// How do I embed a youtube video?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Three blessings in Tribulation: 'first, the tribulation could have been worse; second, it was in worldly matters and not in the spiritual ones; and third it came in the finite world and not the infinite one. All three are reasons to thank Allah even for tribulations. - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I embed a youtube video?  (Read 537 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Jun 20, 2012 05:19 PM »

How do I embed a youtube video into a post?

Please give step by step directions (and don't just say something like: oh just e-mail me the link, I'll post it for you).
I want to learn.
Thanks.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2012 05:25 PM »

lol you need the "long url" of the youtube video. If you post that it will automatically embed.

In youtube, you click on the Share button then Options then Long Link       then you cut and paste that link into ur post.

Hope that helps inshallah!
rahma
Sis

rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2012 05:46 PM »

Testing....

Animaniacs - Nations Of The World
rahma
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2012 05:50 PM »

Yea!  It works!!!

You are gonna be so sorry you taught me that... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
rahma
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2013 12:18 AM »

Ok.

Youtube has changed their layout.  How do I embed a video now?

Thanks.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2013 11:25 AM »

Salams Rahma,

Yes I see they got rid of the 'long format' thing!! Grrr... OK I think the only way is to watch the video in youtube and copy what comes up in your URL bar at the top of your browser. That should be the long form of the video like:
Code:
http://www youtube.com/watch?v=ZKV7s1Ph-mE

and that should work to

Veggie Burgers and Sausages Recipe
rahma
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2013 04:16 PM »

Testing:

Fly Guy - Simon's Cat
rahma
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2013 04:22 PM »

It works!  Yea!

And I love the veggie burger video!
But where in the US do you get Marmite?  What's the US equivalent?  Any kind of yeast here is in powder, granular or flake form.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: