Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taj Arabia anyone?  (Read 1340 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 04, 2012 04:13 PM »

Let it never be said that Dubai does anything halfway Wink So who would go visit??  bebzi

==============================

Taj Mahal replica to be built in Dubai

BBC
The original Taj Mahal in the Indian city of Agra The iconic Taj Mahal is a Unesco World Heritage site and was built in the 17th Century

A $1bn (£621m) project to build a replica of the Taj Mahal has been unveiled in the Gulf emirate of Dubai.

The Taj Arabia complex would be much bigger than the original monument to love and include a 300-room hotel, shops and commercial buildings, developer Arun Mehra said.

It would be ready by 2014 and be known as the "New City of Love", he said.

The complex will also house other structures such as the Eiffel Tower, Pyramids and the Great Wall of China.

The Taj Mahal, which is situated in the northern Indian town of Agra, is a Unesco World Heritage site.

It was completed more than 350 years ago by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a shrine for his wife Mumtaz and took more than 20 years to build.

The white marble mausoleum, situated on the banks of the river Yamuna, is sometimes known as a teardrop on the cheek of time.

The Taj Arabia complex will be built around the Taj Mahal which is a "symbol of love and will include various facilities to encapsulate the beauty of life, love and romance mixed with the long established Mughal architecture", Mr Mehra, who is the chairman of Link Global Group, told the Press Trust of India.

The developers say they hope that the Taj Arabia will become a new wedding destination and attract couples to it.

An earlier plan to build the complex was shelved when the company was hit by the global economic downturn
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2012 06:52 PM »

I won't go visit this one.Atleast not for Taj.I think no replica can replace the charm of any original monument.It can be a great tourist attraction though. But visiting original paces of heritage  is an experience in itself right?
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2012 09:05 PM »

Let it never be said that Dubai does anything halfway Wink So who would go visit??  bebzi

==============================

Taj Mahal replica to be built in Dubai

BBC
The original Taj Mahal in the Indian city of Agra The iconic Taj Mahal is a Unesco World Heritage site and was built in the 17th Century

A $1bn (£621m) project to build a replica of the Taj Mahal has been unveiled in the Gulf emirate of Dubai.

The Taj Arabia complex would be much bigger than the original monument to love and include a 300-room hotel, shops and commercial buildings, developer Arun Mehra said.

It would be ready by 2014 and be known as the "New City of Love", he said.

The complex will also house other structures such as the Eiffel Tower, Pyramids and the Great Wall of China.

The Taj Mahal, which is situated in the northern Indian town of Agra, is a Unesco World Heritage site.

It was completed more than 350 years ago by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a shrine for his wife Mumtaz and took more than 20 years to build.

The white marble mausoleum, situated on the banks of the river Yamuna, is sometimes known as a teardrop on the cheek of time.

The Taj Arabia complex will be built around the Taj Mahal which is a "symbol of love and will include various facilities to encapsulate the beauty of life, love and romance mixed with the long established Mughal architecture", Mr Mehra, who is the chairman of Link Global Group, told the Press Trust of India.

The developers say they hope that the Taj Arabia will become a new wedding destination and attract couples to it.

An earlier plan to build the complex was shelved when the company was hit by the global economic downturn

Arsene Wenger once said: "When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid."

in the meantime 600 million muslims border on malnutrition and are stolen from by elected politicians.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2012 01:14 AM »

I echo lucid's thoughts Grin

And to add to that, I don't think Dubai even qualifies as a tourist destination.
lucid
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2012 10:23 AM »

wow, somebody agrees with me!

i can't believe it.  i think i'm gonna have a party.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2012 03:48 PM »

The legend in India is that Shah Jehan was going to build a second mausoleum that would be the exact opposite to the Taj, made from black marble and everything.
That way he would be able to rest eternally with Mumtaz on the banks of the Yamuna  smitten
However, death intervened and he was never able to complete it!

Now if Dubai built a black marble Taj Mahal I would sooo be there to complete the set of viewing the Taj's !!  goodvibes

As for stupidity, Dubai at least knows it's oil is going to run out one day and they want to make themselves a #1 tourist/business hub of the Middle East with all these attractions and things. I don't see them much different than Las Vegas which has as you know A Taj, Eiffel Tower and Pyramids as well!!!

There are evidence that show that plans to build the black Taj may indeed have been. Satellite images show the landscaping on the opposite side of the banks of the Yamuna as a mirror image of the Taj Mahal. This area is called Mehtab Bagh is equal in size to the Taj and is in a straight line too. It is also said that Jean-Baptiste Tavernier, one of the first European visitor to the Taj Mahal mentions in his book that Shahjahan died before he could complete work on the black Taj. The other pointer is the placement of Shah Jahan's cenotaph in the Taj. It is completely off centre in the otherwise perfectly symmetrical Taj. This also gives weight to the theory that his burial was an afterthought.
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2012 04:51 PM »

I agree with br Lucid & Akhan. Why do people spend billions on things they can do without when others cant afford the basic needs? This world of ours.
Riat
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2012 05:19 PM »

It's a business venture. It's not like they're building a palace/mausoleum for themselves! If we want to criticize someone for that maybe it should be Shah Jehan?? Wink Some people become doctors and engineers, and some people build luxury shopping centers. Pretty sure Middle Easterns would be more likely to to afford going to Dubai than to Las Vegas. vwbug
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2012 07:42 PM »

Regardless, I don't find Dubai to be a charming tourist destination. Same applies to London, Paris...etc etc
Mubaraka
Sis

Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2012 08:17 AM »

Regardless, I don't find Dubai to be a charming tourist destination. Same applies to London, Paris...etc etc

And what according to you is a "charming tourist destination"? Grin
akhan
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2012 08:24 AM »

And what according to you is a "charming tourist destination"? Grin
Saudi Cheesy
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2012 08:45 AM »

Yeh,we all know that Roll Eyes...vast desert,company of bedouins,serving your ever craved dhab delicacy.......

The point here is,if,let us suppose the replica of Taj were to be built in "not so charming tourist destinations" like say  any  reachable place on earth,(I mean not antartica etc.. Grin).would you go to see the replica of Taj,which would be bigger and hotel like?Do you like the idea?I guess this was the topic of the thread.... Tongue
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2012 08:50 AM »

Nope! Why go to see the replica in some distant land when you have the real one in your own country Grin
Incidentally, if I were to go to Taj Arabia, I would go there just like I would go to any hotel, for the luxury and stuff, not coz its the "Taj of Arabia". The "Taj" tag is just a marketing gimmick, there won't be any real Taj in it.
lucid
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2012 05:11 PM »

It's a business venture. It's not like they're building a palace/mausoleum for themselves! If we want to criticize someone for that maybe it should be Shah Jehan?? Wink Some people become doctors and engineers, and some people build luxury shopping centers. Pretty sure Middle Easterns would be more likely to to afford going to Dubai than to Las Vegas. vwbug

Maybe they should built a decent university before they build billion dollar abominations like this.

There isn't a decent university in the whole of the Arab world except for the American University of Beirut, although in Egypt you get first class students at some crappy universities.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2012 06:24 AM »

I just read that its an Indian who's building it. So the oil sheikhs have run out of money after all Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: