Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: If you are asked: Who is a believer? Say: He who is informed about the flaws of his self; he, who cannot see flaws in others. If they ask you, who is the disgraced one? Say: He who finds flaws in others and considers himself free from fault. - Ibn 'Ata'illah
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 favorite foods of Rasullah (s.a.)  (Read 1057 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jul 05, 2012 05:39 PM »

Useful for Ramadan perhaps Wink

====

12 favorite foods of Rasullah (s.a.)

(as mentioned in AL Tib-al Nabavi book)

Rasullah’s (s.a.) life had been most comprehensive and perfect and can serve as an ideal for men and women of all ages, at all times. His habits and advice have been absolutely perfect and shows moderate way of life and meets all the needs of man.

Barley: Good in fever, use in a soup form.

Dates: Rassullah (s.a.) said that a house without dates has no food. It should also be eaten at the time of childbirth.

Figs: It is a complete fruit and a cure for piles.

Grapes: Rasullah (s.a.) was very fond of grapes - it purifies the blood, provides vigor and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.

Honey: Considered the best remedy for diarrhea when mixed in hot water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm; as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye soother and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water.

Melon: Rasullah (s.a.) said: "None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring that is good in countenance and good in character."

Milk: Rasullah (s.a.) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.

Mushroom: Rasuallah (s.a.) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes; it also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis. Not all mushroom are edible.

Olive Oil: Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach. Good in patients with heart diseases.

Pomegranate: Rasullah (s.a.) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.

Vinegar: A food Rasuallah (s.a.) used to eat with olive oil.

Water: Rasullah (s.a.) said the best drink in this world is water, when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver.
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2012 06:20 PM »

Honey is really good. My son is teething & had problem with diarrhoea a friend recomended honey. Three days after the diarrhoea is gone. But I must confess I dont know some of these foods.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2012 06:52 PM »

Subhanallah!   I love all these things except I'm not that "into" barley.  I guess I'll have to look up some barley recipes!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2012 09:15 PM »

Sis Rahma are you Indian? We tend to put barley in this stew type thing, it has loads of daals and barley and lamb and is rather thick and very filling...I've forgotten what it's called.

Also if you boil pearly barley and drink the cooled water left behind it's really good for you, helps with all sorts of water infections too.  It gently cleans out your system....downer doesn't taste amazing but doesn't taste bad either.
You can put the boiled barley in porridge and eat it for breakfast.. I'm not a huge barley fan but it has cooling properties and I've been given it when ill.

I'm rather surprised about the mushroom thing, I never knew they were good for eyesight, but apparently they contain more potassium than bananas and are indeed very good for eye sight too....anyone have any mushroom recipes apart from soup? I put them in casseroles and fry them and have put them in chicken and mushroom pie but any other suggestions?

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2012 10:00 PM »

Sis Rahma are you Indian? We tend to put barley in this stew type thing, it has loads of daals and barley and lamb and is rather thick and very filling...I've forgotten what it's called.
HALEEEEMMMMMM!!!!!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2012 10:01 PM »

oh gosh yes of course, it's the annual ramadan thread isn't it....Doh  smack

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2012 01:39 AM »

Sis Rahma are you Indian?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nope.  Euro-american.
But my daughter in law is.  Maybe I can get some barley recipes from her!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: