// [Film Review] Taare Zameen Par 'Stars on Earth'
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “When I am getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds about him and what he is going to say.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Film Review] Taare Zameen Par 'Stars on Earth'  (Read 7474 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 07, 2008 11:05 PM »

salams,

This is definitely not your average Indian movie. In fact, it's nothing like one. No romance, no running around in fields etc  Smiley It's about a boy who has learning problems at school and his struggle to overcome them with the help of a special teacher. The movie was really touching. Especially for me as a teacher and I'm sure every parent will be affected as well.

The message is so perfect. The actors are brilliant. You can't help crying through half of it too.

I recommend it for anyone. You'll never see kids in the same way again.

http://www.taarezameenpar.com/
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2008 10:08 AM »

Assalamualaikum,

I watched this! It was such a tear-jerker! The little boy actor was absolutely brilliant, and so cute  Smiley

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2008 11:48 AM »

As a parent with a child with special learning needs, I identified with it completely.  I cried through out it.

For the first time, I wondered what Haroun must have felt during those years he struggled with school before it was brought to my attention that he needs a school that caters for children with special learning needs.

How ignorant we sometimes can be as parents!

Plus Aamir Khan is my favourite bollywood actor.  What else can I say?

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2008 12:49 PM »

Taare Zameen Par gets blockbuster opening in Pakistan

Amir Mir

Saturday, April 19, 2008  19:43 IST

ISLAMABAD: Bollywood super star Aamir Khan’s directorial debut Taare Zameen Par was released in Pakistan with a boom as the sixteen cinema halls that were prepared to screen the movie from Lahore to Karachi were booked full to capacity in advance and were jam crammed in the first show of the flick.

According to Zoraiz Lashari, owner of Sozo World cinema hall in Lahore, it is amazing to see that people are flinging to the cinema halls to watch the movie although a good number of them must already have watched it on cable TV or DVDs. “Yet, the charm of the big screen can never die, I guess,” the happy businessman chuckles.

Safdar Khan, the owner of Shabistan cinema endorses the opinion by saying that cine buffs who know the magic of the silver screen will rush for entertainment if given a chance.

“Pakistani films on their first day even cannot do such business, that too booked in advance,” says Safdar. The fact that the GEO TV is the official media partner for the screening of this film in Pakistan. People have been doing the rounds of the ticket booths to get an advance booking for the shows in the top 16 cinemas of the entire
country.

Earlier, the premier show of U, Me aur Hum, starring Ajay Devgan and Kajol was also going to take place on the same day but it has been delayed to give maximum space to Amir Khan’s Taare. The movie has had its release delayed till the 18th of April against the world premier it was earlier decided.

The popularity of Amir Khan’s Taare Zameen Par owes to a lot of factors: the thematic structure which involves every household, every family: child and parent relationship, teacher and student understanding and sibling co-operation.

Moreover, the film being one by Amir Khan who is widely known as a ‘perfectionist’ and of course the superb acting quality all make it worth the chase.   

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1160403

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2008 11:39 AM »

salaam

yeah i saw it. excellent movie. aamir khan is the best thing that hit bollywood.

wasalaam.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: