Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Whenever a tedious person sits next to me, the side on which he is sitting feels lower down than the other side of me." - Imam Shafi'i
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Major Airports use Revealing Body Scanners  (Read 1833 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Apr 18, 2008 09:06 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24199929/?GT1=43001
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2008 01:36 AM »

I've read about these before and head women are only viewd by women and
visa versa but I have my doubts and would never allow it be done to me.

TSA officials say the system comes with privacy protections. Officers reviewing the images don't interact with passengers, or even see them. They sit in a separate area, look at the pictures on a monitor and push a button to either clear travelers or alert security about a suspicious item.

Images will not be recorded or stored. Passenger faces are blurred to further protect their identities.
I don't believe this and if it is so I doubt it will always be the case.

For now, the scans will also be voluntary. Flyers selected for a secondary screening after passing through the metal detectors will have the option of stepping into the wave scanner, rather than undergoing a physical pat-down.

Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2008 11:27 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

I agree that what is reported is not necessarily the clear and absolute truth.  First of all the images would need to be stored especially in the instance of a "finding" otherwise there would be no viable evidence to support the detention and additional screening.  And most assuredly, there would be no way of proving that women were scanned by women and men scanned by men.

Technology may have its advantages but I think things go too far and for no good reason.

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2008 09:56 AM »

WTH, I'd never want even a male to see my belly button and thighs.

My tunni/b-button is my own business.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: