// marriage
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: A man who makes $10,000 a year and saves $1000 is richer than a man who makes $1,000,000 a year and spends $1,000,000
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: marriage  (Read 695 times)
Jenny
Madina Seeker

Reputation Power: 2
Jenny has no influence :(

« on: Aug 07, 2012 10:12 PM »

Right after getting married are you able to live under the same roof as your husband or do you have to wait?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2012 11:23 PM »

after you're married you live together, nothing stopping you.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 22
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2012 11:31 PM »

Wait for what exactly?

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Jenny
Madina Seeker

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2012 12:04 AM »

Im not sure what we would wait for. So we can live together right after getting married?
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2012 12:05 AM »

Yes, you can  Smiley

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Jenny
Madina Seeker

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2012 12:24 AM »

Thank you. I really appreciate the information
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2012 02:58 AM »

U most welcome!

The following is an excerpt from an article, that I have posted couple years ago. So, it basically explains the steps of marriage in Islam, hope it helps.

Rukhsati: Literally it means "sending off". This term is used in Indio-Pakistan area. In Shari`ah, it is called "zifaf". In Arab countries, it is commonly called "dukhul" or "dukhlah". It means the consummation of marriage. Now, the spouses can be alone and can have their intimate conjugal relations. Rukhsati takes place after the nikah. After rukhsati, the spouses begin living together as husband and wife. In most cases the rukhsati takes place within a few hours after nikah, but sometimes families postpone the consummation of marriage or rukhsati for a later time. They may do it for various social or personal reasons. Sometimes, the consummation is delayed because the family wants to have a big party to invite many relatives and friends to celebrate their marriage. Sometimes, the couple decide to delay consummation because one or both spouses want to finish their studies or would like to make better arrangement for their residence, et cetera. There could be many reasons for the postponement of consummation and it could be for few months or years. This is permissible in Islam.

Source: http://www.jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?PHPSESSID=170b6857eae55a4f97bf192d834eab82&topic=282.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: