Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do ppl lose weight in Ramadan??  (Read 5636 times)
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #25 on: Jul 14, 2012 12:36 PM »

what is china grass?

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #26 on: Jul 14, 2012 01:08 PM »

You know the falooda you eat? That milky jelly like pudding? That's made from china grass, it helps the milk set.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

Mubaraka
Sis

Reps: 412

« Reply #27 on: Jul 14, 2012 07:23 PM »

Falooda?hmmm...doesn't it contain basil seeds(sabz seeds)..and sago pearls (i guess)....not sure...i did not know falooda was 'Made in china'  too  Grin

akhan
Bro

« Reply #28 on: Jul 14, 2012 07:32 PM »

No way! Falooda has balangey(don't what it's called in english) in it. I even made it at home without the china grass.

tahirah
Sis

Reps: 199

« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2012 02:00 AM »

[slm]

My mom has found that drinking plenty of water, eating a moderate breakfast, having lunch, eating a light dinner like salad (nothing after ~7:30), and walking for 30min everyday is very effective. For Ramadan, drinking plenty of water, having a moderate suhoor, a moderate dinner (iftar is old school – dates and water), and keeping up her walking works well.

I also thought this would be interesting…

I stumbled on an old Reader’s Digest article - “Eat More, Weigh Less”- a few days ago that discussed a type of diet (called Life Choice or something) that was supposed to help people who were at risk for heart disease. Most people lose about 20 pounds, but one lady lost like 65 pounds of the baby weight that she had never been able to lose before.

According to the author, the people on the diet could still eat a significant amount of food, but they would have to watch the type of calories they were taking in – fat calories versus protein and carb calories. Protein and Carbohydrates produce about 4 calories per gram while fat calories produce about 9 calories per gram. In addition to this, the body uses fewer calories to convert fat calories into actual body fat. It takes the body 3 calories to convert 100 fat calories into body fat, and it takes the body 23 calories to convert 100 calories of protein/carbs into body fat.

According to the author, nearly 40% of the calories people consume are fat calories. In this diet people reduce fat to about 10% of the caloric intake. The stay away from oils, roasting or grilling meat in small proportions, eating low-fat/non-fat dairy in moderation, and eating large amounts of beans, fruits, grains veggies, complex carbs (like bread, potatoes, and pasta). Complex cabs are fine because they are low in calories, high in fiber, and they make you full without adding too many pounds as long as you flavor them with herbs and spices. They only become a problem when you combine say a baked potato with a ton of butter, etc.

They only exercise recommended for this program is walking 20-60min per day at a moderate pace.

Cabmax

Reps: 17

« Reply #30 on: Aug 01, 2012 01:59 PM »

i gained so much weight since my daughter came that now when I stand up after sitting for a while my legs hurt. In a desperation to lose weight I came upon a website that gurantee a diet plan to lose 10kg in 13 days!!!! Shocked Shocked. its about breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ramzan time it can be suhoor, iftaar and dinner. It goes like this

Day 2
• – Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee + 1 sugar cube
• – Lunch: 250 g ham + 1 natural yogurt
• – Dinner: 200g beef steak + 1 salad with oil and lemon juice

I keep thinking of trying this but perhaps at the end of thirteen days people will just have an easy time carrying my janaza! 

Are u kidding?

Cabmax

Reps: 17

« Reply #31 on: Aug 01, 2012 02:18 PM »

I have been trying to lose weight for the last couple of years with no success. I was doing the usual eating well and going to
the gym, but that did not work. This was because I couldn't keep up with going to the gym regularly. once I stop going to the gym I would go back to eating unhealthy (junk) food and my weight would  increase by 2 to 5 kilos until I start exercising again which could be within 3 - 8 months time.

Two months before the ramadhan I devised my own plan, that was to eat healthly by preparing my own meals and consume less than my daily basal metabolic rate (BMR). I lost aroung 2-3 kilos just before ramadhan started. Here is my daily routine before ramadhan:

Breakfast
2 egg whites to make an ommelete and two toasts with a glass of smoothie (5 dates = 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk).

Lunch
1/2 plate of pasta/rice with chicken

Dinner
1-2 fillets of fish (I prefer salmon) = 1 spinach bundle (circa 200-300g) a glass of fruit smoothie.

No tea or coffee. Although I do have them occasionally when I visit family or friends.

Now in ramadan, I only eat iftar; dates and a few fruits before maghrib. After maghrib, same dinner I used to have before Ramadan (see above) or I go to the local mosque where I will have a bowl or two of chicken/lamb curry with chapati.

I dont eat suhur.

Two months before Ramadan I was 94 kilos now I am 89. Alhamdullilah.

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #32 on: Aug 01, 2012 02:35 PM »

you should try and eat a little suhoor, there's good in it.

You'r diet sounds pretty sensible....the lack of coffee and tea would have me sleeping at my desk at work tho.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

um aboodi
Sis

Reps: 268

« Reply #33 on: Aug 01, 2012 03:13 PM »

salam

I find that men lose more weight during Ramadan than women.  Both my husband and my brother drop somewhere between 7-9 kilos by Eid time (15-22 lbs, or  1.1-1.5 stone) . I barely drop 2-3 kilos if at all.   

Why is that?? 

akhan
Bro

« Reply #34 on: Aug 01, 2012 03:25 PM »

salam

I find that men lose more weight during Ramadan than women.  Both my husband and my brother drop somewhere between 7-9 kilos by Eid time (15-22 lbs, or  1.1-1.5 stone) . I barely drop 2-3 kilos if at all.   

Why is that?? 
Whaaaaattt? Shocked How come? I lose half a kilo to a kilo at the most.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: