Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 21, 2014 01:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A beauty that cannot be described  (Read 403 times)
Tasnia

Reputation Power: 6
Tasnia has no influence :(

« on: Sep 10, 2012 11:33 PM »

How beautiful Islam is I can't explain. Not to you, not to people I know, not even to myself.  I want you to see its light, not with your eyes, oh my sister and brother, but with your heart.
I want to show you what holds the believers in perfect unison, pressing our foreheads to the cold ground, in pursuit of something. Something that You and I have forgotten. Something that the world has taken from us.

But I know its there. I feel it and so do You, we just need to know how to get it back again.
'It' is called faith.
Sometimes holding onto faith is like a part of you. Other times it is like holding the sun in your hands.

It is difficult, I know. I know you are tired, oh Mothers of our ummah, when waking up for fajr because its the only moment of peace your time and children allow you to have.
I know, Fathers, that you are exhausted when you arrive from work and your patience runs thin.

There are always times when everything feels against us. Sometimes when we cry or are angered we think one hears us, hears our pain and grief.
But I assure you there is someone Who listens. He counts your tears and waits. Waits for you to call onto Him just once, to Him alone, to shower upon you drops of mercy for the tears that run down onto your palms.

He loves you. He loves to love you. He is Allah, Al Wadood, Most Loving.  Such is the beauty of our Lord and His religion.

There's more.

There's a man who loves you, who calls you his Beloved ones. He will come to the believers in the Akirah, and he will recognise you for the light that shines forth from the parts of your body that bathed in water for wudu, and he will take you to Jannah. He lived in the deserts of Arabia, where the sky was almost painfully blue and the winds scorching hot. The mountains and trees mourned for him when his chest heaved his last breath. The children sang to his kindness and laughter.

Do you see yet, do you see the beauty that cannot truly be described? There are no words for it. Such are the matters of the heart. It can't be explained, it can't be expressed, through these weak words of mine stringed together. It has to be felt to be known. That is why Allah does not look at our beauty, not the colour of  skin and eyes or how skinny or pretty we are.

He looks at our heart and sees whether the beauty of Islam has touched it yet.

"Verily, We have made this quran easy for remembrence." Surah 17

"My dua is a witness to my poverty...so save me with a gentleness, O Lord of Lords." - Imam Al Haddad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: