// Malala Yousafzai
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’? - Jay Leno
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malala Yousafzai  (Read 2053 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2013 03:40 PM »

Both. It's just that they're increasingly blowing this out of proportion for nothing other than their own benefit. Nobody really cares whether anyone anywhere gets an education. They're doing it for political mileage. I'm not saying that Malala and the like should continue to be shot, but instead of wasting so much time and resources on all this marketing, why not really address the problem?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Jul 21, 2013 02:10 PM »

Salam,

People do care. I care that Muslim girls in indo-pak are not getting an education. It saddens me no end that my first cousin the same age as me was married off at a young age instead of being allowed to pursue her dream of being a doctor.

If Malala and others can change the mindset of desi culture to educate girls I think it's a great thing. I really would not want their job. Even trying to get this across to my uncles is incredibly difficult.

Anyway watch:

Please take 10 min to watch this short film about Humaira Bachal, a woman who is working to educate girls in her community in Pakistan. The short documentary called "Humaira the Dreamcatcher" was directed by a Pakistani woman, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, Pakistan's first Oscar winner.

akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #27 on: Jul 21, 2013 04:01 PM »

People do care. I care that Muslim girls in indo-pak are not getting an education. It saddens me no end that my first cousin the same age as me was married off at a young age instead of being allowed to pursue her dream of being a doctor.
I meant aid agencies and the UN and governments, the Obamas, the Camerons, the Gates, the Modis...they don't care about people directly under their care let alone the Malalas of the world. They're only using her as a publicity tool.

People like you, the normal people usually do care because they're nice. The elite aren't, they only care about power and money.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Jul 21, 2013 07:53 PM »

Bruv, again way too cynical for your age!! To educate girls in the Muslim world is in the world's interest. According to the United Nations, the more educated a girl is, the more she delays marriage and has less children, hence population control. Also,  I'm sure western countries would really like Muslim women to be educated in the western style and working in jobs to contribute to the world economy.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #29 on: Jul 21, 2013 08:27 PM »

That's why I always say I feel old although I'm not lol

I disagree, or maybe I've seen enough hypocrisy and lies from leaders that I can't trust them anymore. I really don't think they care about anyone other than themselves. May be it is a defect in me, but I simply can't believe what a leader or a government says.

There was a picture of twitter going around on facebook. Obama tweeted something like "happy ramadan to all the muslims" and some comedian tweeted back saying "which muslims? the ones you're force feeding in guantanamo or the ones you're killing in the drone strikes". They just say they care, I don't think they actually do.

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #30 on: Aug 31, 2013 05:08 PM »

Yeah, there has been a double-standard, as that tweet pointed out...so many are being killed at the same time, but this does not take away from Malala of course. Just that the West is also defeating what they are trying to promote in the region...so I understand where Akhan is coming from. But as Jannah says, we need to support/do what we can to push positive efforts, such as that my Malala forward....I am sure if she had mentioned any political issues in her speech at the UN, she would have been told to stop (or rather, not asked to speak, as I'm assuming they would have checked her speech beforehand).

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2013 02:53 AM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/malala-yousafzai-left-jon-stewart-speechless-2013-10

I still think that she's awesome.  Smiley Allah preserve her and her family!
akhan
Bro

« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2013 10:50 AM »

Just yesterday me and sadah were discussing about her possibly winning the Nobel Prize.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #33 on: Oct 11, 2013 02:26 PM »

You know what amazes me... the hate she gets from pakistanis. I mean.... what is she saying except the truth.... Yes she's being held up by the West etc etc, but if she brings the spotlight on injustices in Pakistan may Allah bless her.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #34 on: Oct 11, 2013 08:14 PM »

A lot of pieces today about that it was good she didn't win...and I think I agree. Yes, I was cheering for her, she was great on the Daily show the other day wtih Jon Stewart...she is just getting started in sha'allah and as one piece pointed out, later on, when she will have accomplished much more (by Allah's Grace) such an award will be appropriate even more...

also the Nobel Peace Prize has lost it's glitter...I mean...Obama, the EU? Ermmmm, NO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/10/11/the-nobel-committee-did-malala-a-favor-in-passing-her-over-for-the-peace-prize/

http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2013/10/nobel-peace-prize-0?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/peacecomesdroppingslow

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10371988/Malala-Yousafzai-didnt-win-the-Nobel-Peace-Prize.-She-didnt-need-to.html

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: