Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Muslim girl makes website to find husband  (Read 4221 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jul 02, 2012 01:56 PM »

Wow single ladies..... would you make a website like this to find a husband?  Shocked  Talk about being brave!! I think she'll get like tons of freaks, but possible she could find someone this way??

http://www.whowantstomarryme.com/

Huge advantage of being engaged!! (no freaks) inshaAllah Wink
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2012 02:25 PM »

Ermm she's very pretty, she has a green card ...... Yure right she will be a freak magnet....

Wonder what her parents think about her methods.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2012 02:37 PM »

Pretty girl. Now, she is nuts:) She will get freaks. Why is it so hard to find a husband ? Smiley hahaha

anyway, i would not do this ever. think i rather just socialize at every known islamic event in the tri-state area instead.

oh Emm GGGGG
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2012 02:42 PM »

OMG i just looked at this... she is going to be innundated with crazies.....
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2012 07:21 PM »

I think I'm about 3 seconds away from setting up a similar website myself.

On second thoughts, naaaaaaaaaaah.  Too much admin needed to sort through the crazies and the weirdos. bebzi

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2012 07:49 PM »

I dare any brother on this website to sign up.

I'll buy you a chicken dinner...

Akhan?

West Coast?

Hard 2 Hit, where are you?
(ok, the last line was a joke, but i doubt H2H got the joke.)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2012 09:36 PM »

I am not a crazy Wink
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2012 10:40 PM »

I seriously LOL-ed when I saw my name mentioned....

Aww, she is very pretty ma'sha'allah.....

Well, I would hope there wouldn't be any chance of encountering crazies etc once you are engaged - unless crazies like stalking engaged ladies Shocked Did you have any weirdos bothering you before the recent events Sis J?  Tongue I hope not. But yeah, that engagement ring/status is like a shield against them.

I'll be honest - I don't plan on doing the online thing in any manner  - and would only go that route as a last last last resort.

I guess in this girls' case, desperate times/difficulty finding someone, calls for such measures in her book.

All the best to her.....

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Nafs
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2012 10:48 PM »

She's from LA Cheesy
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2012 08:20 AM »

ok so I watched the video just now, she doesn't seem too bad so why not give it a shot baba? Grin and she's witty lol she'll keep you entertained for life Grin

and don't try to turn the tables over on me coz she's too old for me Grin
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2012 09:55 AM »

Akhan, follow the sunnah bro, go forth and ask for her hand in marriage....Cheesy

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2012 12:05 PM »

Akhan, follow the sunnah bro, go forth and ask for her hand in marriage....Cheesy
what are you? baba's lawyer? Angry
and anyway, I don't have the means to marry yet Grin
lucid
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Jul 03, 2012 06:41 PM »

and don't try to turn the tables over on me coz she's too old for me Grin

you do recall that the prophet married Khadijah (ra) despite being much younger than her.

come on...pull the trigger...take a chance...

you never know what Allah has in store for you.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2012 09:42 PM »

why have I suddenly become the target?
I don't have even a penny of my own..so can we get back to baba for now?
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Jul 03, 2012 09:53 PM »

Marriage brings its own barakah, as does having children within marriage.............Allah provides........... Tongue

WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #15 on: Jul 04, 2012 05:20 AM »

OMA - there was a  video??? I only saw the photo!

*clicks back to website*  Wink Wink Wink

LOOOOL, poor akhan - NOT, I'd rather you be the target than me! It's good I only check in from time to time here hehe.

BABA
 desibro

Nafs
« Reply #16 on: Jul 04, 2012 05:22 AM »

LOOOOOOOL WCbaba! How'd you miss the video?Huh?

you're hilarious!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Jul 04, 2012 05:34 AM »

Just watched it!

Why thank you Nafs.....I missed it because I use Firefox only for the Madina (in Chrome, the smiley's and even the sign in, doesn't work smoothly - yes Sis J, it still has issues!) and the video was just a white screen on Firefox, so I was wondering why that was, but when you guys said video, I used Chrome to go to the site and then the video popped up.

Anyways, seems like she doesn't take herself too seriously (a good thing) and that was funny when she put the wedding bell sounds on - funny that I'm in Texas and her family lives here (not Houston though, as you all saw) and Cali is not too far from Oregon obviously  Wink, but as I said above, the internet thing is not for me. I wish her the best for sure, hope the crazies/weirdos stay away (I think being made fun of is the least of her problems!).

Good to know that there are some good girls out there that respect themselves, so hope that she finds a suitable and deserving partner - whether through this effort or otherwise.

BABA
 desibro

lucid
Bro

« Reply #18 on: Jul 04, 2012 07:25 AM »

Just watched it!

but as I said above, the internet thing is not for me. I wish her the best for sure, hope the crazies/weirdos stay away (I think being made fun of is the least of her problems!).

brother superdude,

why's the internet thing not for you?  it's not like its an ad in the newspaper!

just meet her and find out what she's like.

isn't the reluctance of guys to consider muslimas on the web the reason why jannah couldn't get hitched for like...um the  last century...?  (ok maybe less than the last century, ok, ok maybe a lot, lot, lot less.)
akhan
Bro

« Reply #19 on: Jul 04, 2012 08:15 AM »

yea baba, there's nothing wrong with the internet search..go talk to her Grin
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #20 on: Jul 04, 2012 12:20 PM »

LOL.This pretty girl surely wanted attention....and she is getting it... Grin
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #21 on: Jul 04, 2012 09:53 PM »

OMA, AKHAN!!!!! STOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

As for reluctance to look online - I can't say what conditions Sis J had for her potential spouses and of course I sympathize with her, but I honestly don't know people other than her to this detail, that were searching etc so I can't say anything about that, though I'm sure there are sisters that are online, who are known to a wide population (as Sis J is) who are honestly and sincerely searching. If both sides are for it, or just the thought/idea/chance of it (as Sis J and Brk were obviously in retrospect), that's great, but if one side isn't willing at the present moment, no point in pushing/forcing. 

Anyways,

that's the last I'll say on this.

BABA
 desibro

akhan
Bro

« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2012 05:01 AM »

OMA, AKHAN!!!!! STOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
as one brother to another, I was just trying to help you Sad
ruhee
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
ruhee has no influence :(

« Reply #23 on: Jul 05, 2012 12:02 PM »

wow desperate measures!

to me, that sounds like you might be keen  Cheesy
akhan
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Jul 05, 2012 03:09 PM »

to me, that sounds like you might be keen  Cheesy
haha..not yet Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: