Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Animals: The Prophet said: 'Anyone who kills even a sparrow for no reason (should know that) it will cry alound to Allah on the Day of the Resurrection, saying, "O my Lord! So-and-so killed me just for fun; he killed me for no reason!" ' (Sunan An-Nasâ'î)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shehr E Zaat- anyone?  (Read 2349 times)
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« on: Oct 16, 2012 04:38 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Any one watching Shehr E Zaat , Pakistani drama? Its pretty deep , what y'all think of it ?
Its pretty annoyning in the begining but I was told to hang on till episode 7or 8 Smiley

Specially love its title song .Any sufi peotry fans here Smiley

(I am needful person, who needs you
I will take for granted very dearly the sorrow of a beloved like you
You are the sun; my eye is alight with your beauty
if I giveup you , to whom I ll go)

Yaar Ko Humne Ja-ba-ja Dekha
Kahin Zahir Kahin Chupa Dekha
Kahin Momkin Hoa Kahin Wajib
Kahin Momkin Hoa Kahin Wajib
Kahin Fani Kahin Baqa Dekha
Kahin Fani Kahin Baqa Dekha
Kahin Wo Baadshaah-e-takht Nasheen
Kahin Wo Baadshaah-e-takht Nasheen
Kahin Kaasa Liye Ghada Dekha
Kahin Kaasa Liye Ghada Dekha
Kahin Wo Der Leebaas-e-mashoka
Ber-ser-ray Naaz Aur Aada Dekha
Ber-ser-ray Naaz Aur Aada Dekha
Kahin Zahir Jahin Chupa Dekha
Kahin Aashiq Niyaz Ki Soorat
Kahin Ashiq Niyaz Ki Soorat
Kahin Ashiq Niyaz Ki Soorat
Seena Phir Yon Dil Jala Dekha
Seena Phir Yon Dil Jala Dekha
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2012 03:41 AM »

Wsalam,

Nope but I did watch some episodes of Humsafar with my mom! The Urdu was sometimes too high level for me but of course the story was great and mom loved it! Although the end was *dundundun weird but interesting but definitely satisfactory Wink
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2012 10:34 AM »

apparently Maat is v good and also yaha pyar nahi hai .... there is a website which is updated with all the pakistani dramas daily.... haven't started shehr-e-zaat yet that will probably be next on the list.... any one watching mera yaqeen or baandi
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2012 11:52 AM »

A.A

You guys should watch "Khuda or Muhabbat" if you haven't already. It'll strap your brains.

And how many of you watched "Mera Sayen". And "Ishq Junoon Deewangi" ?

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Baji
Sis

Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2012 12:41 PM »

wasalaam
Hubby has just brought back Mera Sayen and khuda aur muhabbat from pak maybe after eid will have the chance to watch them now that it is getting colder here Smiley apparently there is a Mera Sayen 2 that has started???

I had to edit just saw a link for Tanhaiya naye silsile... think this was one of the first pakistani dramas i watched.... back in the 80's

Baji
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2012 03:02 PM »

Didn't like Mera Sayen 2, only watched a few episodes.

The other two your hubby brought are excellent!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2012 09:10 AM »

Yessssss me!!!!

So far it's good but really slow. Nani is starting to get on my nerves and Tabinda is played by someone who is unrealistic for the role.

Anyone seen Durr-e-shahwar? I LOVED that drama - couldn't stop crying through it. It's a must watch for all women marrying Pakistani men.

Maat sucked.

Humsafar is the reason I've started watching dramas again.
tq
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2012 07:20 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

May be the reason they have Tabinda like that to make a point ? The title song by Abida Parveen is fantastic(my kids thought she was a guy Smiley)
I loved Durre-shahwar, and totally agree with you that it should be a pre-req for all girls before marriage. The dad in DS was awesome (remainds me of my dad Smiley )

didnt like Maat ending . Have seen some of Mera sayen, its ok. Bilquis Kaur was good too

JustOne
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2012 08:04 PM »

Ur right - plus they haven't developed Tabinda's character yet, so maybe she has more to offer lol. But that shower scene gave me goosebumps woooh. Very well acted.

Ok so that's Abida parveen? Omg I thought it was a guy too. It's a reeeeally good song, but I don't really understand all of it. I should look up a translation.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2012 01:21 PM »

A.A.

Durr-e-Shahwar was good but too slow. Dreams in dreams and stuff... made me want to forward the DVD.

Was the Dad really awesome ? Because the same man made a pathetic husband.

That play makes you cringe. Obeying parents is good but not like that!

tq
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2012 02:06 PM »

JO, the first part is in farsi , but even the urdu part has to be undestand and ponder Smiley

H2H- I am not talking about Durre's husband, but her dad and his letters.

Wasalam
Tamseel

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2012 02:15 PM »

Oh, okay. One thing i'm going to stick to in life considering real life experiences and such plays is that one should marry according to their financial status.

The Bollywood type marriages don't work in real life.

JustOne
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:36 PM »

Oh I cried at every letter. Such beautiful advice for every girl. I was a bit disappointed with the ending and the summation that all marriages survive merely through the sacrifice of wives. Found the 'she must be a martyr' stuff to be really trite - been there, done that, why can't we desis get over that rubbish? Then the really aggressive, career-oriented working woman decides to abide by that. Sooooo unrealistic and rushed. I just wish they had shown an alternative as well... Saud's wife maybe? Or Durr-e-Shahwar's sister? Whatever... Still loved the drama.

Just saw episode 17 of SeZ... For the record, she is so beautiful.... I haven't cried once in this drama but I really felt for her when he was eating chicken tikka from Tabinda's hands (lol), although it strangely looked more like KFC than chicken tikka.

I will ask my husband to translate the OST. He wrote out a translation for the Hamsafar one too.

Yay ... I love this thread!
JustOne
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2012 10:16 PM »

Oh yes, agreed - Bollywood type marriages are so unrealistic.

Anyone who still thinks that they aren't - I recommend having 3 kids in 4 years - the best reality check ever. By the time you attempt to celebrate your 5th anniversary at THE fanciest place in town, and one kid trips a waiter, another one vomits all over the lobster station, and the third one cries through the entire evening, when you and your spouse can look at each other knowingly and say 'why say, this really was lovely- the appetizer was just delightful, and yup never coming here again' - that's when you know, Bollywood is so not even remotely on the radar of reality...
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2012 10:39 PM »

OMG

I used to LOVE pakistani dramas as a kid...they have a beginning middle and end. Unlike Indian ones which just go on and on and on andonandonandon till one loses the will to watch.

Sooooo I decided to skim thro a few episodes on youtube of Shehr E Zaat.

Sis tq, WHY didnt you have a BIG massive warning going this is sad drama, Fozia do not watch it you'll go and drown yourself in a vat of chocolate after watching it??? tsktsk

It's so so so so poignant, I cried right the way thro episoide 16, when she says 'I've forgotten everything worth remembering, and everything I remember is worth forgetting'... I could've said that once, had I been so poetic but I'm not and when she recites surah Fatiha.... oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.

It's her spiritual awakening isn't it? I cant watch and I cant not watch.... I hope the ending is different from the book.

I'm going to go find that vat of chocolate now.  eye

If I do not return everyone remember it's Sr tq's fault, her drama drove me to it. :'(

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tq
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2012 04:17 PM »

AA
I am soo happy that Sr.Fozia you liked it , I knew you would  Smiley and yes it is about spiritual awakening.
Sorry about not putting the warning though:)

If I do not return everyone remember it's Sr tq's fault, her drama drove me to it.   
Dont you even think about , if I dont see you here ,I will start stalking you on fb Smiley, Wish you were near- I could have helped you with chocolates (my oldest is working at a candy store and he gets great discount and knows which one his mom likes too Smiley) Once you are done with this I will let you knwo about a happy light one also Smiley

JO, they could have shown how happily married Durre's sister was but that wouldnt have been "talked about drama" Smiley I thought the message was that if you have a tough situation in life, you try to work through it, you dont quit but you do your best and look for whatever positive there is . Bascially life is not bollywood all the time , so if life gives you lemon, you make lemonade SmileySmiley

Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2012 03:16 PM »

My favourite Pakistani drama of all time when I was a child was Tanhaiyan our favourite was the Marina Khan character she was so funny and endearing, she was also in a drama called dhoop kinare, in it her name is Zoya & my sister named her youngest daughter after her! Lol

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JustOne
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2012 08:29 AM »

Fozia how's this for good news: the cast of tanhaiyaan has reunited in its sequel: tanhaiyaan naye silsilay... The first episode has already aired. I'm going to wait for a few episodes to pass and the reviews to come in before investing my time in it tho
Baji
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2012 02:19 PM »

I watched the first episode of Tanhayia nae silsiley - have to say that I had to go back and re read a summary of Tanhayia afterwards it is amazing how much u forget..... personally i think it has the potential to be good and i think it will have a good mix of comedy and sadness Smiley

JO have you seen Ek Nayi Cindarella.... asian take on the story.... i have to say quite diff for a pakistani drama..... also the others i am watching are bari aapa, mera yaqeen and baandi.....

Not going to start SEZ till after Eid as hubby wants to watch too so will watch together i think....

Baji x
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2012 01:07 PM »

Has anyone else watched episode 18 of Shehr E Zaat (I think I'm behind, I've been busy), the beach scene, she says everything there has ever been worth saying.

This the most beautifully made drama I've ever watched.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2012 01:11 PM »

and I'm so glad she signed those papers, I was worried they were going to go with the plot of the novel.

Becasue altho patience has it's benefits, it should be practiced within boundaries, Falaq's plight being outside of it.

JustOne
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Nov 08, 2012 03:28 PM »

The ending was a major disappointment.

Baji I haven't seen it. Is it good?
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2012 05:58 PM »

the ending shouldnt have been that way.

Forgiveness is possible without having to sacrifice oneself, ones life.

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2012 06:31 PM »

the downtown abbey thread was frustrating enough and now a desi show? seriously? isn't there something better women can do? Grin
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2012 06:45 PM »

Bro go and start a cricket thread or something....shoo

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: