// Hadith
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Those who Know they do not Know that to Know is to Know what they do not Know!  - (Aveccina) Ali Sina
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith  (Read 41569 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #75 on: Mar 10, 2009 05:12 PM »

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

Once the people of Quba fought with each other till they threw stones on each other. When Allah's Apostle was informed about it, he said, "Let us go to bring about a reconciliation between them."

(Bukhari Volume 3, Book 49, Number 858)

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #76 on: Mar 13, 2009 02:45 PM »

Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
I heard the Messenger of Allah  (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) saying,

"When you hear the Adhan, repeat what the Mu'adhdhin says.
Then ask Allah to exalt my mention because everyone who does so
will receive in return ten rewards from Allah.
Then beseech Allah to grant me Al-Wasilah,
which is a high rank in Jannah,
fitting for only one of Allah's slaves;
and I hope that I will be that man.
If any one asks Al-Wasilah for me,
it becomes incumbent upon me to intercede for him.''

[Muslim]

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #77 on: Mar 16, 2009 01:58 AM »

Narrated by Abu Huraira

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wassallam) said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (Modesty) is a part of faith."

(Bukhari Vol 1:Cool

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #78 on: Mar 16, 2009 02:31 AM »

Children of Adam! Distribute your surplus wealth in the name of Allah; it will earn you more merit. Do not hold it back. You must not be remembered for miserliness, so begin with those closest to you.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Umamah

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #79 on: Mar 16, 2009 02:32 AM »

Blessed are the ones who rely on Allah and have surrendered themselves before His will, who are grateful in prosperity and patient in adversity.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Shu'aib bin Se'nam

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #80 on: Mar 24, 2009 10:43 PM »

Take to compassion and abstain from oppression and obscenity. Compassion is grace and the lack of it a disgrace.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Aisha bint Abu Bakr

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #81 on: Mar 24, 2009 10:47 PM »

97(عن أنس بن مالك قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : « إذا استحلت أمتي ستا فعليهم الدمار : إذا ظهر فيهم التلاعن ، وشربوا الخمور ، ولبسوا الحرير ، واتخذوا القيان (1) ، واكتفى الرجال بالرجال ، والنساء بالنساء

Anas (radiallahu anhu) says that Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:

“When my Ummah will consider six things to be lawful, destruction will betide them; when quarreling and disputes will become common among them, they (my Ummah) will consume alcohol, they (men) will wear silk, they will be addicted to music, men will suffice to men (to fulfill their intimate desires) and women will suffice to woman”. (Tabraani 3/97).

Commentary

As we pass through the passage to time this prophecy of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is becoming a reality. The Ummah is constantly gripped by conflict and quarrels. Alcohol, intoxicants, drugs have become a source of pride and honour. The issue of intoxicants have peaked to such an extent that those who abstain from such filth and Haraam are considered to be backward and reserved. In some instances those who do not part take of wine cannot progress in some spheres of life especially in the fast moving corporate world.

Allah has made the wearing of silk forbidden for the men of this Ummah. Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said “Whoever (men) wears silk in this world, he will be deprived from the silk garments of Jannah”.

Music has penetrated the Ummah in many ways to such an extent that it is no more considered a sin to listen to music. It is haraam and forbidden to listen to music. It is also significant to mention that nowadays there are many Muslim “artists” who regularly launch their Kuffar style “albums” and consider it to be a Shariah alternate to music. However, if one hears such “Anaasheed” or “Nazms” it’s no different from the Haraam music. It is therefore important to abstain from listening to such Haraam “Albums” that represent the Kuffar style music. (A complete article has been prepared by the Darul Iftaa on this issue. To obtain a free copy, kindly email your request to alinaam@alinaam.org.za )

The issue of same sex marriages has been prophesized by our Nabi fourteen centuries ago. This filth and Haraam has now become a reality in the name of Freedom and Rights. Nikah is the natural way to fulfill ones desires. It is for this reason Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has encouraged the youth to marry once they are able to do so. He said “When a boy and girl reaches a marriageable age and a suitable spouse has been found, do not delay in performing the Nikah, otherwise evil and mischief will spread upon the earth”.

May Allah grant us the ability to practice upon this Hadith and give us the strength and courage to abstain from all these sins, Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #82 on: Mar 28, 2009 07:36 PM »

Abu Huraira (radiyallahu anhu) states that Rasulullah (Salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said,

“Charity does not decrease wealth and Allah will not increase a person who forgives except in honor and no one humbles himself except that Allah will elevate him.” (Sahih Muslim)

Commentary

Sadaqah (charity) in reality is an investment for the Hereafter. Whatever we spend in the name of Allah will become a source of comfort in the Aakirah. By offering Sadaqah, one tends to feel that the money is decreasing. We learn from this Hadith that in reality the money is increased. Ulama explain that the money which is left attracts such Barakah (blessings) from Allah that one is able to accomplish much more with the money than anticipated.

The second issue is Allah increases ones honour and dignity by forgiving and overlooking others. It is natural that when a persons respect, dignity and honour is attacked, he strives to defend it at the cost of injuring and harming others. Furthermore, by adopting this method, the respect and dignity is not guaranteed. However, as the Hadith prescribes that to overlook and forgive the person who attacks only earns more respect and dignity. In this instance the respect is guaranteed.

And whoever humbles himself for Allah, Allah only exalts his position. We are living in a time when every person is striving for fame. They are so blinded by this crave that they wish to earn this fame to the extent of humiliating themselves in things that are considered to be immoral and evil. Hence, we find people being recorded for longest nails, pubic hair etc. Furthermore, the wealth that Allah has blessed us should not be a means of pride and haughtiness. For this a person should never forget is humble beginnings. Always remind your family of your hard times and that will assist them to remain humble and modest.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #83 on: Mar 28, 2009 07:40 PM »

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radi Allah Ta'lah Anhu):

Allah's Apostle (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "Whoever learns astrology learns a branch of sorcery. He adds what he likes.(Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah transmitted it. 4598 of Mishkat al-Masabih)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #84 on: Mar 28, 2009 07:43 PM »

Sahl b. Sa'd as-Sa'idi reported that a person peeped through the hole of the door of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and he had with him some pointed thing with which he had been adjusting (the hair of his head).

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: If I were to know that you had been peeping. I would have thrust it in your eyes. Allah has prescribed seeking permission because of protection against glance.
(Muslim Book 25, Number 5367)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #85 on: Mar 31, 2009 06:58 PM »

Abu Shuraih Radiallu Anhu reports that Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:

“Whoever believes in Allah and the last day should be kind towards his neighbour, whoever believes in Allah and the last day should honour his guest and whoever believes in Allah and the last day should say that which is good or else remain silent."

Commentary

Every utterance of our Beloved Nabi is full of beauty and wisdom. His advice is short and concise but is sufficient to convey volumes of lessons. This Hadith reminds us of three important issues.

Kindness towards ones neighbours is an important part of our Deen. Islam encourages us to be kind and considerate to our neighbours. In fact a sign of a true believer is that he is kind to his neighbours. In one hadith Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said “He is not a true Mu’min who spends the night on a full stomach while his neighbour remains hungry” (Haakim).

In the apartheid era (in South Africa ) when the group areas act was enforced, Muslims were surrounded by their Muslims friends. However, when democracy was established, many Muslims moved into the various outlined suburbs which are predominantly inhabited by non Muslims. This provides an ideal opportunity to present the beauty of Islam to our non Muslim neighbours. We should meet them and attract them to Islam with Akhlaaq and sound Islamic morals. Try to help them rather than causing harm to them.

The second advice is to honour ones guest. This was a common feature in the Sahabah. They entertained their guest even though it meant to sacrifice their own desires. It is unfortunate nowadays the custom of entertaining guests is diminishing from the Ummah. It is for this reason there has been a steady increase in the number of restaurants in our country. In previous times our forefathers would never allow a guest to leave a town until he shared a meal or a night with them. That was the fundamental reason for Allah’s mercy and Barakah to descend upon them. This approach of theirs also contributed towards the love and unity among them.

The third advice is to protect our tongue. Many get involved in unnecessary issues due to the evils of their tongues. Many talk without pondering over what they say. Sometimes their utterances cause such damage to others that the damage is irreparable. A simple prescription is given by Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم). Say that what is beneficial otherwise remain silent.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #86 on: Apr 06, 2009 12:44 PM »

Do we consider how much time we spend on activities that are not truly beneficial?

On the issue of how one benefits from one’s free time, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,
“There are two blessings whose profit [or reward] many people lose: good health and free time” (Al-Bukhari)

One may ask, “What, from the Shareeah point of view, is the problem with, for example, watching a football game for three hours?”

It is not just a question of “what is the problem with it?” The issue for a Muslim is: do I really have that time to spend wherein I am not benefiting myself at all? Can I afford to lose that time which I will never get back again? When I stand in front of Allah, can I really feel that I have used that free time, which is a bounty from Allah, in an acceptable fashion?

When the goal and purpose of a Muslim’s life is clear in his mind [to please Allah and achieve Paradise], he will not waste a lot of time in doing things that do not benefit him in achieving that goal and purpose. All his activities will be focused on the idea of moving him toward his goal—neither away from it nor in a static position with respect to it.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with rest and relaxation when needed. Indeed, it is a necessity. However, it could be argued that there are some ways that are simply non-beneficial or perhaps even harmful.

Source: “Purification of the Soul”-Jamaal al-Din M. Zarabozo
http://soundvisioncanada.com/?3397/Shop/pview.asp?Item=4317-014

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #87 on: Apr 06, 2009 01:20 PM »

Your pleas shall be answered, but wait patiently for the Lord to respond. Do not lose hope and begin to complain, "I beseeched the Lord, but He never responded."

-The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Sahih al-Bukhari

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #88 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:23 AM »

What I fear most for my people are the hypocrites, who talk wisely, yet act unjustly.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Umar bin al-Khattab

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #89 on: Apr 19, 2009 05:21 AM »

Allah is compassionate and loves compassion in all things.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by A'ishah bint Abu Bakr

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #90 on: Apr 19, 2009 05:32 AM »

There is a key for everything, and the key to Paradise is to love the poor.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Ibn Umar

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #91 on: Apr 26, 2009 03:38 AM »

A companion of the Prophet, Yusuf bin Abdillaah bin Salaam (may Allah be pleased with him), narrated:

I saw the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) taking a slice of barley bread. He put a date on it and said, "This is the curry of that." He then ate it.

Commentary

Mawlana Zakariyya Kandalwi comments:
Dates were not used as a condiment, hence the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) suggested that it can be used in place of curry. A few days of one´s life can be passed in this manner. One should spend one´s life on things that will benefit in the hereafter and forever. It should be pondered upon and all one´s time should not be wasted in maintaining and nourishing the stomach. It is very foolish to do so. The few days granted in this world will, in any way, pass. Death brings an end to all difficulties. We should ponder on those things that even death cannot bring an end to.

Reference

Ash-Shamaail lit-Tirmizi, Chapter on the curry of Rasulullah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam).

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #92 on: Apr 26, 2009 03:49 AM »

Eat what you want and dress up as you desire, as long as extravagance and pride do not mislead you.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abd’Allah ibn Abbas

The Almighty Allah says,

In the Name of Allah
bismillah hir rahman nir rahim
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
In the Name of Allah has no influence :(

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2009 08:26 PM »

hadith al qudsi
messenger of allah (peace be upon him )said

that Allah subano wa tala said:

"  O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded them (the women emigrants) to be regular (in remembering Allah by saying): "Allah is most great"; "Glory be to the King, the Holy"; "there is no god but Allah"; and that they should count them on fingers, for they will be questioned and asked to speak
In the Name of Allah
bismillah hir rahman nir rahim
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
In the Name of Allah has no influence :(

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2009 05:30 PM »

In the battle of Uhud, the Shuhada', after seeing their reward and honor with Allah Ta'ala, longed to tell their brothers that had not yet met martyrdom of the blessing that they had recieved. 

The Prophet (SAAS) said, "When your brothers were martyred at Uhud, Allah placed their souls inside green birds which drink from the rivers of Paradise, eat of it's fruits and seek shelter in lamps of gold which are suspended in the shade of the Arsh (the throne)  When they saw how beautiful their food, drink, and abode was, they pleaded, "Who will tell our brothers about us, that we are alive in Paradise and being amply provided for, so that they will not turn away from Jihad or abandon the battlefields.  Allah ta'ala said: "I shall tell them!"  The verse was then sent down:

[Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead, Nay, they are alive with their Lord, provided for/ They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not yet joined them (i.e. not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve.]   - Aali Imran 3/169-170

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded them (the women emigrants) to be regular (in remembering Allah by saying): "Allah is most great"; "Glory be to the King, the Holy"; "there is no god but Allah"; and that they should count them on fingers, for they will be questioned and asked to speak
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #95 on: Jul 23, 2009 06:26 PM »

Slideshow of really nice Hadith on all different topics: http://www.slideshare.net/fforfaisal/hadith-by-topics-good-collection-presentation

Makes for nice reading and learning!!
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #96 on: Oct 12, 2009 01:29 PM »

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barkatuh!

Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported
Allah's Messenger
(may peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)
as saying:

Do you know who is poor?

They (the Companions) said:

A poor man amongst us is one
who has neither dirham with him nor wealth.

He (may peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

The poor of my Umma would be he
who would come on the Day of Resurrecton
with prayers and fasts and Zakat but
(he would find himself bankrupt on that day
as he would have exhausted his funds of virtues)

since he hurled abuses upon others,
brought calumny against others
and unlawfully consumed the wealth of others
and shed the blood of others and beat others,
and his virtues would be credited
to the account of one (who suffered at his hand).

And if his good deeds fall short
to clear the account, then his sins
(the sins of the person who suffered at his hand)
would be entered in (his account)
and he would be thrown in the Hell-Fire.

(Sahih Muslim ~ Book #032, Hadith #6251)

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
hajra
Sis

« Reply #97 on: Oct 17, 2009 11:49 AM »

*Honey: It was narrated by Aisha that "Allah's Apostle used to love sweet and edible things and honey." The Holy Qur’an (16:69) says, "From its [the bee’s] belly, comes forth a drink of varying colors wherein is a cure for people. Surely there is a sign for those who would give thought."

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
hajra
Sis

« Reply #98 on: Oct 23, 2009 04:34 PM »

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuh!

It is narrated on the authority of
Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) that

When the son of Adam recites
the Ayat of sajdah
(prostration)
and then falls down in prostration,
the Satan goes into
seclusion and weeps
and says: Alas!

and in the narration of Abu Kuraib (Allah be pleased with him)
the (Satan's) words are:

Woe unto me!
The son of Adam was commanded to prostrate,

and he prostrated and Paradise was entitled to him
and I was commanded
to prostrate, but I refused
and am doomed to Hell. 

{Sahih Muslim}

(Book #001, Hadith #0144)

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
Halima
Sis

« Reply #99 on: Jan 28, 2011 06:17 PM »

Hadrat Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-Aas (r.a.) reported: “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"Successful is the one who has entered the fold of Islam and is provided with sustenance which is sufficient for his needs, and Allah makes him content with what He has bestowed upon him.''.
Related by Muslim. Hadith# (102)

Commentary:

To be contented with the independent subsistence (Kafaf) has been counted a merit by the Prophet (PBUH) because this prevents one from begging of people. The A’hadith points out the excellence of those people who remain satisfied with their limited resources and do not beg of people. Being content with adequate livelihood has its own merits because affluence often makes a man proud, whereas penury lowers his image in the eyes of people. Yet adequate livelihood has no room for the pitfalls of the two other situations.

The Almighty Allah says,

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: