// Duah for who first?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today - El-Malik el-Shabbaz (Malcolm X)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duah for who first?  (Read 1634 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Sep 26, 2012 04:57 AM »

I have been told many times that one should make Duah for oneself firstly and then follow with duahs for others.
I always start my Duah with supplication for my adult son who passed away. Is this wrong.
 Following thisI many times slip into duah for other people who are in need and lastly add myself.
Should we supplicate for the departed after our own Duah?

Ma Salama

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2012 10:16 AM »

I am not talking from a learned perspective as I've not been taught what you say.

When I make duas. I firstly praise Allah, do istighfar, then I recite the durood to send blessings upon the Prophet (saw), then I call upon Allah using his beautiful names (I've actually managed to memorise quite a few this way), then I pray for my parents and my children and friends and family and anyone who as asked me to remember them in my duas, then I ask for me.

I was told that all duas one makes for others the angels reply Ameen and the same for you...or something like that.

You can make duas for the departed too, my mum usually makes supplication for them before making duas for ourselves.

Dunno. Ask your imam if you're really concerend, or listen to the way they make duas that should give you an idea of the best way to make duas.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2012 07:18 PM »

Salam,

I have read before in etiquettes of Dua one should ask for oneself before asking for others. (because on the Day of J. it's going to be all about you and you're not responsible for anyone elses salvation) It's probably not so hard to switch the order around. Sometimes we get in the habit of saying duas in a certain way, even long Arabic one's forgetting what they mean! so might be good to go over them and switch them around every so often.

wsalam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: