// Nikah Ceremony
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it. - Hassan al-Basri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikah Ceremony  (Read 7663 times)
ume bilal
Sis

Reputation Power: 9
ume bilal has no influence :(

« on: Apr 17, 2008 11:27 PM »

Assalamo Ailkum.
My son will be getting married within the next few weeks....the girl is not Muslim. Insha Allah she will convert. I am hoping for this..

Next week we are due to see the Imam Insha Allah......

Naturally Surah Fatiha will be read at the Nikah ....please can anyone advise any other surahs to be read...
Insha Allah all will go smoothly.
Please make duah ...
Salaams.
JJ
al-waaha
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
al-waaha has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008 10:55 AM »

as salaamu alaikum

wish for them ; your son and his spouse, happeness and succeful nikah. you dont need to read fatiha or any other surah ; prophet  Mihammed (saw) ; sahaabah and  taabe'en were  not reading it for nikah . its simply a tradition in some arab muslim countries . sister islam wages a war against traditions or any other habits that may damage the reason of muslim message .
salam
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008 10:13 PM »

Walaikum salam wa rahmatullah wb,

All praise be to Allah.

I recommend that you follow the recommendations of your Imam.  I am sure that he is well versed in the rulings of marriage.  As far as I have heard from the Ulema, it is not forbidden to recite Quran during a wedding cermony.  However, you should listen to your Imam in this regard.

And Allah knows better.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
al-waaha
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
al-waaha has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008 04:00 PM »

as salaam alaikum
if you are sure that it is well versed in the rulings of marriage it will be very nice of you to provide any ayah or hadeeth states it.

al-waaha

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008 01:14 AM »

Walaikum salam wrt wb honorable sister,

All praise be to Allah.

You are justified in asking for evidence regarding this issue.  The reason I asked the sister to refer to her Imam is because the manner of wedding ceremonies, after having fulfilled the conditions of an Islamic wedding contract, fall under the category of 'Urf (traditions and customs).

The Shariah does not seek to reject all expressions of tradition.  It only rejects what is contrary to the Laws of Allah.  In fact, sometimes 'Urf becomes binding Islamically.

For example, if someone purchases a car, and the 'Urf in that country is that the car comes with gas in the tank, it is not permissable to deliver the car with an empty gas tank, though contractually they only bought the car, and not the gas.

The Fuqaha named this rule: "Al ma'roof 'urfan kal mashroot shartan."  (What is customary amongst people is similar to a binding condition.)

Anyway, the reason I said I do not know any scholars who forbade reading Quran is because the manner of the wedding ceremony is from 'urf, and if it does not contradict the Quran and Sunnah, then we should not be too strict on the people.

Having said that, if you know the names of any scholars who forbid reading the Quran, please let me know.  I would be happy to learn.

And Allah knows better.

Shaykh Munajjid says:

With regard to having a wedding party in the Islamic manner, you have to keep away from the things which are forbidden in sharee’ah but which many people do not pay attention to during celebrations, such as the following: 

With regard to the woman: going to a male, non-mahram hairdresser to have her hair done; or adorning herself in ways that are haraam, such as thinning the eyebrows by plucking them, or wearing tattoos, or wearing hair extensions, or other kinds of haraam things, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who plucks eyebrows and the one who has that done, the one who adds hair extensions and the one who asks to have that done; imitating the kuffaar in their dress, because usually the wedding dress shows many of the woman's charms and her body, in such a way that the dress is very revealing - we seek refuge with Allaah – and also a great deal of money is wasted on the dress. 

Among the haraam actions that have to do with the man are: shaving his beard for the wedding night, which is done on the grounds that this makes him look more handsome, but this is something which is haraam according to sharee’ah; letting one's clothes hang below the ankle (isbaal). 

There follows a list of haraam things which both men and women should avoid in the wedding party: 

1- Mixing of men with women, and things that are involved in that, such as greeting and shaking hands with one another, and men and women dancing together, because all of that is haraam and is a very serious matter.

2- Taking pictures, whether men do that amongst themselves or women do that amongst themselves.

3- Drinking alcohol or eating pork.

4- Letting the husband come in to where the women are in order to take his wife.

5- Women wearing revealing, tight or short clothes amongst themselves, because this is haraam – so how about wearing such things in front of men?

6- People should avoid spending extravagantly or going to extremes in showing off in wedding parties, because that may wipe out the blessing.

7- The husband and wife exchanging rings and thus imitating the kuffaar, thinking that this will increase the husband’s love for his wife and vice versa. 

Finally, both partners should know that the more the teachings of Islam are followed in the wedding party, the more blessed their marriage will be, the more love and harmony there will be between them, and the less problems they will encounter in their married life. For if the married life is based from the outset on haraam things which go against the commands of Allaah, how can they expect the marriage to be successful after that? There have been many marriages in which there were things that went against the commands of Allaah, and they did not last. Fear Allaah with regard to this party and keep it free of things that are forbidden in Islam. May Allaah bless you both. We ask Allaah to give you and your husband strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad. 

And Allaah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: