Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: qiyām prayers  (Read 1155 times)
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« on: Aug 07, 2012 04:36 PM »

Assalam Alakium,
InshAllah this will be my first time praying the qiyām prayers.  But I do not know when we are supposed to start, what time we start praying them, is it after Isha prayers?  How many raakaats do we pray? I've read that,
"It is Sunnah to perform i'tikāf  during these nights for whoever is able." what is i'tikat? Can someone please explain these to me?

Thank you:)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2012 06:07 PM »

Walaikumassalam
Technically, taraweeh, tahajjud and qiyam ul layl are all the same. But, we can go into that some other time, inshAllah. During Ramadan, qiyam or tahajjud is referred to what people pray in the last third of the night. Technically, you can pray it after isha until fajr and you can pray as many rakats as you like, in twos and at the end a single rakat as witr. But assuming that you're praying taraweeh after isha, and you're going by the Ramadan definition of qiyam, it would be be late in the night.

Itikaf is something like a retreat done in the last ten days of Ramadan. People are supposed to leave their homes and go stay in the masjid for the last ten days and engage in extra worship that they wouldn't do in the other days. As a side note, the first of the last ten days begins with maghrib on the 19th day of Ramadan. So you're supposed to get into the masjid before that.

PS - Keep up the spirit sister and make dua for me.
palipeach81
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2012 06:51 PM »

Thank you soo much akhan, you are always great at answering my questions:) What if I am not able to go to the mosque? I have a 2 year and there is no way I'm taking her, lol!

May Allah bless you and your family, accept all your prayers and good deeds. Amin.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2012 07:20 PM »

Sis palipeach, there is a difference of opinion among the scholars as to whether itikaf can be done at home, and this is specifically for women, men have no choice but to go to the mosque. Typically, it has been the hanafi scholars and more so those belonging to the subcontinent who have allowed women to perform itikaf at home. The other scholars, typically the salafi ones(and I agree with their opinion) say that, be it man or woman, itikaf cannot be done anywhere except at the mosque. I'll post more about this tomorrow inshAllah. There is a chance that I may not be able to get up for suhoor tomorrow if I stay awake anymore Tongue
palipeach81
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2012 07:46 PM »

Thank you both:))
akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2012 01:55 AM »

Hope this helps, inshAllah

women going to masjid, taraweeh, itikaf النساء ، التراويح، اعتكاف.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: