Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The fruits of repentance  (Read 389 times)
Tasnia

Reps: 64

« on: Aug 12, 2012 09:49 PM »

Ramadhan is leaving us so quickly so I thought this might help everyone, including myself, to make the most of the last few days. Who knows maybe tonight is the Night of Power? Smiley

Repentance is a huge part of ramdhan because as certain hadith states that past sins can be forgiven if we seek the pleasure of Allah. This is an amazing gift Allah has granted the nation of the Quran. Can you imagine your slate being wiped clean, your book which the angels are writing to be erased of every guilty deed, to be as pure and innocent as a child?

Subhanallah, how merciful are Lord is we will never comprehend. His kindness is truly boundless.

Remember my brothers and sisters that it is in the nature of humans to make mistakes. By Allah, even the prophets and martyrs were human. Did Adam (as) not eat the forbidden fruit? Did Yunus (as) run away from Allah?

They made mistakes just like us. But the difference between us and them? They did not despair. They raised their empty hands to the Almighty in hope of forgiveness. Why? Because their trust was in Allah, Al Ghafar.

So do not think Allah will not forgive no matter how badly you have strayed. "O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind.

O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you.

O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

Repentance is accepted so long as you are firm in your heart that you will not commit that sin again. But if you were to fall into that sin again after your repentance, and it had been scincere, make tawbah again.
Allah does not look at the amount of times you repent, rather He looks at the quality, your scincerity.

I end with the example of Ali (ra) and the Prophet (saw).

One time the sahaba came to find Ali (ra) in ruku after isha. They came back after fajr to find him in ruku. But the difference? His beard was soaked and there was a puddle beneath it.

Ali (ra) was one of the ten promised jannah. By Allah, this was the extent of his worry, of his repentance to his Lord.

And then the one who was the most beloved and best of mankind. The prophet (saw) used to pray until his feet ached. His wife once asked him why, obviously thinking that if any one was going heaven it was him even without additanal prayers and duas.

His reply was, "Am I not a grateful slave?"

"Verily, We have made this quran easy for remembrence." Surah 17

"My dua is a witness to my poverty...so save me with a gentleness, O Lord of Lords." - Imam Al Haddad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: