// Hadith
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Nature: The Prophet said: 'If a Muslim plants a seedling or cultivates a field, whenever a bird a human or an animal eats of it, it will be counted as a charity for him.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith  (Read 41480 times)
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 22
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #25 on: Sep 19, 2008 05:01 PM »

"Every night during a certain hour the blessings of both this world and the next are bestowed upon those who seek." (Prophet Muhammad saw as reported by Ja'bir bin Abd'Allah)

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Sep 22, 2008 04:14 PM »

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 32 :: Hadith 230
Narrated Abu Salama bin 'Abdur Rahman:

that he asked 'Aisha "How was the prayer of Allah's Apostle in Ramadan?" She replied, "He did not pray more than eleven Rakat in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to pray four Rakat ---- let alone their beauty and length----and then he would pray four ----let alone their beauty and length ----and then he would pray three Rakat (Witr)." She added, "I asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! Do you sleep before praying the Witr?' He replied, 'O 'Aisha! My eyes sleep but my heart does not sleep."
[/color]

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #27 on: Oct 01, 2008 11:09 PM »

A wise man works modestly toward the hereafter while a foolish man follows his low desires yet expects blessings from Allah.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Shaddad bin Aus

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed. Copyright 1999.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #28 on: Oct 24, 2008 04:24 PM »

When the Prophet saw said: “He will not enter Paradise who has a grain of arrogance in his heart”, a man asked: “A man may like his dress to be nice and his shoes to be nice.” The Prophet said: “Allah is beautiful and loves beauty. Arrogance is to deny rights and look down on people.”

[Abu Dawud, al-Hakim]

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #29 on: Oct 24, 2008 04:25 PM »

Prophet Muhammad saw said: “Whenever a young man honors an older person, God sends him someone who will respect him when he reaches that age.”

[Imam Haddad’s The Lives of Man]

Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #30 on: Oct 25, 2008 08:48 PM »

Allah says, "I am with My servant when he remembers Me and his lips move in My service."

-The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Abu Hurairah

Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed..

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2008 08:54 PM »

This religion is easy. Do not make it a rigor, or you shall be overcome. Be steadfast, seek the closeness of Allah, grow in virtue, and implore His appeasement day and night.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #32 on: Oct 25, 2008 08:57 PM »

When a person wakes up in the early hours of dawn, an angel proclaims, "Glorify the Lord, Most Holy!"

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #33 on: Oct 25, 2008 09:44 PM »

The search of knowledge is an obligation laid on every Muslim.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #34 on: Nov 06, 2008 06:38 PM »

Prophet Muhammad saw said, "A true believer in God is an embodiment of love. There is no goodness in him who does not show affection to others and to whom others do not show affection." (Ahmad)

Halima
Sis

« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2008 06:28 PM »

Ibn Abbas, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He):

"Verily Allah has recorded the good deeds and the evil deeds." Then he clarified that: "Whosoever intends to do a good deed but does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it with Himself as ten good deeds, up to seven hundred times, or more than that. But if he intends to do an evil deed and does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it down as one single evil deed."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2008 06:34 PM »

Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle, the truthful and truly-inspired, said,

"Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him. And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

(Bukhari Volume 8, Book 77, Number 593)

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2008 06:37 PM »

On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"When any one of you sees anything that is disapproved (of by Allah), let him change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his heart, though that is the weakest (kind of) faith."

(Muslim)

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2008 05:25 PM »

The Prophet saw said, "No sin remains minor when accompanied by persistence, and no sin remains major when accompanied by the seeking of forgiveness."

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2008 05:26 PM »

Prophet saw said, "Abandon anything that gives you doubt for what gives you no doubt. Truthfulness is peace of mind and lying is doubt." (Tirmidhi)

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2008 05:28 PM »

Prophet saw said, "Faith wears out in the heart of anyone of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allah to renew the faith in your heart." (Al-Tabarani)

Halima
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2008 05:56 PM »

Every morning two angels come down from the Heaven. One says, "O Allah! Reward all those who give in Your cause," while the other says, "O Allah! Uproot every miser who withholds."

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah

From "The Bounty of Allah." Hadith translated by Aneela Khalid Arshed. Copyright 1999.

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #42 on: Nov 19, 2008 04:33 PM »

Prophet saw said, "Every Muslim has to give in charity." The people then asked: "(But what) if someone has nothing to give, what should he do?" The Prophet replied: "He should work with his hands and benefit himself and also give in charity (from what he earns)." The people further asked: "If he cannot find even that?" He replied: "He should help the needy who appeal for help." Then the people asked: "If he cannot do (even) that?" The Prophet said finally: "Then he should perform good deeds and keep away from evil deeds, and that will be regarded as charitable deeds." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 524)

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #43 on: Nov 19, 2008 04:36 PM »

The Prophet saw said, "That the best of people are those who are useful to others."

Halima
Sis

« Reply #44 on: Nov 23, 2008 10:55 AM »

Once Luqman was asked how he had attained such merit. He replied, "By adhering to virtue, by fulfilling all pledges, and by giving up futile apprehensions."

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Malek bin Hawari

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #45 on: Nov 23, 2008 11:00 AM »

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu);

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) passed by a woman who was weeping beside a grave. He told her to fear Allah and be patient. She said to him, "Go away, for you have not been afflicted with a calamity like mine." And she did not recognize him. Then she was informed that he was the Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam). So she went to the house of the Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) and there she did not find any guard. Then she said to him, "I did not recognize you." He (Sal-allahu- aleihi-wasallam) said, "Verily, the patience is at the first stroke of a calamity."

( Sahih Bukhari Vol 2:372 of Sahih Bukhari )

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #46 on: Nov 23, 2008 11:02 AM »

Narrated from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her)
that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Whoever has a sacrifice to offer,
when the new moon of Dhul-Hijjah begins,
let him not remove anything from his hair or nails
until he has offered the sacrifice”

{ Narrated by Muslim }

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #47 on: Dec 02, 2008 07:05 PM »

The Prophet saw said, "A person should help his brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed. If he is the oppressor he should prevent him from doing it, for that is his help; and if he is the oppressed he should be helped (against oppression)."

[Sahih Muslim]

Halima
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Dec 07, 2008 04:40 PM »

Blessed are the ones who rely on Allah and have surrendered themselves before His will, who are grateful in prosperity and patient in adversity.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Shu'aib bin Se'nam

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #49 on: Dec 07, 2008 04:48 PM »

There is a key for everything, and the key to Paradise is to love the poor.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Ibn Umar

The Almighty Allah says,

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: