Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Vigilance: The Prophet said: 'A believer is not stung from the same hole twice.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's speech  (Read 628 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Sep 07, 2012 04:20 AM »

Title says it all...what did you think?

Personally I'm only just beginning to form my own views and I don't quite know what to say. Being at an international school we watched it together and the different perspectives were amazing. I felt much more cynical than I did back in 2008, and I felt that the speech wasn't as good as I expected.

Also, for me it was a time to question my identity a bit as I come from two countries....when one of them yells that they're the greatest nation, am I obliged to agree? Must I place myself on one of two sides? How should I discuss or think about the elections when they are country-centered and we're so used to thinking religion-centered? Can I even support a candidate if something they support is un-Islamic? Or do I just voice that I feel one candidate is better than the other?

Thoughts?
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2012 12:42 AM »

I didn't listen to his speech.  Actually, I can't listen to the guy without wanting to vomit.

Remember, Actions speak louder than Words:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: