// Hadith
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith  (Read 41639 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #50 on: Dec 07, 2008 04:50 PM »

Once Abu Umamah asked the Prophet about the rights of parents over their children. The Prophet replied, "They are your Paradise and they are your Hell."

-Reported by Abu Umamah

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed. Copyright 1999.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #51 on: Dec 26, 2008 08:47 AM »

A wise man works modestly toward the hereafter while a foolish man follows his low desires yet expects blessings from Allah.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Shaddad bin Aus

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #52 on: Dec 26, 2008 08:50 AM »

Your worst enemy lies between your two ribs.

-Saying of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) in Khanaqahi: Guzida

From "The Wisdom of Sufism," compiled by Leonard Lewisohn.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #53 on: Dec 26, 2008 09:04 AM »

Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to God, and fighting with him is infidelity.

-The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #54 on: Dec 26, 2008 09:05 AM »

There are ninety-nine names that are attributed to Allah. Those who invoke them shall enter Paradise.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #55 on: Dec 26, 2008 09:11 AM »

The Merciful is kind to those who are merciful. If you show compassion to your fellow creatures in this world, then those in heaven shall be compassionate toward you.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as narrated by Abd'Allah bin Amr

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #56 on: Dec 26, 2008 09:12 AM »

The best among you are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it to others.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Uthman bin Affan

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #57 on: Dec 28, 2008 08:39 AM »

When a person wakes up in the early hours of dawn, an angel proclaims, "Glorify the Lord, Most Holy!"

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam

The Almighty Allah says,

hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #58 on: Jan 04, 2009 04:13 PM »

Malik :: Book 15 : Hadith 15.7.25

Malik related to me from Nuaym ibn Abdullah ibn al-Mujmir from AIi ibn Yahya az-Zuraqi from his father that Rifaa ibn Rafi said, "One day we were praying behind the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, raised his head from ruku and said, 'Allah hears the one who praises Him' (Sami Allahu liman hamidah). A man behind him said, 'Our Lord, praise belongs to you - blessed, pure and abundant praise' (Rabbana wa laka'l hamd kathiran tayiban mubarakan fihi). When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had finished, he said, 'Who was it who spoke just now?' The man said, 'I did, Messenger of Allah,' and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'I saw more than thirty angels rushing to it to see which one of them would record it first.' "

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Halima
Sis

« Reply #59 on: Jan 07, 2009 02:14 PM »

Narrated Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him) : The Prophet (May peace be upon him) said:

(( Name yourselves with my name (use my name) but do not name yourselves with my kunya name (i.e. Abul Qasim), And whoever sees me in a dream then surely he has seen me for satan cannot impersonate me, And whoever tells a lie against me intentionally then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire )).

Sahih Al-Bukhari

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2009 02:24 PM »

When Allah desires the redemption of His People, He causes them to suffer in this world. But when He is averse, He leaves them to transgress until death overtakes.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

The Almighty Allah says,

faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
faatimahbintabdullah has no influence :(

Love your brother and sister for the sake of Allah

« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2009 03:20 PM »

One whose intention is not pure will deserve hell.  Purity of intention is essential in all deeds

Narrated abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:
The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

[Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

[Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasa'i).

My Allah guide my son to the righteous path
Mohammed AbdulMaged Elsayed 10/19/08 2months and three weeks
faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
faatimahbintabdullah has no influence :(

Love your brother and sister for the sake of Allah

« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2009 03:28 PM »

The purity of intention is behind any deed. If you spend for show, there is no reward. Eventually, if one loves another for something worldly this shall not count in the hereafter. But for the sake of Allah is great virtue in the hereafter. Such love can be a Muslim's love to learn from him or take as a compainion for good deeds, without any worldly considerations, once there is something worldly, the intention is not pure

My Allah guide my son to the righteous path
Mohammed AbdulMaged Elsayed 10/19/08 2months and three weeks
Halima
Sis

« Reply #63 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:39 AM »

The Merciful is kind to those who are merciful. If you show compassion to your fellow creatures in this world, then those in heaven shall be compassionate toward you.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:40 AM »

Those who show compassion to the weak, treat parents gently, and pardon the enslaved shall be granted an easy death and the delights of Paradise.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Ja'bir bin Abd'Allah

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:52 AM »

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

A man's prayer in congregation is more valuable than twenty degrees and some above them as compared with his prayer in his house and his market, for when he performs ablution doing it well, then goes out to the mosque, and he is impelled (to do so) only by (the love of congregational) prayer, he has no other objective before him but prayer. He does not take a step without being raised a degree for it and having a sin remitted for it, till he enters the mosque, and when he is busy in prayer after having entered the mosque. the angels continue to invoke blessing on him as long as he is in his place of worship. saying: O Allah, show him mercy, and pardon him! Accept his repentance (and the angels continue this supplication for him) so long as he does not do any harm in it, or as long as his ablution is not broken.

( Muslim Book 004, Number 1394)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #66 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:55 AM »

Narrated by Abu Hazim from Sahl bin Sa'd The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wassallam) said,

"I am your predecessor (forerunner) at the Lake-Fount, and whoever will pass by there, he will drink from it and whoever will drink from it, he will never be thirsty. There will come to me some people whom I will recognize, and they will recognize me, but a barrier will be placed between me and them." The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wassallam) said: 'I will say: "They are of me (i.e. my followers)." It will be said, "You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you left." I [Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wassallam)] will say, "Far removed, far removed (from mercy), those who changed (their religion) after me.")

(Sahih BukhariVol 8:#585)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #67 on: Mar 02, 2009 05:15 PM »

Abu Hurairah (ra) reported that he heard the prophet Peace be upon him asking:

"Let someone imagine he had a river flowing in front of his house where he washes himself five times a day, would this leave any dirt on him?"
He companions replied:
"Nothing of his dirt will remain"
The prophet Peace be upon him then said:
"This is exactly like the five daily prayers by which Allah wipes out one's sins"

(Bukhari)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #68 on: Mar 02, 2009 05:24 PM »

Ibn ‘Umar said the Prophet said:

“O people! Indeed, you will die and you will go to Allah. May Allah have mercy on an ‘Abd (servant of Allah) who talked and earned goodness, or kept quiet and stayed safe.”

“Indeed, the tongue controls the person more than anything else.”

“Surely, all the human’s talk is against him except the remembrance of Allah, or bidding good, or forbidding evil, or making peace between the believers is for him.”

Mu’adh said: “O Messenger of Allah! Will we be judged by what we say?”

He said: “Is there anything which throws people into Hell except the harvest of their tongues? He who wants to be safe, he should control what his tongue says, and guard his heart, and do good deeds and limit his hopes.”

A few days later, the following verse was revealed:

“There is no good in much of their secret conferences save (in) him who=2 0enjoins sadaqah (charity) or kindness or peace-making among the people. Whoso does that, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall bestow on him a vast reward.” (an-Nisa’ 4:114)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #69 on: Mar 06, 2009 12:02 AM »

from Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 33:

Book 33, Number 4183:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) saw a boy with part of his head shaved and part left unshaven. He forbade them to do that, saying: Shave it all or leave it all.

Allah (swt) has given us detailed info on how to live our lives through Prophet Muhammad (saw)... even smallest details as to how to get our hair cut...
May Allah (swt) give the true understanding our Deen. Ameen

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #70 on: Mar 06, 2009 12:03 AM »

Abdullah ibn Umar and reported by Al-Tirmidhi (hadith no. 5087) and lbn Majah:

He who mixes with people and endures the harm they do is better than he who does not mix with them or endure the harm they do.

as Muslims we are to meet and interact with each other, rather to isolate ourselves... sure doing this is much tougher since you are likely to face other Muslims comments/questions/criticism... but this is where we have an opportunity to "encourage good and forbid evil"
May Allah (swt) guide us all to the true path of Islam.
Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #71 on: Mar 06, 2009 12:21 AM »

A true Muslim is the one who does not defame or abuse others; but the truly righteous becomes a refuge for humankind, their lives and their properties.

The Almighty Allah says,

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #72 on: Mar 09, 2009 11:44 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

In this month of Rabi ul Awwal, it is not uncommon to think about our Prophet [pbuh] and of his life.

The following Hadith is one of those which always remind me of what great character he had and how much we have to do to try and emulate him:

I visited Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he was lying on a mat.

I sat down and he drew up his lower garment over him and he had nothing (else) over him, and that the mat had left its marks on his sides. I looked with my eyes in the store room of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I found only a handful of barley equal to one sa' and an equal quantity of the leaves of Mimosa Flava placed in the nook of the cell, and a semi-tanned leather bag hanging (in one side), and I was moved to tears (on seeing this extremely austere living of the Holy Prophet), and he said: Ibn Khattab, what wakes you weep?

I said: Apostle of Allah, why should I not shed tears?

This mat has left its marks on your sides and I do not see in your store room (except these few things) that I have seen; Ceasar and Closroes are leading their lives in plenty whereas you are Allah's Messenger. His chosen one, and that is your store!

He said: Ibn Khattab, aren't you satisfied that for us (there should be the prosperity) of the Hereafter, and for them (there should be the prosperity of) this world?

[Muslim]

Now it may well be that we read this hadith and learn about the humility we should have no matter what our social standing.

What always gets me, however, is our Prophet’s [pbuh] complete love and devotion for the world to come such that the ‘marks’ left on his sides were nothing more than a trifling inconvenience in comparison to that goal.

InshaAllah may we also attain to the level whereby our own personal ‘marks’ are nothing but a brief interlude in comparison to the Hereafter.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Halima
Sis

« Reply #73 on: Mar 10, 2009 05:09 PM »

Jabir radiallahu Anhu reports that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“When a person enters his house and remembers Almighty Allah when entering the house and takes Allah’s name before partaking of his meal, Shaytaan (satan) announces (to his companions) there is no accommodation and meals for you. If a person enters his house without remembering Almighty Allah and eats without taking Allah’s name, Shaytaan announces that we have found accommodation and meals”.

(Muslim)

Commentary

We all return home everyday after a tiring day at work. We long to see our family and children at the end of the day. In the excitement of embracing ones family and kids, many tend to neglect the Sunnah manner of entering the house.

Ayesha radiallahu anha reports that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم used to make Salaam whenever he entered the home. Salaam invokes the peace and mercy of Allah on the inhabitants of the house.

Abdullah bin Abbas radiallahu Anhu reports that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم told to him “Make Salaam when entering your home, it will be a means of peace and blessings upon you and your family”.

We learn from the above Hadith, a person unmindful of the name of Allah when entering the home, enters with Shaytaan. Shaytaan deprives the home of Allah’s mercy and thereby create unnecessary quarrels and differences in the home.

Lesson of the day
Enter our HOMES with the peace and blessings of Allah rather than entering with the evil Shaytaan.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #74 on: Mar 10, 2009 05:11 PM »

The Lord Almighty ordained, "Find leisure for My service and I shall fill your hearts with peace and enrich you in bounty."

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah

The Almighty Allah says,

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: