry to not click on any of those links.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2012 05:39 PM »

Are you concerned about the Rumi poetry?

I don't think this is a Sufi site.

So you've ruled yourself out of Sufi, shi, Sunni,  salafi... What label do you prefer?

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2012 07:55 PM »

Salaams,

Its not a Sufi site, but I sure can whirl Wink

Interesting part is, in my early days here, I thought its a salafi one...

But yeah, its as Muslim as it gets, without any labels hamdulillah. We got Sunnis, Hanafis (myself included), Salafi, Shia, even non Muslims back in the days (like Mike)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: