Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a day of judgement.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eid Diaries  (Read 1251 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Aug 19, 2012 06:41 PM »

I guess last year we had a thread where everybody posted about eid in their part of the world. Anybody willing to do it this time as well?
ruhee
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
ruhee has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2012 12:14 AM »

This is where Eid was for us...

ruhee
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2012 12:28 AM »

Some pics from last years which was at a different venue...

poor mom!

Took a video of this guy, he spins it so fast to get it that big - like in 20 seconds
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2012 01:32 AM »

Took a video of this guy, he spins it so fast to get it that big - like in 20 seconds
Is he making mutabbaq?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2012 05:41 AM »

Salam,

Awww Eid diaries are so fun. I'll add a quick summary of ours...

This year Alhamdulillah all the Mosques in a crazy miraculous coincidence did Eid the SAME DAY lol. So it was really nice. We went to one of the Eid prayers which was in a university gym. Prayer started at 8am sharp and then the khutbah was really good along with the dua. Then everyone hugged and said Eid Mubarak. A lot of old and new faces which is always so touching.

After that we went to Dunkin Donuts to get our caffeine fix!! lol Awesome after a long Ramadan of nothing in the mornings! I sent and received some Eid Mubarak texts from a few people. Then we headed over to a place where they organized a pot luck brunch. There we ate some yummy food and sat at tables and talked. Then we headed home and passed out for a few hours! Got some Eidi from our pops!! (No one is too old for Eidi I say!!)

After that one of the Mosques here organized a huge Eid Carnival for the kids. So we took the kids and went over and they had not one, not two, but FOUR bouncy bounces!! So it was massive chaos after that Wink which included lots of cotton candy and kool aid and popcorn and that was just myself! Wink I also "tested" one of the bouncy bouces for baby safety and wow those things are pretty crazy and fun Smiley Then we prayed at the Mosque there and went out shopping to get a few things.

At home we had some dinner and hung out and our family from India called and we all wished each other Eid Mubaraks. All in all a nice Eid day Wink

Here's a few pics:

ruhee
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2012 11:01 AM »

Is he making mutabbaq?

Yes! Wow you actually know what its called! I'm impressed.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2012 11:03 AM »

Lol you can't live in Saudi and return without eating mutabbaq.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2012 11:05 AM »

Isn't it Malay though? Or at least I assumed so.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2012 11:07 AM »

I have no idea where it originated from but you can find it all around Saudi. Maybe throughout the middle east as well.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2012 11:11 AM »

It was nice though, romali roti type.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2012 07:02 PM »

PS Heres more pics of the carnival in the local paper here!

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/A-rewarding-celebration-3799806.php#photo-3347585
akhan
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2012 07:32 PM »

Assalamualaikum
Our eid was on monday.

So....as always, my eid is pretty simple and I've always seen it as a day of rest after a hectic month. Now, this year's Ramadan wasn't so hectic but lets maintain traditions Tongue

Throughout Ramadan I pretty much slept late or stayed up the whole night and that kinda messed with my internal clock. I couldn't sleep the night before eid, just kept turning and tossing in bed. At 3AM, my sister(the other one, not the water warrior) started a racket in the house and so I couldn't even lie in bed. I got up, locked a room and prayed tahajjud and when the racket died down a little, I readied my clothes etc. I was hoping to have another water war with my sister but she had already woken up Sad

Me and my brother had planned to go to the same place for eid salah that we had gone to last year. I believe that's the only place in Hyderabad where everything is finished off early, by 7:30AM. But then, being Hyderabadis we did manage to squeeze in a delay and therefore had to go to our local masjid where it was at 9AM. We returned home and by then mum had set up a feast - biryani and sheerkhurma. Then I slept like a log till Zuhr. After Zuhr, daddy dearest had called(today was officially his last day at work) and we spoke to him for over an hour, and being dad, it was mostly about my grad school applications, my brother's admission to college etc etc - no mushy stuff lol

After that, much to the frustration of my sisters, I spent a while lazing around while chatting with a friend and then we went to visit our dadi(paternal grandma). Now, she's probably one of the very few women I enjoy being with, and although she's 90 years old, mashallah she's really lively and real fun to be around. I was hoping we would be able to meet our cousins too but they had gone for a movie.

After returning home, I prayed Asr and went back to sleep until Maghrib and then till Isha. Then I watched Masterchef Australia(yea we get to see it after its finished), had dinner and now here I am, typing away, calling my brother every half hour to check whether he's alive in whatever corner of the city he went to with his friends(coz its late and mum can't sleep until he's safely home), listening to mum humming something, thinking about what to do tomorrow and looking forward to a good night's sleep.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2012 08:31 AM »

Lol sounds like a typical hyderabadi eid. We are still having sheer khorma.... Roll Eyes

P.s. Sis Jannah, is that you in the candy floss pic?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Aug 21, 2012 08:36 AM »

Oh we finished off our sheerkhorma last night. Mum's gonna make some more today.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2012 10:02 AM »

Oh we finished off our sheerkhorma last night. Mum's gonna make some more today.

If my mom says that, I would seriously think of running away from home. There is only so much sheer khorma i can handle at once! We covered 11 families so far - not to mention all of our own sheer khorma (my ras malai stock vanished once the kiddies found out).  I am all up for exercising patience till next year to eat sheer khorma and when did eid become sheer khormay ki eid anyway?  Angry
akhan
Bro

« Reply #15 on: Aug 22, 2012 10:06 AM »

Mum was against making more, we pushed her into it coz we like it. And we didn't get 11 families either, maybe 5 people at the most.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #16 on: Aug 22, 2012 12:25 PM »

Eid prayer ground.

ruhee
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2012 06:56 AM »