// Malala Yousafzai
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: When many astronauts go to space, they see the insignificant size of the earth and vastness of space, and they become very religious, because they have seen the Signs of Allah. --Cat Stevens
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malala Yousafzai  (Read 2129 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 10, 2012 05:20 PM »

Prayers for this little girl.

Why can't the Muslim world protest over this??

======================

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/10/world/asia/teen-school-activist-malala-yousafzai-survives-hit-by-pakistani-taliban.html

A Taliban spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, confirmed by phone that Ms. Yousafzai had been the target, calling her crusade for education rights an “obscenity.”

“She has become a symbol of Western culture in the area; she was openly propagating it,” Mr. Ehsan said, adding that if she survived, the militants would certainly try to kill her again. “Let this be a lesson.”
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2012 08:24 PM »

Authubillah, how horrible, how mindless can people become??
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2012 02:37 AM »

"A Taliban spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, confirmed by phone that Ms. Yousafzai had been the target, calling her crusade for education rights an 'obscenity'."

No, Ehsanulla Ehsan ... YOU and your ignorant ilk are the "obscenity".

I hope this brave young woman can recover from her injuries.
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2012 04:07 AM »

Why can't the Muslim world protest over this??

So very true.And the attackers here claim to be Muslims?If only they knew their religion better.It is a pity , sorrowful and precisely shameful that we have such people in our Muslim world.
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2012 01:10 PM »

Judging from my twitter feed, the fact that a film calculated to cause offence can galvanise muslims the world over to protest but the fate of young girl will cause... what, exactly? I doubt muslims will be half as incensed by this.  it's like that cartoon I saw, muslims kill muslims and no one blinks an eye.  Someone insults the Prophet PBUH/Islam and there are violent protests everywhere.  It makes one very jaded by the entire thing.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2012 01:17 PM »

wsalam,

To be fair people in Pakistan are outraged including government officials. And there have been some protests over there that I saw in the news! I hope she recovers well and goes on to do great things and that they are able to keep her and her family safe inshaAllah.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2012 09:09 PM »

Just saw this as well!! Positive progress inshaAllah!  (They did add a line how the US is the enemy of Pak/Islam etc, but ya'ani baby steps!!)

Fifty Muslim scholars issue fatwa against Taliban

http://dawn.com/2012/10/11/fifty-muslim-scholars-issue-fatwa-against-taliban/

“Islam does not stop women from acquiring education and by attacking Malala the Taliban have crossed the limits of Islam,” the fatwa added.

The Islamic ruling added that United States was the enemy of Islam and Pakistan; any kind of cooperation with the US was not in compliance with the Shariah.

In response to Taliban’s interpretation of killing females for the greater good of the religion, the scholars said that Islam discourages killing of the females. Adding that, they said, “Even apostate women are not allowed to be killed in Islam.”

The assassination attempt on the life of the young National Peace Award winner has drawn widespread condemnation from the government, political parties and civil society groups, terming it a bid to silent voice for peace and education.

“Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had regarded the sanctity of Muslim’s life and property more important than the sanctity of the ‘Kaaba’ (sacred Muslim place),” adding that the fatwa stated, “Murder of one innocent human being is equivalent to murder of entire humanity.”

Also this from an Islamic speaker... good to contemplate:

A good friend reminded me of one of the most powerful verses of the Qur'an, 81:8-9, which is so devastating precisely for its use of the passive voice... 'when the newborn girl is asked/for what crime she is killed' (the Arabic of the second half, bi-ayi danbin qutilat, always sends shivers down my spine.)

Think on this a moment: Who is asking the newborn girl, and why was she killed, for what crime was she denied life--both are left blank, empty spaces for our mind to fill in, and then rightly recoil in horror. We say, over and over again, how great Islam was for women. I'd emphasize the past tense. Consider, really, what it is like to be a Muslim woman in so much of the Muslim world.

Then consider: God links these two verses into a larger foretelling of the world's end, as if to say, my asking the misogynist of his crime is as devastating, terrifying, and shattering as the very ending of the world.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2012 04:49 PM »

Nature
Sis

Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2013 07:15 PM »

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/01/20131410168668616.html
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2013 09:00 PM »

There is a photo going around taken just in the same moment as the one in the article, where she is waving to the camera, too precious.

Great news ma'sha'allah, that she is being discharged for the time being. Great symbol of perserverence.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2013 12:12 PM »

In the UK there was a time when the king didn't like someone he would chop his head off and blame it on the vikings.

Countless people are killed every day in Pakistan without anyone blinking an eyelid.
People step over starving babies in the streets of Pakistan without even noticing.
Pakistan is a failed state. If someone is robed, murdered or raped there the last thing you would ever do is report it to the police, because all they would do is rob you some more. And they would come to your house and rob you again and again.
Pakistan is a place where the police are criminals and the government are the biggest criminals. Remember the current ruler has been in prison for stealing.
His nickname when his wife ruled was Mr 10%, because any business that was done in Pakistan, would result in him stealing 10% of the money.
He wasn't anything special, all the ruling families in Pakistan are known for that.
And something that you lot don't know, that I know is this girls family is one of those ruling families.
Girls being shot in Pakistan is nothing news worthy, loads are shot everyday. So are Boys, so are women and so are men.
That is the way of Pakistan.
Pay a Policeman 1000 rupees and he will shoot anyone you ask him to.
You know what the strange thing is. There were two girls that were shot there. But you only hear about one of them? This one?
Do any of you even know the name of the other girl?
She wasn't flown to the UK for medical treatment.
She wasn't even given any medical treatment!
Her family needed to pay for her treatment themselves. It was the same gun that shot her, but unlike this girl she didn't belong to a ruling family so her life doesn't matter. And if she dies she will not be a hero. Her life is as worthless as all the girls that die from drone strikes.

You know Pakistan is a country where if you insult your brother, he will shot your daughter infront of you and say it was the taliban. Sort of like What Asif Zardari did when his wife was killed allowing him to be made ruler.

Pakistan is messed up. And it has been so for a very long time.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2013 01:36 PM »

Allah punishes the guilty, no need to curse.
I also don't like the idea of elitism.
The idea that an education and some wealth makes someone better than the uneducated man who cleans his toilet.
If this is what we have replaced the Hindu caste system with when we converted to Islam, we are very wrong if we think we are truly Muslim.
From what I have seen, it is usually the most educated and wealthy who are furthest from Islam especially in Bangladesh.
Westernised people who see the Whites as the Sunnah to follow and see the ways of the Prophet pbh as something to try and hide.
People who have no money for their next meal can never spare the money to hire thugs to beat people up can they?
The Musjids are filled with the poor and uneducated while the brothels and bars are filled with the rich and educated.
I think we should judge people by their actions and not on whether their parents had as much money to spend on their education as our parents had?
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2013 03:09 PM »

I disagree that crime is more rampant amongst the poorest and I disagree they have less to loss.
This is just lies that rich people say to look down on them and to see themselves as superior.

More poor people get prosecuted in countries like BangD because rich people have money to pay bribes.
A poor person might steal his next meal, but I don't really see that as much of a crime.
If a rich man goes to prison, his family live off his business or his savings. If a poor man goes to prison his family starve. I'm not sure why you would think the poor have less to loss?

"brothels and bars are not the real crimes in this part of the world;"

Well you only say that because it isn't your sister or daughter that rich brothel owner kidnap from poor villages to serve their rich customers in their bars and brothels.
They kidnap, buy and sell poor girls. To satisfy rich western educated men. Not Just girls, they also kidnap poor boys to satisfy the perverted desires of western educated rich men.
Some people only see things as a problem when they are the targets.
The reason why there are poor people without enough to eat is because there are rich people with too much to eat.
You don't consider bars as much of a crime? How many of these rapes are done by drunks?
And who is it that can afford to bribe the police or hire good lawyers to steal someones land?
Do poor people hire lawyers and bribe policemen to steal rich people's lands or is it the other way?
Who is it that can hire lawyers to manipulate inheritance laws? Poor people don't really inherit much to make such a thing worth it do they? And when it comes to marrying and divorcing repeatedly, this again is the rich mans privilege.

You mentioned things your family have done in Bangladesh. The key word here is 'your', these are things your rich educated family have done. so blame them, and maybe yourself to because they are part of you. But the vast majority of people in Bangladesh are not responsible. Most parents there die leaving no inheritance for their children to fight over. Only the rich westernised elite have that privilege.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2013 04:51 PM »

I don't think crime is rampant in any specific social status. The rich have their crimes and the poor have theirs. The so called elite steal the money coming in from foreign aid and the poor go around kidnapping people for ransom. Sometimes the poor get hired to do the elite's dirty work for them. Murders are committed on all levels of social status, the only difference is the one with the most money tends to get away with it due to corruption and sheer force of power and intimidation.

Assalamu Alaikum
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2013 07:05 PM »

are you moderatesufi?
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2013 08:50 PM »

Evey story has two sides. Your attitude towards the poor leads me to believe maybe your uncle has his own side to your story? Allah hu Alim, what is to say he hasn't had good reason to do what ever you accuse him of doing?
You ever asked him what his side of the story is regarding his argument with your father?
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2013 05:32 PM »

Malala, teen champion of girls' rights, nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/01/16811670-malala-teen-champion-of-girls-rights-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize#.UQ7SEdSNh_I.twitter

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2013 06:34 PM »

The courage of this girl... I have no words for it... Listen to her second message in urdu. It will just make u cry...

Malala Statement
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #18 on: Feb 05, 2013 06:52 AM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, ma'sha'allah, I hadn't seen the Urdu message (only English). "Mey khud qurban...dobara bhi"

:''''''(

I agree Sis J...just no words....amazing doesn't even cover it..

BABA

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2013 07:16 AM »

MashaAllah.Such strength.
Looks like the attack has made her all the more strong and determined.

Hope she achieves easy success in her efforts.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2013 12:34 PM »

Islamicly she is an adult. she should start wearing Hijab properly.
Nature
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2013 01:17 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23220232

Mashallah, a thousand times over. She actually gave up her place at a very prestigious international school so that her friends could go - the noor that shines from this girl is so beautiful. May Allah SWT give her every success.

Also did any of you see her speech?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2013 03:15 AM »

Haven't watched her speech, but everyone said it was awesome. She's a very brave young lady, may Allah protect her and allow her to be a leader of khair.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2013 07:55 AM »

Don't you think it's getting a little too much now?
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/assed-baig/malala-yousafzai-white-saviour_b_3592165.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false
Nature
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Jul 19, 2013 03:13 PM »

I don't know if you mean the news surrounding Malala, or the article you posted.

I understand where the article is coming from - but I think that she got all that attention mainly because she was actually writing for the BBC when she was shot, rather than being a randomly trumpeted girl.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: