// Hadith
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Our liberation does not come from liberating our desires (as in the west), but our liberation comes from our enslavement to Allah." - Imam Zaid Shakir
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith  (Read 41659 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Apr 14, 2008 02:58 PM »

The Merciful is kind to those who are merciful. If you show compassion to your fellow creatures in this world, then those in heaven shall be compassionate toward you.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as narrated by Abd'Allah bin Amr

From "The Bounty of Allah."

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008 10:49 AM »

The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry.

-Prophet Muhammad (SAW), from Sayings of Muhammad by Prof. Ghazi Ahmad

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008 10:30 PM »

Good conjecture is a gift from divine grace.

-The Prophet Muhammad, (SAW) as reported by Abu Hurairah

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008 01:13 PM »

Those who glorified Allah both in open and in secret will be the foremost to enter Paradise on the Day of Resurrection.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abd'Allah ibn Abbas

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2008 08:28 PM »

Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day either speak good or be silent. Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day honour his neighbour. Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day honour his guest."

(Al-Bukhari)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2008 05:37 PM »

Fear Allah wherever you may be, and repel evil with goodness, for that will efface all its negative results.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Dharr

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2008 05:22 PM »

Those admitted to Paradise shall experience true bliss. Never shall they know want, nor will they suffer old age.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2008 11:12 PM »

The best charity is to satisfy a hungry person.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2008 04:39 PM »

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (Radiallahu Anhu), who said that the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

[Sahih Bukhari]

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2008 04:09 PM »

Narrated Abu Huraira,May Allah be pleased with him , Allah’s Messenger (May peace be upon him) said:

If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it), i.e. the treatment for that disease.

Sahih Al-Bukhari
The Book of Medicine

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2008 06:32 PM »

Allah exalted two kinds of people above others: those who spend in the cause of the Truth, and the judicious who impart their wisdom to others.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Nayeem bin Mas'ud

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2008 05:47 PM »

"Hasten with your charity, because disaster does not trample it." (Prophet Muhammad saw has reported by 'Ali bin Abi Talib

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2008 05:48 PM »

Narrated by ‘Aishah ® Allah’s Messenger saw said: “Allah is Kind and He loves kindness, and confers upon kindness which He does not confer upon severity, and does not confer upon any thing besides it (kindness).” (Sahih Muslim)

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #13 on: Jul 18, 2008 05:57 PM »

"Fear oppression, because oppression will be intense darkness on the Day of the Resurrection." (Prophet Muhammad saw as reported by Ibn Umar)

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #14 on: Jul 18, 2008 05:58 PM »

Prophet Muhammad saw said: "Take to compassion and abstain from oppression and obscenity. Compassion is grace and the lack of it a disgrace." (reported by Aisha bint Abu Bakr)

Halima
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2008 06:32 PM »

Read the Qur'an as long as you are attentive, but when you feel your attention slip, put the Book away.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Jundub bin Adb'Allah

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2008 04:01 PM »

Prophet Muhammad said saw "A true believer in God is an embodiment of love. There is no goodness in him who does not show affection to others and to whom others do not show affection." --Ahmad

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2008 04:02 PM »

"He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good!" (Prophet Muhammad saw)

Halima
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2008 08:25 PM »

The Lord Almighty ordained, "Find leisure for My service and I shall fill your hearts with peace and enrich you in bounty."

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed. Copyright 1999.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Aug 21, 2008 06:33 PM »

The false promises of a merchant may persuade a buyer into purchasing his (faulty) goods; but these will be deprived of Allah's blessings.

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2008 06:02 PM »

Prophet Muhammad saw said: “The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you.” (At-Tabarani)

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #21 on: Sep 03, 2008 06:06 PM »

"A true believer loves for his brother what he loves for himself."
[The Prophet Muhammad saw as reported by Anas bin Malik]

hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #22 on: Sep 14, 2008 04:17 PM »

No servant is a truthful believer, till .......
Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: No servant (and in the Hadith narrated by 'Abdul-Warith, no person) is a truthful believer, till I become dearer to him than the members of his household, his wealth and the whole of mankind.

Sahih Muslim

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
hajra
Sis

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2008 05:17 PM »

Zakat

Sahih Bukhari Hadith---Giving pledge of allegiance for paying Zakat Hadith 2.478
 Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu) Thy Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) sent Muadh to Yemen and said, "Invite the people to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and I am Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), and if they obey you to do so, then teach them that Allah has enjoined on them five prayers in every day and night (in twenty-four hours), and if they obey you to do so, then teach them that Allah has made it obligatory for them to pay the Zakat from their property and it is to be taken from the wealthy among them and given to the poor."

Sahih Bukhari Hadith Hadith 2.486 Narrated by Abu Huraira (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu) Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "Whoever is made wealthy by Allah and does not pay the Zakat of his wealth, then on the Day of Resurrection his wealth will be made like a baldheaded poisonous male snake with two black spots over the eyes. The snake will encircle his neck and bite his cheeks and say, 'I am your wealth, I am your treasure.'" Then the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) recited the holy verses: 'Let not those who withhold . . .' (to the end of the verse (Surah: 3, Verses: 180).

Spending money righteously: Sahih Bukhari Hadith Hadith 2.490 Narrated by Ibn Masud (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu) I heard the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying, "There is no envy except in two: a person whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it in the right way, and a person whom Allah has given wisdom (i.e. religious knowledge) and he gives his decisions accordingly and teaches it to the others."

Hadith 2.491 Narrated by Abu Huraira (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu) Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "If one give in charity what equals one date-fruit from the honestly earned money --and Allah accepts only the honestly earned money --Allah takes it in His right (hand) and then enlarges its reward for that person (who has given it), as anyone of you brings up his baby horse, so much so that it becomes as big as a mountain.

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
hajra
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2008 04:56 PM »

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Some people who will be scorched by Hell (Fire) as a punishment for sins they have committed, and then Allah will admit them into Paradise by the grant of His Mercy. These people will be called, 'Al-JahannamiyyLin' (the people of Hell)."
Oneness, Uniqueness of Allah (Tawheed)
Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 542

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: