// The Apprentice UK 2008
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Now is the time to know that all that you do is sacred….Now is the time for you to deeply compute the impossibility that there is anything but grace. -Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Apprentice UK 2008  (Read 3657 times)
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« on: Apr 08, 2008 01:28 PM »

Any Brits out there following the BBC Apprentice? Any thoughts so far?

The candidates:

Raef Bjayou
Jenny Celerier
Nicholas de Lacy-Brown (Fired)
Sara Dhada
Lucinda Ledgerwood
Jennifer Maguire
Lee McQueen
Lindi Mngaza
Kevin Shaw
Simon Smith
Michael Sophocles
Helene Speight
Ian Stringer
Shazia Wahab (Fired)
Alex Wotherspoon
Claire Young

Raef, Simon, Alex, Lee and Claire seem to be the most promising so far.
Hafsa
Sis

Hafsa has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2008 12:45 PM »

Ian Stringer's fired too.. I'm so glad and he was 'totally out of control' as Sir Alan would say..
Hopefully Jenny gets fired next week she is so annoying.. Sara was pretty good in the last episode thought I'm not sure that Indian curry tasted very nice! that bollywood dancer was just hilarious!
Princess1983
Sis

Princess1983 has no influence :(

Make duaa for those less fortunate than us.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2008 06:23 PM »

Salam everyone,

I'm a big fan of the Apprentice and Sir Alan-so much of a fan even my husband watches the show-more for the entertainment than the seriousness I watch for.

I'm hoping Sara goes far-would be great to have a minority go far who is also female  Embarrassed

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't just sent to guide us Muslims, he is a unique, true example to EVERYONE.
This life is only a test-passing will equal Jannah, Inshallah!
Oh Muslim brothers and sisters-consider sponsoring an Orphan if Allah has blessed you with the finances to do so-Ameen.
a_desert_rose
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2008 09:28 PM »

LOL, it's hilarious watching big-headed people making fools of themselves...

classic example: Nicholas "my B-grade was the most harrowing experience of my life" De Lacy-Brown.

I liked Helene in this week's show when she was talking about not making a scape-goat of Sara. She's got the right idea: if the team works together instead of against each other, they'll ultimately win the task and not have to go in the boardroom in the first place so they won't be in the firing line. Let's see how long she sticks to her principles Smiley

Wassalam
a_desert_rose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008 10:27 PM »

How great is this guy?? I'm rooting for him to win

And standing up for Sara:

a_desert_rose
Sis

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008 04:51 PM »

Craziness in Morroco

So.....you need a holy man from the MOSQUE to bless a chicken so it's KOSHER?? What clowns.

The butcher guys must have had a right laugh when they'd left with their 'kosher' chicken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: