// Debate last night? aka Voting US Election 2012
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist. - Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debate last night? aka Voting US Election 2012  (Read 4595 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #25 on: Nov 06, 2012 09:20 PM »

k JUST VOTED!!! Everyone still has no idea who's going to win.... pretty crazy.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #26 on: Nov 06, 2012 09:35 PM »

Well done.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Nov 07, 2012 04:29 AM »

OBAMA WINS!!! I'll definitely be visiting the US more often than if Romney had won!! Definitely felt like I was voting "against an idealogy" then for someone. Some of the Romney supporters are straight up racist scary people. Just did not want a prez like that. Alhamdulillah, let's hope the next 4 years are good one's for the US and the world.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #28 on: Nov 07, 2012 06:18 AM »

OH you voted!

To be honest, since he won Cali and yes, Ohio was a big help, it was wrapped up, but yeah, for a bit there it was tense. But once the Western states kicked in, it was really clear.

Yeah, agreed Sis J - right-wingers are scary! Hate-filled, racist, war-mongers and beyond.

Decent concession speech by Romney, but why did he take so long to come out!? Heard he had only written a victory speech, so that doesn't help lol.

Still some big senate races etc...hoping some of the Islamophobes lose still. Allen West and Michelle Bachmann races still not done yet.

BABA
 desibro

P.S. 1000th POST!!!!

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #29 on: Nov 07, 2012 06:46 AM »

MuBarack Obama Tongue

Baba I told you I would beat you in the post race Grin
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #30 on: Nov 07, 2012 07:27 AM »

Congratulations to the Americans for the successful election process. I hope my country will emulate you and give off our violent post-election brutality.

I dunno know, I am just apprehensive and pessimistic about the next four years of Obama. I hated Romney and happy with his defeat because of his apparent  racism and tie with Israel. But Obama's hesitancy on taking any action on Tehran might have been a tactic to get reelected. I pray he will not resolve to that after he has won.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #31 on: Nov 07, 2012 01:31 PM »

Akhan - I believe that is his full name actually, though we shouldn't forget Hussain.

haha, yeah, but that means I have more of a life and I"m not posting all the time. BOOM!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Granted, you do say a lot of goo0d things, and thus the more reputation power you have as well since this new system started. I don't have much good to say anyways.  Sad

BABA
 desibro

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #32 on: Nov 07, 2012 04:29 PM »

A.A

I can see how Muslims wanted to vote for Obama, to reject Romney.

Read this status of an ABCD friend on FB though, couldn't agree with it more... "The fox wins over the wolf, and now the sheep celebrate."

WS

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #33 on: Nov 07, 2012 04:36 PM »

He is the lesser if two evils.

Romneys election campaign made my blood run cold.

The effects of US politics are felt around the globe, I'd rather Obama then Romney

Also to implement political change the president has to convince congress of his legislation first & they all have their own interests.

To really make a difference you got to get involved yourself.

As for now. I think we on this side are just plain relieved.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #34 on: Nov 07, 2012 05:36 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Yes , definitely lesser of two evils.

But nobody from madina family voted for Gary Johnson Sad Sad

Wasalam
Tamseel
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #35 on: Nov 07, 2012 06:25 PM »

But nobody from madina family voted for Gary Johnson Sad Sad

My whole family and I voted for Gary Johnson!!   bouncygrins
rahma
Sis

rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2012 06:51 PM »

I know, I know, Romney would have been a disaster, but don't be breathing any sigh of relief...

Don't forget:

http://obamas-wars.com/

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2012 09:20 PM »

Well, I know several Americans who think that the lesser of two evils argument is so bad they didn't vote or voted 3rd party. But yeah we are stuck with two party system for the time being.

Yes, the wars, and I know Pakistani's don't like that lesser of two evils argument, given the drones...the NDAA and drones is what made me not want to vote in the first place, but as I stated earlier, thought I should stay involved. I do agree though, it's what we can do at the community level, to help improve our situation, build solid relationships, as far as the Muslim issue is concerned and then being a larger voice with support between groups, etc.

Anyways, let's hope the next 4 are better than the last 4.

BABA
 desibro

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #38 on: Nov 09, 2012 04:28 PM »

I know, I know, Romney would have been a disaster, but don't be breathing any sigh of relief...
Don't forget:
http://obamas-wars.com/

i think it's just terribly naive to expect obama to become the tree-hugging peace hippie many of you want him to be.

1) you live in america. america is the most powerful country in the world.  there is no way the president of such a country can appear weak.  he will either be kicked out of office on election day or impeached within two weeks.  i can explain to why in game theoretic terms why the leader HAS to appear somewhat aggressive, but it's common sense. 

given that, obama is about the most peaceful president anybody could have hoped for. 

2) have we forgotten that the middle east is no longer the fiefdom of tyrants like mubarak and gaddafi, and this happened during obama's watch?  did he not play an active role in this?  you cannot say it was all due to twitter and facebook. the muslim world has changed immeasurably for the better during obama's tenure.

3) i understand the pain and uproar about the drone attacks in pakistan.  but think about it from a red-blooded american point of view.  did not pakistan harbor bin laden?  if the pakistan government was so uncooperative that it was unwilling to get rid of bin laden, and US troops are not allowed on the ground in pakistan to hunt down supposed "really bad guys,"  what options are left for the most powerful country in the world which is adament about protecting its security?  how can you not expect such a country to use drones and bomb people from the sky in so-called "precision strikes?"

as a bangladeshi, i will tell you that many in Bangladesh -- a country treated extremely badly by Pakistan --  feel that more blame falls on Pakistan than the USA for the drone strikes.

4) how can you not admire obama?  he faces tremendous challenges to his leadership because of his background and ethnicity and vision.  US presidents like him don't come around very often, and i cannot imagine anyone with his qualities being elected again any time in the future.  i mean imagine,  this is a guy who partially grew up in a muslim country, who understands our culture, and is as appreciative of it as you can hope for. 

what else do you want?Huh?Huh??

may allah bless you all.
rahma
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Nov 09, 2012 10:10 PM »

Wow.   Shocked
Brother Lucid.
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.
america is the most powerful country in the world.
It's the last days of the Roman Empire.  The only reason we are 'powerful' is because the government is robbing the wealth of the nation to build a massive war machine.
there is no way the president of such a country can appear weak.
In order not to appear weak he has to make war all over the earth?
I'd much rather have a president that appeared SANE and thoughtful and concerned about his CITIZENS!
obama is about the most peaceful president anybody could have hoped for.
Really???  Did you even look at that info graphic  I posted?
have we forgotten that the middle east is no longer the fiefdom of tyrants like mubarak and gaddafi, and this happened during obama's watch?  did he not play an active role in this?
Any Egyptians on the board here?  Obama did NOTHING in Egypt!  That was the people of Egypt that turned their country around.  And as for Libya, I believe there is still a lot of fighting going on.  Word has it that they are not happy with the puppet government (and the private central bank) that the US installed.
the muslim world has changed immeasurably for the better during obama's tenure.
Again, really???  Has it changed for the better in Syria?  Is it better for the Palestinians?  Is it better for the Bahrainians?  Not to mention the MASSIVE silence coming from the White House on the tragedy in Burma...  And let's not forget Iran.  You think Iranians are better off?  You think they will be better off in a few months?
...the pakistan government was so uncooperative that it was unwilling to get rid of bin laden, and...
I think Bin Ladin and the whole 911 thing is a no-no topic here at the Madina, but, come on!  Bin Laden died back in the winter of 2001/2002.
feel that more blame falls on Pakistan than the USA for the drone strikes.
Tell that to all the innocent civilians that died.  And remember, only about 2% of the people killed were "maybe" terror suspects.  (Forget about any trial)
how can you not admire obama?
VERY EASILY!!  He signed the NDAA!!!!  Any 'red-blooded American' (as you put it) would want to see him drawn and quartered.  The NDAA is not the only way that he's mutilated the US Constitution!  I won't even go into the bank bailouts that have severely hurt the American people.

what else do you want??

What do I want???  I want an America that was envisioned by the Founding Fathers!  I want a President who will HONOR HIS OATH to uphold the Constitution.  I want a country that doesn't act like a bully all over the world.   I want a strong economy that is run by a value backed currency.  I want a country where I'm free to travel without getting groped by a bunch of blue shirts.  I could go on and on about what I want.  But I think that my voting for Gary Johnson pretty much says it all.

As I said, brother, we're going to have to agree to disagree.  I just think that Obama is going to be remembered as the worst president in US history.
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2012 05:43 PM »

:princesssis:Gary Johnson? Please give me a break! Besides the marijuana legalization, what else did he stand for again? Not to mention he didn’t even get 1% of the votes. And lastly, please don’t throw words around loosely without substantiating.

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
rahma
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Nov 11, 2012 06:53 PM »

Gary Johnson? Please give me a break!

So what's wrong with Gary Johnson?

Besides the marijuana legalization, what else did he stand for again?

To start with, he was the former New Mexico governor who vetoed 750 bills, cut tax rates 14 times without raising them and left office with a $1 billion budget surplus.

He wanted, among other things, to eliminate government interference in the economy, stop bank bailouts, and stop our military aggression around the world.  If you really want to learn more, you can watch the 3rd party debates:

US Third Party Presidential Debate (Moderated by Larry King)

Not mention he didn’t even get 1% of the votes.

So...  He only got 1% of the vote, therefore...what... he's no good?  Everything in our political system and corporate media is set up to thwart any third party candidate.  (After all, the corporations would have to bribe more than two candidates and that would cost them more money.) The  only wasted vote is voting for someone you don't believe in.

And lastly, please don’t throw words around loosely without substantiating.

What points did you want me to substantiate?  I'd be more than happy to.  I'll be waiting for your reply.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #42 on: Nov 12, 2012 06:45 AM »

Lucid,

Your viewpoint is actually very interesting. Someone told me that Obama is extremely popular outside the US!! This is really fascinating!

He is/was unpopular in the US because of only one, but huge reason: the horrible economy that has yet to improve.

and for Muslims:

-- not shutting down Guantanamo as promised
-- signing NDAA
-- drone attacks
-- killing of Awlaqi without trial
-- continued blind support of Israel
-- continued harassment of innocent Muslims by the FBI/TSA

I'm sure there's many more...

Is he an improvement on Bush? I'd say yes because of one reason, he did not invade any Muslim countries. Is he an improvement on Romney? I'm not sure what Romney's policies would have been towards Muslims. Could never get an idea of this from the campaign, so can't say. Gary Johnson I don't know, Green party I don't know, but I do know the running mate does a lot of work for poor people. That's about it!!

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Nov 12, 2012 07:10 AM »

the econocmy went down the pan before Obama came into office. He's done as much as he has been allowed by congress to try and manage it.

I've no idea about Romney's political stance but he had some frightening laws against womens rights. He needs to never be in any position of power EVER.

Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #44 on: Nov 12, 2012 11:37 PM »

the econocmy went down the pan before Obama came into office. He's done as much as he has been allowed by congress to try and manage it.

The complaints about the economy being Obama fault started two years into his leadership. I sat listening to these folks who were critizing him and all a sudden this lady stands up say: "listen you people, Bush has been f----ing this economy for 8 years, yet you expect Obama to turn it around in two years? Get real!" Everybody was stunned speechless. And she sat down.

Congress has been blocking his efforts the other two of his first term. He needs to toughen up and be President.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #45 on: Nov 14, 2012 05:40 PM »

"listen you people, Bush has been f----ing this economy for 8 years, yet you expect Obama to turn it around in two years? Get real!" Everybody was stunned speechless. And she sat down.
Well done!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
rahma
Sis

« Reply #46 on: Nov 16, 2012 02:27 PM »

yet you expect Obama to turn it around in two years?

You really think Obama wants to turn it around?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20013452-503544.html

"While Mr. Obama did not enact TARP, his administration has largely been responsible for administering it."

If anyone thinks that bank bailouts helped the economy, sorry, but you're an idiot.
The bank bailouts stole money from the tax payers of this country and gave it to the rich.
You will see that in the next 4 years Obama will do everything possible to strip this land and its people of everything of value and give it all to the banks (i.e., the rich people), the military industrial complex and Israel.

rahma
Sis

« Reply #47 on: Nov 19, 2012 01:21 AM »

How Do You Kill 11 Million People?
rahma
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Nov 19, 2012 01:18 PM »

Yup.  Obama is just great.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2012 01:38 PM »

would Mitt Romney have been better?

I think Gaza has suffered most under Obama's presidentship, Obama is conspicuous in his silence over the recent atrocities being carried out by Israel

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: